[PRP] Laying Waste (Fire in my Skin x Blood of Mine) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Catty led the way, muzzle down as she followed the trail that Fire in my Skin had left in the brush.

Not that Streams of Silver would need it– he'd evidently been tantruming a bit, as there were chunks out of the ground and he'd done deliberate damage to the plants along the way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
She certainly hadn't meant to sound motherly, but perhaps it wasn't a surprise. She tended that way, even before she'd been a mother. She gave an amused smile, but shrugged, "Oh, I can certainly take care of my own lavender, you don't have to help with that." Especially not if he felt so rotten about it -- lavender didn't help if you didn't let it, really.

"Though, if you'd like to, I wouldn't deny help, either..." She had the desire to stick flowers in his hair again, but ignored it for now -- that would probably seem a little much. "I just know that I feel a bit better when I do something when I'm feeling troubled." She explained her thought process to him with a sort of shrug, then dipped down to arrange some of her lavender again and make mental stock of how much more she would need -- not much. She might need to find a large leaf to try and carry it all, however.

She almost suggested that he might know where to find more plums, but stopped as she realized that this could be a dangerous suggestion. She didn't want to imply that he needed to be the one to replace the plums, just that it seemed like an activity that would go towards solving at least one small aspect of the problem at hand. But for some, who already saw the guilty, it might look like he was trying to make up for 'his mistake', which was the opposite of what the situation probably needed.

"Perhaps you could pick some other flowers to bring back for the little ones." There. Slightly safer suggestion, and meant he didn't have to go very far to find something to do. And could, again, salvage some of the destruction of earlier, perhaps. He could hate the idea, but maybe it would spur him into thinking of his own goal.

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:51 am
Contrary to her intentions, that seemed to rile the buck. "The foals? They don't know apples from asses, yet. They won't care about flowers, and I'm not going to try to curry favor when I did nothing wrong and they're saying I stole back my present. No, I'll pick flowers for you.

"Do you want lavender or not?"
the buck demanded, starting to look for a good stand to start picking at.

-~-

At the edge of the clearing, Streams of Silver watched the scene unfold, with Catty firmly behind her. He had someone to talk to– and she didn't seem to be doing too badly in talking him down, either. She'd stay put for now, quiet and out of sight.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:19 am
Or maybe not a safer suggestion. Well, that was fine, she couldn't fault him for not wanting to show any signs of weakness on his part. She was almost inclined to point out that part of bringing flowers to the foals was to begin teaching them 'apples from asses', even if they were young, but that seemed very beside the point.

She could tell that he was already looking for lavender, an amused smile crossing her face. "I would appreciate the help, yes, thank you." It would at least get him moving about and, maybe, easing his mind off of his frustrations. "If you could find some good, long stalks, like these," she nosed at some of those in front of her that she'd salvaged, longer than the ones she was able to slip in her hair, "and make sure that they have enough length at the bottom for me to work with," she indicated the longer stem beneath a few she'd gathered, "that would be perfect." Not all were quite so lucky, but she would find other uses for the ones he'd chopped before the stalk.

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:27 am
Well, that was easy enough for him to do. Fire in my Skin began to pick through the lavender, sorting the bad from the good, when he heard an excited bark.

Streams of Silver silently cursed Catty as the muskie bounded out, hopping over to frolic in the fragrant, ruined clearing. They were playing with flowers! It was time to get nice-smelling.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:45 am
He went straight to work, which seemed to maybe bode well for his mind setting to something else for a while. She was about to turn and gather a few stalks of her own, and possibly begin the hunt for a large leaf, when a bark startled her from the other side of the clearing.

A frankly adorable, grey, fluffy thing was frolicking in the mess of flowers left scattered about the clearing. Blood of Mine chuckled a bit, but kept her distance, not exactly sure where the pup had come from. "Oh, well, who are you?" She looked over at her companion and wondered if perhaps he had some idea, though she wasn't sure why she thought he might. Still, the animal seemed fairly at ease, and she knew it wasn't because she was acquainted with it. It was either a very friendly thing, or it knew something she didn't.

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Catty was glad for the attention! The muskie barked excitedly, rolling on her belly, tail wagging, as she tried to encourage the doe to come play with her! She was a good girl, yes! She was fun to play with!

"Ugh, Catty. Ugh, mom," the buck's voice was clearly disgusted. "How long have you been watching?"

"Not long at all," Streams of Silver replied, stepping forward out of the brush. "I came to convey an apology for Venturous, and for everyone else."

"Yeah? Well, I'm waiting."

The doe sighed slightly, stepping closer as she went. She stepped over a rather large hunk of dirt, and around one of the larger piles of dead plant before continuing calmly. She didn't much care if she was overheard, but this was the sort of thing that was meant to be said, not called across the breadth of a field.

"She was wrong. We were wrong, and we're all sorry for having upset you. The shell got moved by accident and was flipped. Vens said she didn't mean anything by mentioning you. If you'd like to come back–"

"I wouldn't. I'll come back when I feel like it. For now, I'm going to help–" He didn't even know her name, uh, uhh– "This lovely beam of sunlight with her work." So there.

Streams of Silver turned to face the white doe, an inquiring expression on her face– was the stranger okay with this? Now was the time to protest if she didn't want his company– though it would likely mean forgoing any chance to get to know him better in the future.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:23 pm
Catty was adorable, and Blood of Mine would have been more than happy to oblige the pup in another situation. As it was, she was fairly startled to hear her new acquaintance refer to the doe that followed as his mother, and she quietly turned in an attempt to give them some small semblance of privacy. Of course, she couldn't help but overhear the conversation, but she would try to not involve herself in the situation more than necessary.

At least it seemed that things were being properly settled. The plums had been found, it sounded like, and while it would probably take more apologies once he rejoined his family, it was certainly nice that his mother had sought him out to convey sentiments now. He was still rather snippy, but hopefully he would cool in enough time.

She flushed a bit, realizing they hadn't introduced themselves yet, and was about to offer her name when he glided over it with a compliment instead. It was a bit silly, but very cute, she had to admit. She didn't mind being called a beam of sunlight at all.

Though the pause in conversation made her turn, and she realized that the silvery doe was watching her. She offered a smile, "He has been quite helpful so far," she glanced at the pile she'd accumulated at her feet, even if it consisted of the flowers he'd destroyed rather than the ones he'd been choosing with her guidance since his actual offer of help. She almost felt inclined to add that she would try to make sure he got home before dark, but that was exceptionally silly, and he'd surely be upset by it.

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:04 pm
The silvery doe watched the interaction between the two as they shared a look, then took the paler doe's comment with a quiet hum of acknowledgement. She stepped forward and dipped her head respectfully.

"Very well, then," she said quietly, nodding her approval of this course of action– she couldn't see any harm in him having the time to cool down, especially not with the company of a doe that seemed so competent at tempering his... well, his temper.. "I'll convey that to the family– You're welcome to come back whenever you feel like it, Fire."

"Of course, mom. I'm not leaving forever, or anything," Fire in my Skin retorted, scuffing a hoof a little self-consciously.

"Of course not. You've just found better company for the time being– and I wouldn't dream of asking you to come back with me. Be sure to invite her to our lands later-on," she added quietly, flicking her tail to playfully swat his side, before walking towards her errant muskwolf.

"Catty, come." The dog obediently trotted to her side, and she started to step off. "I'll leave you two to it, then. Have a good evening."

Fire in my Skin watched his grandmother and her muskie disappear into the bushes before he turned to face his companion.

"So, uh. What's your name, anyways?"

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces