[FIN] battle on! [Lex/KO] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:53 pm
KO shrugged and smirked lazily. "I'm sure it's not proper trainer technique but I'm not field agent and it works, look at her...." Use normal type attacks. "Regina! Try Play Rough!" KO called with a slightly irritable flick of his hand.

Regina flicked her ears at the instruction but KO was the one with the cheese so she switched to the fairy type attack, pelting Blurr with swats from her razor razor claws and nips from her needle teeth.

"Anyway what is it you're up to these days?" KO continued, turning to Lex once again. "I've been a little caught up in my research for the last oh... four months? Three?" He waved a hand airily. "Something like that, time flies when your monitoring minute changes in the concentration of gasses."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:02 pm
"Cooking up my first custom pokemon, start to finish simple genetic color alternations. Decided on Combusken." Lex said, watching Regina swat away as Blurr slumbered on. He recalled the Bisharp, setting her aside, and scooted out his bug onto the field."Otherwise, trying to clean up an idea for researching Dark ball's effects on Pokemon's behavior."

Prime stared up at the feline in shock, blinking round eyes and gave a squeaking noise that probably could be translated to, are you kidding me?  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 50 Total: 50 (1-100)

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:07 pm
"Oh?" KO arched an eyebrow at his friend, a quirk of a smile on his lips. "What's got you interested in that then? The Combusken sounds promising though, it's a powerful line isn't it? Well, most of the 'starter' species are. I suppose that's the point, giving young trainers a good place to start." Dark Pokemon though? Oh they had their uses but he didn't really see the value in studying their behaviour.

Then, to Regina he added; "Carry on."

The Persian inspected her new opponent with apparent glee and stalked forward, her long tail lashing. <> she purred as she leapt forward with Fury Swipes.

((33.3% 2 hits, a 33.3% 3, 16.7% 4 times, and a 16.7% 5.

1-33 = 2
34-66 = 3
67-84 = 4
85-100 = 5))

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:16 pm
"Mostly in how the dark ball alters their hormones causing unbalance behavior and if it could be corrected with medications," Lex admitted. "Which could allow for easier all around handling and sharper focus of commands. Also in gaining respect and trust and its relationship to Mega evolution."

Prime squeaked as she was battered with the furry swipes and gave an annoyed sound and retaliated with String Shot.

"And I think that is probably enough of that for you, hmm Prime?" A little experience was one thing, getting smacked about was another. "Did you have a request in what type you want Regina to go against next? Dragon, Fire, electric/bug, and Rock/Ice are the choices."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:27 pm
"Do you think so?" KO asked curiously, his brows still raised a little. "I haven't seen many used but I know that some rockets do, and get good results from them as they are.... If it were possible - and advantageous let's assume - to chemically undo some of what a dark ball does to a pokemon that intervention would require long term drug therapy though, which would be expensive. I suppose you could create a shot to use just before battles though?" KO shrugged, changing the behaviour of dark pokemon by manipulating their brain chemistry was technically interesting but he wasn't too interested in the soft touch fuzzy outcome. "Have you talked to any Rockets with dark pokemon to see how the handle them? Humm... and give her rock and ice, I think she's getting a bit cocky."

Regina was currently occupied with trying to clean the sticky strands of string shot off her face, and paying no attention at all to the pair of humans.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:37 pm
"It would be a long term study, behavior and levels before and then after and I guess it going to depend on what is changing chemically if any of this is feasible, but it would be interesting. And at the moment the only person I know that has a dark pokemon is Clancy." Lex made a face. He certainly wasn't going to ask Clancy for help. "I did talk it over with Aulus but to sum it up, was beat them in battle and then make them know that they only get to battle if they listen."

He brought out Strongarm's poke ball releasing the Amaura onto the field. "Start with a Rock throw," he called out.

Strongarm didn't bother making small talk, instead focusing on her opponent and instead slammed her tail down, sending rocks at the Persian.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:58 pm
"Hu." KO gave another shrug. "I suppose you'll need one of your own then? Or put out an appeal to anyone willing to let you study theirs, most rockets can be bribed... or to put it more nicely, will swap a favour for a favour." You just needed that favour to offer in return and it wasn't as though Lex was without marketable skills, he could probably manage something. That didn't mean it would go anywhere of course but if it pleased Lex it was harmless at the very worst, like his own tailoring.... He did miss tailoring, the click of his sewing machine or the flash of a needle as he handstiched was nearly as good as a soak in a hot bath for easing tension and had beautiful results on top of that. "Perhaps something more can be done with them," KO concluded, he really didn't know enough about how they were used currently to say.

As the rocks sailed towards Regina and then hit her mid spring KO sucked in a breath and then chuckled briefly. "Owch." That would have taken the wind out of her sails a little.

Although she had been knocked out of the air Regina landed lightly, as felines are wont to do, but she was panting as she alighted; the feint attack earlier combined with this new assault were taking their toll! With cheese promised to her if she tried her best however she sprang forward again, trying to Bite onto the Amaura's neck with dark power anti-glinting around her fangs.

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 84!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:18 pm
"I'm planning to put in for an Audino if I can get approved for the study," Lex replied and nodded, pleased as Strong Arm put in a good showing. "That way it ties into Mega Evolution and being a smaller pokemon and a normal type, should be easier to keep contained and in control."

Strong Arm grunted under the assault and with a cry let loose with Thunder Wave.

(flinch? yes /no?/ Nope)  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:29 pm
(Immobilised? 1 = yes. 2-4 = no)

"Audino?" KO conjured up the mental image of the pokemon and snorted. "A dark Audino, now that would be funny. They're too saccharine looking for my tastes but I suppose one would serve your purposes well." KO wasn't personally convinced that the higher ups would see the value but perhaps he was wrong? Some elites had odd tastes. "Who will you take it to?" he asked as he watched the Thunder Wave strike Regina and winced very slightly in sympathy for how it made her twitch. "It's not genetics... are you heading away from that now? Other than making your personal Combusken." If it wasn't where his research was then it probably wasn't where his heart was, perhaps Lex was still looking for his niche in the sciences? A tricky position to be in when proposing your own research though, as he knew himself, if you had a good idea but needed expertise you didn't possess it could be provided.

Though hampered by the seizing of her muscles Regina managed to change her grip and Bite down on the Amaura again, by now however it was clear that she was seriously flagging.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:37 pm
"I thought a healer could be good for the team, and a dark Audino would be a bit amusing." Lex admitted, hands open in an easy shrug. "Adorably monstrous." Lex hummed softly. "It's probably biology department, and I'm not sure? I like working in genetics but I don't know what sort of personal research I would be able to do there." His combusken was a combination of learning skills and a personal milestone but then, that was the most common thing the department was known for.

"Just have to see what happens."

A second bite brought Strong arm panting slightly, knees buckling but she retaliated with Icy Wind, battering her attacker with strong icy gales.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 pm
KO raised an eyebrow and chuckled softly. "You always were whimsical Pulsar. There are things you can take forward in genetics though, my own current project involves the department in fact. I've needed to call in experienced hands to actually do the technical side of it of course though." Everything was progressing well, after a couple of setbacks anyway! He had real hopes for the latest two specimens, if only one of them would survive and thrive it would all be worth it!

A sad mewing noise drew KO's attention back to the battlefield and he sighed slightly as he watched Regina shrink back from the onslaught of Icy Wind, she was done for. "Alright, you've earned your cheese Regina, come back." He recalled her to her pokeball and then turned to Lex. "So who next? I've got Viceroy, Baron, Bruce, Empress, and Imperator still ready to battle. Have you met the last two?" He wasn't entirely sure he'd introduced them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:59 pm
"Good job Strong," Lex called and walked towards her, giving her a careful hug and recalled her to her pokeball. "I know, I know! I'm sure given a bit of time, I'll be focusing a lot more then just simple cosmetic changes."

"Ooh, I don't think I have! Do you mind if I take a moment to heal up these three before continuing on? Like I said, I'm focusing a lot of my newer ones." They were still learning and he would like to give them a chance for a second battle.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09 pm
"Sure, go ahead," KO replied with a wave to the console on one wall of the training room. "And while you're doing that why don't you ask me about me?" he added, dropping his weight over onto one hip and giving Lex an expectant look. Lex was so distractable, sometimes KO felt as though if he wasn't reminded he wouldn't think to ask much after anyone else.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:14 pm
Lex laughed joyfully and beamed. "Did I? Sorry, Naos. How are you?" He trotted over to the console and popped the pokeballs into the slot quickly before turning around. "Did you get promoted yet? Is your roommate remaining tolerable? If I asked you out to brunch sometime for fancy coffee and cake, would you go?" The last was a tiny bit teasing, but a true offer.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:50 pm
Ah Pulsar, head as fluffy as his hair; it was reassuringly familiar in a world he now sometimes struggled to keep a grip on. "If I had got promoted you would have heard about it, believe me. No I am still a lowly grunt, my roommate is fine, and I'm allowed to spend my free time in the labs working on something of my own! It is exciting, but it does cut my social life down to the bone. Give me two weeks notice though and I could arrange to be free for fancy coffee and cake; I'd rather like to get away from the base for a few hours, all this time indoors is doing nothing for my complexion." His mixed-bag heritage meant that he would never be pale but he could certainly be more tanned than he was at the moment.

"My project is coming on rather well though," he added, his tone dropping the hint that Lex should ask for more details.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff