Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I'm Going to Make a Thread Too~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Novii Poll
  Is typically not creative.
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:25 pm
DarkMoonSlayer
Citrus Novii
DarkMoonSlayer
We had an awful ice storm a week or so ago and it sucked.

ICE STOOOORRRRRRMMMMMMMMSSSSS.
I hope you and your mom were warm and toasty inside at least, y'all didn't lose power did you? :<
We were warm... maybe not toasty. The power never went out here. But the ice was thicker than the glass on my car windows xD

/horrified

I don't know how I am going to deal with snow and ice when I move north. ;-;
I AM FRIGHTENED.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:28 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Citrus Novii
But tea is so wonderful D:

I know for me it was right around 2014, because that was when my Uncle's daughter was born and I flaked on meeting a couple of internet friends because s**t WAS HITTING THE FAN. I'd like everyone to be more regular, but it's so hard these days. Real life mang.

YOU'RE NOT EVEN OLD YET GOLDIE. SHUT UP.

It has been AWFUL not having internet. Especially paying bills (or not, depending lol)

I REMEMBER YOUR NOVEL. I still really want to read it. :3

HOLY CRAP TEKTEK IS GONE. I HAD NO IDEA. WHAT HAPPENED?
Could research.
Won't though because I'm supposed to be cleaning cutting boards right now.

I dunno, I've always just preferred cocoa and soda to tea or coffee. Though I do prefer tea to coffee. Either one has to be sweetened far more than reasonable for me to like it though.

Real life may be real, but it shouldn't keep me from dropping in at least once a week or something. There's no way I should be THAT busy.

THEN WHY DO I FEEL SO OLD? crying

I could send you the novel draft if you want. Still got some tweaking to do, and I need to send it off to an editor for legit tearing to shreds, but you could look at what I have now. I could message you a link or something.

No idea what happened to TekTek or when it happened. Still sad though...I never would have designed the outfit I have no without it.

Sagebomb
Yeah thats cool, life happens, and I can be a pretty scary dude.....(not really, *quickly hides in the corner of the room*). But I am definitly happy I have met Blue (3 times), Gkun (2 times), Gold and GPL.

Gotta up that guild meet count! Who all have I met? I met Tangela once briefly...you, of course for several days. Ginhi I've met literally a thousand times. God, seriously, how many times has it been now? I think like eleven different visits over the last seven or so years? I tried meeting DMS one of the times I visited my mom for Christmas, but that fell through.

Oh you're one of THOSE people.
I like my tea the way I like my men, unsweet and spiced with bergamot. dramallama OHHOIAMJUSTSOCLEVERANDFUNNYright?YEPTHAT'SME

AGE IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD.
And your knees.

YOU SO SHOULD SEND THE DRAFt.
MORE CAPS.
LET GO OF THE CAPS LOCK.
NOT GONNA fIX IT THOUGH.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:29 pm
Citrus Novii

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez.
I'm impressed though, I guess if you're determined enough you just sort of get it done?

I don't know why I didn't talk to anyone. I guess I was embarrassed on some level, but I was also just so ANGRY. I'm not exactly an angry person, and I was just so pissed off that entire year. If I could do it again, I'd probably reach out instead of just bottling it up, especially since you've given me some pretty solid advice in the past. You don't need to apologize, I'm just silly and don't like to ask for help :P

The great thing about hardship is it doesnt allow for failure. Your only option is to find a way through. But once you get through it, you now know your strength, and what you can do. Then if you apply those skills to better times as well, things like saving money will become a lot easier. Or deciding to try something new you might have been intimidated to try beforehand.

Thats cool, as much as I like to listen and possibly help where I can. I never really open up about myself. Things like this... where I share my "motivation" (or like my intro vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuaM6oJB0QE ). Is one way I have tried to make myself more open and honest about things. But its still hard, I am extremly unlikely to ask for help even where I really need it. But I am trying to get better ^_^. I totally understand hiding emotions and feelings away, for various reasons. But as long as we are learning from it, and trying to get better thats what matters, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:28 am
Citrus Novii
/horrified

I don't know how I am going to deal with snow and ice when I move north. ;-;
I AM FRIGHTENED.
Just get a car with 4 wheel drive and be careful xD

User Image

No winter here nope.  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:23 pm
Sagebomb
I definitely want to do the same...

Hmm, prehaps if I can find someone whos up for a road trip and willing to split some costs...

Although this year I am still thinking more about seeing more Asia, or maybe some South America.

I super wish I could go to Asia. Japan mostly, though South Korea would be nice too. I've heard people say good things about Thailand, but don't know a whole lot about that. Maybe if I save up enough I can do something crazy like that next year O_O

Citrus Novii
I like my tea the way I like my men, unsweet and spiced with bergamot. dramallama OHHOIAMJUSTSOCLEVERANDFUNNYright?YEPTHAT'SME

AGE IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD.
And your knees.

MORE CAPS.
LET GO OF THE CAPS LOCK.
NOT GONNA fIX IT THOUGH.

Not sure what bergamot is. Is that a thing? My spellcheck doesn't seem to think so.

AGE IS ALSO THE NUMBER OF TIMES THE EARTH HAS REVOLVED AROUND THE SUN SINCE YOU WERE BORN D:

I SHALL PM YOU A LINK TO THE MORE OR LESS REVISED VERSION EVEN THOUGH I STILL NEED TO DO A TAD BIT MORE REVISING IN PLACES. MEBBE YOU CAN LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND STUFF.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:42 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

I super wish I could go to Asia. Japan mostly, though South Korea would be nice too. I've heard people say good things about Thailand, but don't know a whole lot about that. Maybe if I save up enough I can do something crazy like that next year O_O

There are so many places I want to go. Yeah saving is defintly key.

Japan, I would like to go to Iriomote-jima, maybe a couple other places, but japans not really high on my list (Partially because of costs really). South Korea I am considering but still need to do more research, but at least I have a few connections there.

Thailand was awesome. I avoided the south because thats the crazy party place filled with stupid tourists...and people who cash in on that. But I love the north. Not sure where I am going this winter, until my boss gives me a end date, Im not too sure about specific planning really.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:16 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Sagebomb
I definitely want to do the same...

Hmm, prehaps if I can find someone whos up for a road trip and willing to split some costs...

Although this year I am still thinking more about seeing more Asia, or maybe some South America.

Citrus Novii

AGE IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD.
And your knees.

MORE CAPS.
LET GO OF THE CAPS LOCK.
NOT GONNA fIX IT THOUGH.

Not sure what bergamot is. Is that a thing? My spellcheck doesn't seem to think so.

AGE IS ALSO THE NUMBER OF TIMES THE EARTH HAS REVOLVED AROUND THE SUN SINCE YOU WERE BORN D:

I SHALL PM YOU A LINK TO THE MORE OR LESS REVISED VERSION EVEN THOUGH I STILL NEED TO DO A TAD BIT MORE REVISING IN PLACES. MEBBE YOU CAN LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND STUFF.

It is a type of CITRUS here is a link to wikipedia! it is easily tasted in earl grey tea. Very pleasant. It just smells SO GOOD.

THANK YOU FOR THE LINK. I WILL READ IT WHEN I FINISH MY CURRENT BOOK. Almost done, just two chapters left now.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:17 am
Hi all. Long time no talk ^_^;;;

Things are going here with me. Almost done with my MS, so ya'll can officially call me a librarian soon. Work is pretty alright, got promoted last fall after my incompetent boss left. Lots to do, not enough time! Boyfriend and I are looking to buy a house here; tired of paying rent, tired of the ******** downstairs who are actually a human cesspool, tired of ineffective landlord.

I think a guild meetup would be pretty coo (someday in the future). I think I suggested meeting up at a con back in the day. Goldie and I still volunteer at Otakon...so ya'll should just show up in DC and we can be chill bros.

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:15 pm
Sagebomb
There are so many places I want to go. Yeah saving is defintly key.

Japan, I would like to go to Iriomote-jima, maybe a couple other places, but japans not really high on my list (Partially because of costs really). South Korea I am considering but still need to do more research, but at least I have a few connections there.

Thailand was awesome. I avoided the south because thats the crazy party place filled with stupid tourists...and people who cash in on that. But I love the north. Not sure where I am going this winter, until my boss gives me a end date, Im not too sure about specific planning really.

You have connections in South Korea? Well, I mean, I guess I technically do too, but I'd feel weird bugging them...is wanting to be a stupid tourist a bad thing though? <.< >.>

Citrus Novii
It is a type of CITRUS here is a link to wikipedia! it is easily tasted in earl grey tea. Very pleasant. It just smells SO GOOD.

THANK YOU FOR THE LINK. I WILL READ IT WHEN I FINISH MY CURRENT BOOK. Almost done, just two chapters left now.

Waaaaaait a second... e_e

Why is that "orange" green? I am suspicious!

YOU ARE WELCOME FOR THE LINK! DON'T WORRY ABOUT FINISHING IT SUPER FAST. LITERALLY THE ONLY PERSON I'VE GIVEN IT TO WHO'S GOTTEN THROUGH ALL OF IT IS GINHI.

Ginhi~kun
Hi all. Long time no talk ^_^;;;

Things are going here with me. Almost done with my MS, so ya'll can officially call me a librarian soon. Work is pretty alright, got promoted last fall after my incompetent boss left. Lots to do, not enough time! Boyfriend and I are looking to buy a house here; tired of paying rent, tired of the ******** downstairs who are actually a human cesspool, tired of ineffective landlord.

I think a guild meetup would be pretty coo (someday in the future). I think I suggested meeting up at a con back in the day. Goldie and I still volunteer at Otakon...so ya'll should just show up in DC and we can be chill bros.

I fixed your colors :D  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:17 pm
Ginhi~kun

Is that around August? I am trying to think when I will next be over. I should aim to visit dani again and see her kid at some point. My Ranger contracts are usually Octish to Mayish.

So Aug could fit in my calendar. I definitly aim to travel overseas again this year, but I havent really figured where yet. I am waiting for a confirmation of my contract end date so I can calculate how much money I can afford to blow, which will affect how long I can afford to spend in particular countries, which will come into the calculation.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:42 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

You have connections in South Korea? Well, I mean, I guess I technically do too, but I'd feel weird bugging them...is wanting to be a stupid tourist a bad thing though? <.< >.>

You know that camp I worked at in California?

Did I ever tell you it was basically a secret front, for the Korean Evangelical Baptist Church?

You know, the one with the mass suicide pact in the 80s which developed more from said doomsday cult into a even bigger corperation responsible for the biggest ferry deaths in Korea. Yep, the Highland Springs I worked at was thier highland springs

We didnt know what it was when working there, but put it togather afterwards. But anyways, whilst we were running the outdoor education thing during the week, on sundays we had to "keep away" from the main camp area because of thier "meetings".

But at the same time there were 5 "interns" from korea to help with the camp and help out us teachers. They worked crazy insane hours, with little breaks. (Even compared to us who were working most the time, at least we got weekends off, they didnt).

I cant find what it was called, but I did find something years ago were followers are encouraged to devote like 3 months or something to hard work and sacrifice as it...dunno gets them closer to god? Aka basically when you break you will see god or something?

Dunno, either way those five interns were pretty awesome.

Anyway one of the five, I still comment now and again on his FB messages/pics and him mine. And he works at National institute of ecology for with biology being my passion, he may have good connections for me to see stuff there ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:36 am
GoldDiggingWhore

I fixed your colors :D

Nobody asked you PATRICE! twisted  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:40 am
Sagebomb
Ginhi~kun

Is that around August? I am trying to think when I will next be over. I should aim to visit dani again and see her kid at some point. My Ranger contracts are usually Octish to Mayish.
So Aug could fit in my calendar. I definitly aim to travel overseas again this year, but I havent really figured where yet. I am waiting for a confirmation of my contract end date so I can calculate how much money I can afford to blow, which will affect how long I can afford to spend in particular countries, which will come into the calculation.

Yes - it's typically late July/early August. You're always welcome in our home. Our apartment is upgraded in size, and we have two fur babbies who would love to meet their Uncle Sage. Though probably by the time you're back again we'll have a real person house and you can sleep on a bed. blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:55 pm
Sagebomb
You know that camp I worked at in California?

Did I ever tell you it was basically a secret front, for the Korean Evangelical Baptist Church?

You know, the one with the mass suicide pact in the 80s which developed more from said doomsday cult into a even bigger corperation responsible for the biggest ferry deaths in Korea. Yep, the Highland Springs I worked at was thier highland springs

We didnt know what it was when working there, but put it togather afterwards. But anyways, whilst we were running the outdoor education thing during the week, on sundays we had to "keep away" from the main camp area because of thier "meetings".

But at the same time there were 5 "interns" from korea to help with the camp and help out us teachers. They worked crazy insane hours, with little breaks. (Even compared to us who were working most the time, at least we got weekends off, they didnt).

I cant find what it was called, but I did find something years ago were followers are encouraged to devote like 3 months or something to hard work and sacrifice as it...dunno gets them closer to god? Aka basically when you break you will see god or something?

Dunno, either way those five interns were pretty awesome.

Anyway one of the five, I still comment now and again on his FB messages/pics and him mine. And he works at National institute of ecology for with biology being my passion, he may have good connections for me to see stuff there ^_^

I vaguely remember this camp you worked at. Very vaguely. And I had NO idea about any of that culty stuff O_O But that's cool that you made a pal there! That does indeed sound like a pretty rad connection. I hope you get to go there in the not distant future :D

Ginhi~kun
Nobody asked you PATRICE! twisted

I anticipated your needs, much like Sakamoto.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:04 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

I vaguely remember this camp you worked at. Very vaguely. And I had NO idea about any of that culty stuff O_O But that's cool that you made a pal there! That does indeed sound like a pretty rad connection. I hope you get to go there in the not distant future :D

Yeah, lots of that information I slowly figured out over the following years. Did explain a lot of the weird going ons there though.

Yeah, would be pretty cool.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces