[FIN] Pardon My French Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:36 pm
“And that is the alphabet.” Andre concluded, turning the paper he had been writing on towards his students. The alphabet with the phonetic spelling was neatly written on the lined paper for them to look at in case they missed something. “Do you have any questions?” He asked as he stretched his arms above his head.

Zacharie, still hunched over his own papers, reached blindly for the paper that Andre had presented and dragged it closer. His pale gaze darted between his own notes and Andre’s to ascertain he had everything correct before he started scribbling down more, barely legible notes. “Hold on…” He grunted, eyebrows furrowed before he began to silently mouth something.

“Rosie?” Andre turned his attention to the blonde, “Is it making sense so far?”  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 pm
Rosie herself had been muttering lightly under her breath as she looked through her own notes, trying to get a handle on this new pattern and sounds. She had never really learned a new language before, not in a school like setting, and what little she had taken before she took the pokemon program wasn’t prominent enough to help her. She was confident enough in the fact that she had learned little sayings and tidbits in french before this, so she would just have to do her best!

When Andre spoke her name she looked up quickly, widening her eyes and nodding “Yeah, I think I understand it so far. It’ll just take some practice.” the trainer answered, then looking over at Zacharie who was concentrating himself. Catching sight of his messy notes, she blinked, he must be able to read his own writing, because she wasn’t sure what he had on that paper.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 pm
Andre nodded as he absently twirled his pen between his fingers. “Practice makes perfect.” He hummed lightly, turning his attention to Zacharie’s hunched over form as well. “I think next time I’ll start teaching you basic words so you can continue to practice pronunciation and then we’ll start with grammar.”

Louis leaned over slightly to point at something on the younger Dubois’ page. “Here,” He said softly, waiting until Zacharie looked up curiously to continue. “You have it written as a short vowel, it’s a long vowel with a short stop.” He demonstrated the sound twice before prompting Zacharie to do the same. The purple-haired youth repeated a few times before nodding and fixing the mistake on his paper. “Thank you, Louis. That would have been very confusing later on.”  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:38 pm
Rosie didn't feel like she had any questions. At least not yet, it would be hard to think of something to ask when she didn't even know.
She let out a soft sigh, looking over her notes once more and realizing that… she felt better, she felt calmer, like a little weight was lifted off of her chest.
This would be good for her, doing something normal for a change. She owed Andre a lot.

“What kind of exercises do you want us to do until the next lesson?” She asked. Sitting up a little straighter and bringing her tea cup to her lips.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:39 pm
Andre reached for his own tea as he mulled over Rosie’s question and cradled the mug between both hands. “Practice singing the alphabet, repeat vowels, focus on your tone.” He instructed before taking a sip on the still steaming liquid. “If you feel comfortable moving on before the next lesson practice pronouncing some words from a French dictionary.” The information broker turned to look at his little brother. “Do you have someone that you can practice with while you’re away working, Zacharie?”

Said boy looked up and cocked his head. “I can always call if I have questions.” He shrugged and Andre huffed a soft laugh. “Rosie seems to have a bit of an advantage then. She’s got her husband and she could practice with Northern.” The older man paused thoughtfully, the corners of his mouth twitching downward. “Unless she’s decided to move on? I haven’t seen her since your wedding...which is a shame because she’s simply darling.”  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:40 pm
A smile spread across Rosie’s lips, singing the alphabet sounded fun,it tickled her a little that she was starting where a child would, like she was relearning something she learned back when she was just a child.
“I can do that. I’ve learned a few words, so I’ll just pick up where I can.”
She would have to ask Luke to see if he would be willing to help her out from time to time. Northern on the other hand didn’t occur to her… perhaps Northern too would like to learn how to understand and ‘speak’ french.

Upon being asked about the Jirachi, Rosie smiled and shook her head “Oh no no, She’s still with us. She hasn’t really indicated that she wants to be somewhere else.” she confirmed “She’s had a lot of trouble adapting to lots of different things, like everyday living, and understanding people. But she’s been doing really really well, and seems like she’s really happy. I should see if she wants to come next time. Maybe she would like to understand French too~ If that’s okay with you Andre?”  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:40 pm
Andre smiled, “I'm glad she's doing well.” He wondered how the Jirachi viewed the everyday things that humans had to do. If she thought those were things she should do as well. “I'd love for her to come visit!” He said brightly, setting his mug down so he could clap his hands together. “The more the merrier, right Louis?”

The blond smiled softly and nodded, “I'd like to meet her.” He added, to which Andre laughed. “I think you'd get along. She's quite agreeable. I'm glad that she's happy with you and Luke.”  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:42 pm
“I’ll ask if she wants to come next time then~” Rosie concluded, looking between Andre to Louis “She has an interesting way of communicating with people, she’s only just gotten used to talking to people. She’s empathic, so if she comes off as a little dismissive, don’t take it personally, she’s just getting a feel for you in her own unique way.”

She gave Louis a smile “I think she would be happy to meet you to. And to see Andre and Zacharie again.”  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:54 pm
"It'd be nice to see her again." Zacharie said, finally sitting up from his hunched over position so he could run a hand through his hair. He wished he could bring Wisteria to meet the other Jirachi...but he didn't know if he could really explain how he came to have a cloned pokemon. "Were we planning to meet the same time next week?" He tidied his notes up and set them aside before reaching for a scone.

Andre hummed lightly around the rim of his mug, "Sounds like a date to me~"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces