Submit

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:43 pm

"Have you ever tried caiman eggs?" a stray thought, brought on by the idea of eating the creatures themselves. She'd never seen caiman or crocodile eggs, so really it's just an assumption that they do lay eggs, based on the fact she knows lizards do.

"I taught my children to hunt, I don't require their children to learn but I teach the ones who want to." Spiral wonders if she should mention exactly how many of them there are, not that she knows the count herself. Her children are seven, but their children and so on are many more. Not to mention her pack, perhaps it's best not to say, the full tally can be overwhelming. "Mostly it's me and my pack that hunt, I've got several cats and dogs. Sorrel joins in sometimes, or will borrow them if I'm busy."

"I think boar is the biggest game we've hunted. The crocs in the river don't bother us, though that could be because Sorrel is very protective of her garden. So kin don't wander in uninvited most of the time." She really does need to look into that, maybe get the pack and Sorrel together to hunt a crocodile, Glossbones and River-swollen would appreciate the skull, possibly the hide too.

The otter hits his mark, landing on the shadow hound's back. Immediately Demon turns the game of tag into a game or wrestle, being as gentle with Fish as if he were a puppy. Spectre watches the two, like a wary parent ready to break it up if it goes from play to fight.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:54 pm
"No, I haven't. I have seen lizards and other small creatures dig a nest up. It was a younger caiman, and the nest was higher up the banks. So when she went to the river to cool down, the lizards, ferrets, and others would dig in her nest to steal her eggs." Blood replied. "I have considered doing the same, but I haven't found a possible nest to raid." He had found nests but not any far enough the banks that he would have time to break in and raid without losing a limb.

"Mmh, it is good to teach the young how to survive," Blood said simply and switched his tail. "Boar is a tough hunt."

Fish batted at Demon, careful to keep his claws from catching some place vital. He gave a playful hiss, using his flexible small body to curl about limbs and playfully n**.

sheepcakes

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Spiral thinks a moment, an idea teasing the edge of her mind. "What about hunting the mother, and then keeping the eggs. Maybe even trying to hatch some. A tame alligator could prove useful." she says, falling silent to search her memory. As far as she knew, caiman were the largest reptiles kin had tamed. "It might take a lot of careful planning, and breeding and several generations of successfully tamed gators, but would be well worth the reward."

She nods, boar indeed was tough to hunt, alligators were likely the only things just as hard. Well, perhaps mini bears too. "That's why we only go after boar when many of us can go, and nearly a full hunting pack as well. The badger is really the only one who won't join in, Root is better at hunting game that needs to be dug up." Even as fierce as badgers are, they're a great deal smaller than boar, too easily trampled.

Demon gives a playful growl, each play-n** from Fish results in a returned, and just as careful, n** from the demon hound. Really, his nips are more lip than anything, being so much bigger even a small n** of his teeth might do harm.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:30 pm
"Mmh, has a possibility but the mother will be much harder to hunt and hatching would be a gamble." Blood gave a half shoulder shrug, not discounting it but not something that he would invest in. "Let alone figuring how to tame them." Food but hunting for a alligator would be difficult on top of feeding the group.

"Mmhm, the eagle hounds and cheetah are the ones that hunt. Fish stays with the younglings." Cheetahs were mostly to flush or turn game, positioned in advanced. The Eagle hounds could keep up and did. Fish, well the otter was to small to keep up. "I will mention it to the hunt leader but I don't know if Howlback will consider hatching eggs."

Fish gave a squeak and flopped on his back, legs up and just finished with play, panting and tired.

sheepcakes

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:41 pm

"True. I'll talk to Turtle-Bird. It seems like the kind of thing he'd try. Either way, we should get together for hunts, especially for the harder prey. A bigger group could be more successful." a higher catch rate is always good, and then after there'd also be more to help clean the kills.

"Most of my pack are hunters, Root is really the only one who's specialized. As feisty as he is, his best is being able to dig out rabbit warrens. Especially good in Spring, when there's many in there and babies just born." Young creatures always had the most tender flesh, well worth the extra effort of digging them out. "Just gotta be sure there are enough hunters, kin and animal, to chase down any runners."

Taking the signal, Demon flops down and curls up around the otter, giving Fish a nice spot to nap. No longer needed to babysit, Spectre lay his head on his paws, ready to relax.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:07 pm
"I'll bring the idea of joint hunts to Conquest and Howlback. Knowing Corrosive, she'll likely poke her nose into it as well," Blood admitted knowing the doe was pushy and nosy and probably the closest thing to a healer they had.

"Mmh, rabbits are very tasty. It sounds like a good time all around." Blood shifted and stretched. "Spring and Fall are good seasons for us to meet up, around Summer the group tends to amble down to the sea to see what has come ashore."

Fish yawned and curled up close, willing to use Demon as a pillow.

sheepcakes

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:37 pm

"A trip to the sea may be a nice thing, if you wouldn't mind us tagging along? We'd be sure to pull our weight, I don't tolerate moochers. Especially when there are enough jobs needed done that there's something for every type of kin to help with." Spiral hadn't been to the ocean in a long time, long before she'd had her first clutch. It was high time she righted this wrong.

Seeing their pets doze off, along with Blood's stretch, Spiral realizes just how long they've been here talking. Stifling a yawn, she too, stretches and shifts, cuddling right up to Blood's side, he eyes drooping. "You should come to the Outliers territory, you and your clan. You'd be welcome to join us whenever you want, I bet we could swap many tips about hunting.. and gardening? Sorr has a rather large one." this time she doesn't catch the yawn in time, the action drawing out the last word of her sentence.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:59 pm
"I have no issue but Conquest might. I'll run it by her, though I never doubted that your kin would pull their weight." Blood shifted, debating. "It would actually be intriguing for you to meet her."

Blood shifted, letting his weight gently rest against Spiral. "I'll give them the invitation, and thank you for the offer," he rumbled, and leaned over to give her a gentle nuzzle. "I think it is time for a nap, it is a pleasant day for it."

sheepcakes

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:12 pm

"I won't step where I'm not wanted, so I'll accept her decision. For the sea and the meeting." Spiral yawns again, smaller then the last, and nuzzle into him. "Mhm, wonderful day, and company, for a nap." Her eyes drift shut, Blood's warmth and the afternoon sounds acting as a lullaby.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:48 pm
Blood nestled into Spiral and closed his eyes. "It has been a rather fantastic day," he muttered, relaxing into a relaxed doze.

sheepcakes

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out