[FIN] It's Raining (on) Men Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:58 pm
Zevran grinned wickedly. "Oh you would be amazed at how long I can go on; I can go on all night, talking or engaged in other activities. Or both! Multi-tasking is not only the ah... the province of women. I would have to agree with you again however Abel! Both with the required trust and an enjoyable prospect for an evening, or longer, or over repeated evenings as one's preference dictates!" The rainstorm had been amusing bad fortune before but he was quite glad of it now, the dripping wet jeans were not fun but the entertaining company made up for it!

"It is pure chance that I picked boots this morning which is in my favour but my address is less so, it is quite a walk from here still. Fortunately however I do not shrink when I get wet - I do not have any vertical inches to spare - so at the worst I will get unpleasantly soaked again on the way back." Zevran was still grinning, there was plenty to grin about in most of what he had just said.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:11 pm
Abel matched Zev's wicked grin with his own. "One or the other is good, but both is preferable, I'd say, though I don't know if I can go on all night. Sounds like you're in better shape than me." But then again, smoking like a train tended to do that; he wasn't nearly as healthy as he could be. ...well, smoking and having an atrocious diet, but he didn't care to think about the latter one at the moment. Instead he chuckled, still grinning. "Yeah, I like the way you think." All of those time frames were good, without a doubt - the latter especially.

"Sounds like your luck's better than mine, too," he noted as he purposefully made his shoes squelch on the floor; he made a face again. "That sucks that you have to walk so far, though. Maybe the rain'll let up before then?" He suggested, although he really had no idea, especially since rain hadn't even been in the forecast for the day - and despite his rather innocuous response, he couldn't help but continue to grin over Zevran's word choices. Oh yes, he liked this guy already - he was probably tons of fun to drink with.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:18 pm
"I am in good shape, it's true!" Zevran agreed, shifting his shoulders slightly so that the muscled flexed. "As for you...." He tilted his head slightly and looked at Abel thoughtfully, he did look a little thin! Oh, and that brought another joke to mind! His wicked grin got even wickeder. "Humm, well you do look as though perhaps you could use some meat inside you my friend!"  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:23 pm
He chuckled a bit, watching as the other man flexed purposefully, and focused on his shirt again as he turned it over to try and dry the other side...

Zevran's statement caught him off-guard however and he snorted. He lifted a hand to the upper half of his face, his expression wavering for a moment before he burst out laughing. There were a couple things he could think to say in response but at the moment was unable to say any of them.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:27 pm
Ha! Yes, yes he liked this man. Zevran beamed as he shook out his shirt to check if it was dry yet; it wasn't so he put it back under the stream of hot air as he listened to Abel's laughter. "Surely you do not think it so far fetched a suggestion!" he exclaimed. "Getting meat regularly is very good for you! And if you are a vegetarian of course there are artificial substitutes." Zevran nodded seriously. "Quorn sausage, if you will? In fact quorn comes in many shapes and sizes to suit all tastes!"  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:35 pm
Further comments made him lean his raised arm against the wall as he laughed harder, his arm holding his shirt dropping to his side. Eventually he managed to say, somewhat breathless, "Holy s**t, dude. That's great, I can't even... man," he finished through his slowly quieting laughter. No, okay, he had to get this guy's number. He was probably fantastic to drink with.

With great effort he regained what composure he had - minus the wide grin still on his face - and he resumed drying his shirt under the dryer. "No, that's fair. I don't have any meat in my diet at the moment," which was quite true in either sense, one of which only when Valour could bring them some which wasn't always, "but that is a fair suggestion that I... may have to think about more. I mean, I know I could use some," he added as he gestured to his thin frame, and pointedly ignored the rather uncomfortable, self-conscious feeling that threatened to surface because of it.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:51 pm
Alas, sometimes meat was not abundant in the diet be it figurative or literal. Had Abel been ill or did he just eat poorly? His comment seemed to indicate the latter for which he had Zevran's sympathy, though he would have had it for the former too. "A great pity, it's no good to be without meat so you certainly should," Zevran said aloud with a sigh and a shake of his head. After a moment of thought he continued with; "So perhaps we should get some together sometime?" Now Zevran was grinning again, shrugging and adding; "Or if you prefer we can meet without meat of course, I am new to Kodo you see and I don't know very many people; I would be pleased to make a friend." Good company was not always in good supply and he did feel a little... ehhhh... a little adrift, perhaps. Nothing too serious! It was to be expected, having left behind everything he had ever known. It would just be nice to find a few people he could meet with on a regular basis simply for the sake of company.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:20 pm
As Zevran didn't ask, Abel didn't elaborate. "Yeah, that's a fair point. A varied diet would be better, yeah? Variety is the spice of life, and all that," he finished as he shot the shorter blond a bright grin.

The question made him hesitate a moment while he thought about it - to really, truly think about it for a moment or two - before he said, "That'd be good, I think. We could meet up for drinks or something?" He suggested, shying away from the subject of meeting up for other reasons for the moment. ...or at least right away; a moment or two later he couldn't help but add, "Maybe we could work up to dinner from drinks sometime."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:26 pm
Promising on all fronts! Zevran smiled less suggestively than he had to date and nodded his agreement. "Drinks, I would like that, and anything else such as dinner we can decide later if the mood takes us yes? We should exchange numbers then... Ah, I hope my phone still works." Zevran hung his shirt over his shoulder in order to fetch the device out of his soaked pocket with a look of concern on his face but thankfully it still lit up when he pressed the side button, and accepted his pin key too. "Ha! Excellent, I could do without needing to replace this just now." He would need to make some money again very soon but he would worry about that tomorrow when the heavens were no longer falling.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:50 pm
He nodded as well while he pondered over the subject. That was always something he could puzzle out later however, so for the moment he set it aside. When Zevran expressed his concerns about his phone, Abel's eyebrows rose. "Ah, s**t, right." Damn, his hadn't gotten ruined either, had it? He pulled it out of a pocket and he exhaled a quiet breath through his nose as it responded. "Yeah, same," he admitted somewhat ruefully, "phones aren't exactly cheap to replace. Here, what's your number?" He asked as he slung his still damp shirt over the hand dryer before he pulled up the contacts screen on his phone, ready to enter a new one.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:58 pm
"Not at all," Zevran agreed fervently, he was confident that he could get the money for another but doing so would either be dangerous or involve doing things he didn't really want to do... or possibly both. Regardless of the above he dictated his number to Abel before stepping closer to the taller man to pass his own phone over, with the screen set to accept a new contact. "And for you to give me yours," he explained. Perhaps it was a bit odd to but he was in the habit of getting people to program their details into their phone themselves; if they were too awkward to just tell him they didn't want to see him again then it was easily achieved by them putting in the wrong number and he bore them no hard feelings, but if they did want to see them again then sometimes what they chose to name themselves told him something about them.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:09 pm
No, definitely not; while he was almost certain Alyssa would give him a break to buy a new phone if he needed one, given she needed a way to keep tabs on him at times, he didn't want to know what he'd have to do to pay back that favor. He was still trying to figure a way to get out of this favor.

Setting such thoughts aside, he typed the number in as Zev stated each number, along with his full first name. That done he put his phone away, and though his brows rose a bit as he was presented with the other man's phone, he accepted it anyway with a quiet "all right" and dutifully typed his own name and number into it. Once finished with all the typing, he passed it back before he retrieved his shirt from the top of the dryer. Unsurprisingly, it was still damp. "So you said you're not from here," he began, noting the closer proximity but not moving to get some distance back, and in fact he inclined his head a fraction closer to his shorter company to ask curiously, "where're you from, if you don't mind my asking?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:17 pm
The question was to be expected; Zevran shrugged slightly and shot Abel another smirky smile as he put his phone away. "No I don't mind, if I minded I would attempt to affect a local accent! I am from an island far away and to the south called Thedas. It is a remarkably self important place made up of tiny kingdoms which often fiercely oppose one another over what other countries would consider the space of one farm." Zevran shrugged again and went back to drying his shirt. "I suppose one cannot help a certain fondness for where one comes from, but for me it was high time I sought new and broader horizons! I travelled a bit, most recently thought Sinnoh, and now here I am! For now at least, and I may remain if I find it to my liking." Kodo was indeed a long way from Thedas, perhaps it would work out well? Perhaps.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:24 pm
Abel responded with a breath of a laugh, his grin returning. "That's fair. I hope you don't mind that I've never heard of it before. Sounds interesting though," he added. Not somewhere he'd ever want to visit. Read about, maybe. Visit? No, definitely not. The mention of Sinnoh piqued his interest though, and he turned a mildly surprised expression to Zev in consequence. "Yeah? Whereabouts in Sinnoh? That's where I'm from - near Solaceon." He gave up on drying his shirt more for the moment - if it wasn't dry by now, it probably wouldn't be even if he stood there for another half an hour - so he gave up and leaned against the wall between the two hand dryers instead. Ah, cold tile; he couldn't win. Cold rain outside, cold tile inside. Oh well.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:31 pm
"Oh yes?" Zevran's eyebrows rose with interest. "I went up along the south coast and the east coast as far as Veilstone and from there I went inland to Hearthome... I do believe I travelled through Solaceon actually! Farms and ranches, a tower nearby? Ha! And I certainly don't mind you not hearing of Thedas, it doesn't care to hear of anywhere else unless there is profitable trade to be had and even then it pretends it did not happen. Religion you know? All of you people are heathens of course, doomed to the void and so on and so on. I think there were specifics of your unfortunate eventual fate but alas I always fell asleep part way through the chant when I was forced to attend as a boy and so I cannot relate them now."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff