Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Run for it! (Threads x Guardian) [Fin] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:26 am
As the rock rolls down the side of their perch, Thunder smirks when the wolves jump back a little, seeming a bit more wary than before

"Ha.. you may be right about that,"
he hoped it would be enough, but if nothing else it would hopefully give them the advantage if the wolves did decide to press the attack anyway.

When the other kin leans close to clean his cut, though, Thunder feels himself flush and hopes the low light covers his reaction. "Ah... thanks," he chuckles softly, and then nods. "Yeah, me too. These wolves will have a harder time bringing us both down, that's for sure."

That said, he kicks another rock down the mound toward a wold that's starting to get too close. It hits it hard enough to send it skittering back with a whimper, though it doesn't appear to truly be hurt. A small part of him really doesn't want to have to kill or seriously hurt any of them, but if it comes down to it, he'll do what he has to to protect himself and his companion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:40 am
"I'm sure the two of us can manage to fend off those wolves and..." she paused as she saw one clambering up the side, slipping and sliding and losing ground but making the ascent none the less.

Swearing softly under her breath she didn't hesitate to act, and as the wolf climbed up, and got close enough she shifted around and kicked at it with a back leg sending it crashing back down to the ground where it landed hard. She watched as it lay still a moment, then limped off some, the other wolves backing off a little at that.

Maybe, just maybe, they'd scare them off before long. It was a heartening feeling as she watched them warily circle the rock then. At least she'd made them think twice!  

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:57 am
The wolves were certainly determined, but Thunder felt even more so. He was not about to become some wolf's dinner tonight -- he could only imagine what his family would think of that!

"Nice kick," Thunder said with no small amount of approval. The wolves were becoming more wary, likely finding them to be tougher targets than they were hoping for. Other creatures, after all, weren't as intelligent or difficult to take down as a pair of kimeti. Outnumbered or not.

Thunder wastes no time in pulling his own weight though, either, and smacks another wolf down with a powerful swipe of his tail. The wolf cries out as the sharp spines dig in, and he watches as it, too, limps away. The others eye them, growling a little, but don't seem as threatening as before.

After a moment, the buck turns to his companion, a small smirk in place. "What do you say we show these guys what we're made of? I don't think they'll stand up to a full out assault not that we've taken care of two of their mates."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:11 am
Guardian gave a soft chuckle at his words, agreeing that it was time to show the wolves it wasn't smart to mess with them.

It wasn't hard to aim the rocks with more precision at the four remaining wolves, in fact her first one managed to hit one in the face, and she watched a gash form and it start to bleed. One less there too.

Having Thunder there really helped, his tail alone was great at keeping the wolves away!

In fact chasing them off seemed to go a lot faster than she thought it might, and before long she realized the wolves were gone, and they were alone there.

Exhaling softly, she gently rested against him. "I think we're safe now."  

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:26 am
With the last of the wolves turning tail and running, Thunder let out a breath of his own, smiling faintly as the doe pressed against him. The feel of her weight was somehow reassuring, and he leaned back into her slightly as well, offering his own comfort.

"I think so. Though we should probably find somewhere safe to spend the night in case they decide to come back later..."

"Do you have a place nearby? If not, I know of one... there may be some berries nearby, too, if you're hungry. Not as good as the meat from a fresh hunt, perhaps, but... well, better than nothing. We can always try again in the morning."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:35 am
She stayed pressed against him a few moments longer, it was nice and comforting resting against him, though she shifted to carefully clean the blood from his face again.

"I don't. I'm unfamiliar with the entire area honestly. So you lead the way to the safe place we can stay the night. As for berries, those are plenty fine it won't be the first time I've had to eat those instead, and likely not the last." Carefully she picked her way down off the rocks, and waited on him to join her, so they could seek shelter for the night.  

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:44 am
With the fight over, Thunder feels the peace of the night returned -- though he's also more tired than he expected to be. He gives the doe a small smile in thanks for her attention to his cut, and then joins her on flat ground once more.

"It's not far. I'll take a look at that tail once we're there, too."

They walk for a ways, crossing over a stream, and then head up a slight rise before Thunder pushes some vines away, pulling them with his teeth until he reveals a smallish sort of cave, if it could be called that. The overhang and wall are made of one large stone, as if it was hollowed out ages ago, and the earth is smooth and clean, protected from the elements by the vines in front.

Thunder then turns to look at her tail. It's bleeding, alright, but slowly, and though there are clearly a few places where teeth punctured the flesh, it looks like it won't be long in healing. He cleans it up, as she had with his face.

"Looks like it should feel better by morning. The berry trees are up just a bit further, if you like, though to be honest after all that I think I'm more tired than hungry."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:51 am
It was easy enough to follow behind him, and the stream provided a moment for her tail to be dipped into the water to clean it up a little that way before they got to their final destination.

"Oh that's smart." the vines over the opening were a good idea. She wouldn't have known to look for them. There was a thanks as he cleaned her tail the rest of the way and she gave a low, tired laugh. "I'm with you, I think sleep is more important than food right now. We can worry about eating come morning."

She stepped in, mindful she wouldn't hit her head, and moved to one side, and laid down with a tired sigh. "At least the cave is small enough the two of us should keep it plenty warm, and shared body heat and all. This is cozy." she looked up at him with a smile. "I'll look at your cut again in the light, but I think it'll be okay."  

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 am
Thunder waits for her to settle before going in after, and settles in at her side. It's a cozy fit, for sure, but it's not cramped, and the weather is cool enough that the extra body heat is more than welcome.

"Thanks, though I think it will be fine. It hardly even hurts much anymore,"
and face wounds always seemed to bleed more than anything else, anyway. At least it wasn't bleeding openly anymore.

"I know you said it earlier but.... I am glad to have run into you. Things could have gone differently for either of us if we hadn't been together," he smiles a little, and then yawns and chuckles softly. "..Goodnight, Guardian. I look forward to tomorrow."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:04 pm
"I'm glad it doesn't hurt much anymore. Neither does my tail really. I think the cold stream helped some with that." a low chuckle as she settled a little closer, her head coming to rest against him as she yawned tiredly, eyes falling shut.

"Probably wouldn't have gone so well if we'd been alone. Goodnight Thunder." words trailed off as she fell asleep curled up close to him.  

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas