[PRP] A quiet venue (Faults x Spirits) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:57 pm
"Well, we're not handed out our names on pity or kindness. You need to do something remarkable, earn a reputation for yourself, become storied," the doe replied, her confidence bolstered by his compliments. "And of course you couldn't– you don't even have horns. You're not built for brute strength. I'm sure you're better at navigating in the dark than I am, or... fitting in small places, or hearing things."

She paused. "So, your turn. How did your... dream happen?" The concept, however alien, was fascinating to her. A story that held a special meaning, one that you might not find out about until later in life? It was so... antithetical, so opposite to how things were done amongst her kin, where names were borne from a reason, that turned into a story, and the name's meaning was obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:23 pm
"Horns? What are those?" he sounded perplexed by this and he moved his head around in a searching manner as if he'd be able to locate her horns that way. He hadn't really talked with any kin other than Zikwa, so this 'horn' concept was foreign to him!

"Mmmm. There's a reason we all tend to have bits that glow to us. Easier to find one another in the dark...and enough small lights in a dark place make it easier to find a path through. As for small places, quite! I have a spot I like to sit and ponder as it were."

The question though it made him grow quiet a moment and his eyes closed as he took a breath and exhaled a moment, recalling his dream.

"Though you reside in the land of the living, the world of the breathing...
...you will find comfort and solace in the world beyond.

You will connect easily to this other realm, and do all you can to bridge the gap between what all know, and

Where Only Spirits Roam.
"

He recited it easily, it was something that had been with him from the start after all!  

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:33 pm
Well, that was certainly a question. Faults guessed that lacking working eyes was a serious handicap for knowing the world. "Uh... they're like hooves or scales, coming back off the side of most kins' heads," she answered. "They let me use all the force of all four hooves, plus my neck... with hardness beyond that of anything else."

When he settled in to recite his naming dream, the doe listened raptly. "That... is certainly a story," she said. And, after a moment...

"Is that... a real place? Have you been there?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:38 pm
"Hooves out of the head." he repeated that and his head dipped down to nuzzle at one of his own hooves carefully, trying to imagine what it looked like having a hoof coming out of the head. It sounded interesting in any case.

There was a soft noise of affirmation. "It's not hard to get there now. It was at first, because I tried too hard. But I learned how to let go of my focus and close out the world around me. To let my mind and my heart go to this other side."

His voice was soft, revered. "Some say I just imagine it, and maybe I am. Maybe all the shifting muted light I see, has just given way to a fantastic place within me, and yet...it's not something that bothers me. I find comfort there in any case."  

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:52 pm
Interesting. Finding an escape, a place that was just a few moments away– a spot of solace, where one could escape the inanity of other kin.

"Regardless of whether it is, it's useful to you. As long as it doesn't harm others, that's what matters."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:31 am
"Useful, but impossible back there. Too much noise, and confusion. Trying to find a spot to sleep is chore enough, getting through the crowd an entirely different matter, but finding somewhere I can just sit, without flowers in my face an entirely different thing." he chuckled lightly.

"So, thank you for helping me get somewhere a lot more peaceful, and a whole lot less crowded." it was appreciated.  

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:47 am
Finds-Faults nodded. "Of course. You're welcome for that," she replied. This was a calm, restful thicket, and she had good company as well. She stayed quiet, considering topics for further conversation– she could stand to stay around a little longer.

"So, tell me about...."

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces