Just some of my Favorites. heart
#themoreyouknow  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:27 am
Johnny HellKat
narxfang
Johnny HellKat
narxfang
Johnny HellKat
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have a love/hate relationship with the work of friedrich nietzsche. Some of his stuff is total bullcrap, and some of it is very wise. Do you have a favorite philosopher? Mine would probably be John Locke.

I love Nietzsche, but I think my favorite would have to be Hegel.
Never heard of him! (*quickly wikipedia's him*). What do you like most about him?

With John Locke, I like his philosophical justification for revolting. He had a great way of thinking about citizen rights, and government philosophy in general.

Ironically, i like Hegel for his "master-slave dialectic", dealing with Independent and Dependent Self-Consciousness.

Was he in favor of slavery or against? very interesting. Question do you think any form of slavery is okay? (Obviously if there was, it would look nothing like American slavery which is utterly terrible).  

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:21 pm
narxfang
Johnny HellKat
narxfang
Johnny HellKat
narxfang
Johnny HellKat

I have a love/hate relationship with the work of friedrich nietzsche. Some of his stuff is total bullcrap, and some of it is very wise. Do you have a favorite philosopher? Mine would probably be John Locke.

Never heard of him! (*quickly wikipedia's him*). What do you like most about him?

With John Locke, I like his philosophical justification for revolting. He had a great way of thinking about citizen rights, and government philosophy in general.

Ironically, i like Hegel for his "master-slave dialectic", dealing with Independent and Dependent Self-Consciousness.

Was he in favor of slavery or against? very interesting. Question do you think any form of slavery is okay? (Obviously if there was, it would look nothing like American slavery which is utterly terrible).

Um...im not sure? But Id assume he wasnt?
The dialectic isnt about literal slavery. Its about dealing with Independent and Dependent Self-Consciousness. Two forms of mind and how most allow one to overrule because the brain/thinking program is following a Dom/Sub decision process.

As for me, No. I do not believe slavery of any creature in any form is justifiable.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:45 pm
Johnny HellKat
narxfang
Johnny HellKat
narxfang
Johnny HellKat

The dialectic isnt about literal slavery. Its about dealing with Independent and Dependent Self-Consciousness. Two forms of mind and how most allow one to overrule because the brain/thinking program is following a Dom/Sub decision process.

As for me, No. I do not believe slavery of any creature in any form is justifiable.

Interesting indeed. That is cool stuff.

So you are also against animal slavery I figure?  

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:46 pm
narxfang
Johnny HellKat
narxfang
Johnny HellKat
narxfang
Johnny HellKat

Interesting indeed. That is cool stuff.

So you are also against animal slavery I figure?

Yes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:09 pm
Destruction is essential to growth; yet the very word itself seems to evoke negativity and sometimes even pain. This is an unfortunate misunderstanding. Destruction is a process, just as creation is. We can use any number of terms to make "destruction" more acceptable, but why? We wouldn't build a new house on top of one that was crumbling from age and decay. It's as simple as that. So, think in terms of symmetry with regard to "destruction and creation".  

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:31 pm
To most people Rationalism and mathematics seem like boring and uninspiring subjects; if only they had the eyes to see. Proper understanding of these subjects guarantee the most wonderful and unimaginable things possible. It guarantees that you are a Mind with infinite potential and growth. It guarantees “occult” phenomena like extra sensory perception, and communication across vast distances with only the Mind. It confirms that you are immortal and cannot die.
These sorts of phenomena are experimented with in many occult and esoteric circles; however, these circles lack the knowledge and understanding of why that is so and not otherwise. In addition, a majority of these individuals are con artists. From a Rationalist perspective, it is essential to understand the inner workings of these sorts of phenomena first and foremost. Rationalists want to build a steady and secure foundation of absolute immutable certainty. It can be compared to the simple allegory of building a house. The house must first have a proper blueprint, one that is guaranteed to work. Next, it is to be built on the most steady and secure of grounds with a solid foundation otherwise the house is subject to destruction over time.
This approach can be applied to intuition. You can have an intuition that your Mind will not die, but intuition alone doesn’t explain why that is true. And if you don’t know why your Mind is immortal, how can you even begin to explain to someone else why that is so? The simple fact is you can’t (at least not in a convincing way). Rationalists don’t like “fuzzy” descriptions, or a “fuzzy” understanding of something. They want to know, really know.
If this doesn’t sound appealing, or resonate with you, then it is best to turn back now and find something that does. For all those with a voracious appetite for knowledge and understanding, welcome. You will find here all that you wish to know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:33 pm
Intuition is indispensable for unlocking the secrets of the cosmos. It has the ability to cut straight through to the core of any matter without having to follow any analytical steps. A sufficiently developed and powerful intuition can peer into just about anything and understand it instantly. That, however, is the ability of very advanced Minds.

The issue with intuition is this: if it’s not wedded to reason, it can take one to all sorts of irrational and bizarre places. There are many intuitive minds that have caught glimpses of what the world is like beyond the sensory domain but are taken to absurd and unrealistic fantasies that have no grounding in reality and can be properly deemed insane. Pure intuition is like having a super powerful engine that has the ability to go to infinite places with an infinite supply of energy. Reason should be treated as the guiding force of this powerful engine.

In Plato’s dialogue the Phaedrus, Plato introduces the allegory of The Chariot. In this allegory, there is the Charioteer who represents the guiding force of reason, along with two winged horses, one white and one black. The white horse is noble and virtuous and is ready and willing to soar up to the highest heights to the realm of Forms. The other horse, however, is uncooperative and unpredictable. If it isn’t controlled properly, it can cause the entire chariot to fall back down into the sensory domain of generation.

Think of intuition as the Chariot. It can take one up to the highest heights imaginable; however, if it isn’t properly controlled it can lead one into delusion and even insanity. So, learn to train and take control of this powerful vehicle because with it, there are no heights too high and no depths too deep.

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:42 pm
We need not be embarrassed, or ashamed, in pursuing our intellectual interests.

Materialism plagues our society and holds value over intellect. From the constructed celebrity characters are seen on the screen, commercials, youtube fashion and makeup bloggers, and 'eco-friendly' corporations. These material forces build a society where intellect is pushed aside, for profit.
We are becoming intellectual barbarians.
What standards are we creating for the youth? What minds are constructed when science and reason have no place in modern pop culture?

An epidemic of consumerism, narcissism, and arrogance have infected humanity. Adolescents in our society have the impression that fame is obtainable through self-centered acts and purchases. With the use of Instagram, snap chat, youtube and facebook, an influx of persona centred around material wealth has swept the internet, creating the illusion one is only valuable through wealth. Media focuses on imbeciles, charlatans, and liars, and asks us to regard them as role-models.
We need more scientists, mathematicians, philosophers, and psychologists. We need exactly zero Kim Kardashians and Kanye Wests.
Its time to create an intellectual movement.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:43 pm
For most of the history of Homo Sapiens, we lived alongside different species of human, at one point up to six different kinds of proto-human. So, historically, it is truly an anomaly to be the only current species of human left on earth. At least, that’s what we’re told. What if, however, we are living with a different species right under our noses?
Homo Sapien is Latin for “wise man” (as if the human species itself was ever wise!) For the most part, all the human race has ever done is fall into one blunder after another blindly striving after whatever lie is in fashion at the moment. If that is what wisdom is, then we are truly lost. Luckily, that is not the case. The coming species of humanity is still in its gestation phase, the tiny embers being fanned by a small minority of people. If you have found this Order and agree with its sentiments, then you are in the minority of the new humanity. Thousands of years from now, humans will consider our behavior primitive, just as we look back at stone-age civilizations.
The new species of human will take the reins of its evolution and will be damned if it has to bow to fate. As Carl Jung once said, “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.” Homo Sapiens are outdated; it’s time for Homo Absolutus, the self-revolving wheel, evolving upward toward perfection.

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

CosmicTomato

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:56 pm
48.)symbols

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff