Welcome to Gaia! ::

DC Worldwide

Back to Guilds

When new threats rise, the planet will need heroes worldwide to save the day. 

Tags: Justice League, Teen Titans, Superheroes, Supervillains, DC Comics 

Reply ▪ » Gotham City
The Demon's Revenge (October 28, 2016) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trainer Noir

Dangerous Wife

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:21 pm
Having hacked into various security cameras across Gotham, the Riddler was able to monitor the Dark Knight's progression throughout the City. Using his superior intellect and puzzle solving prowess, Nygma had determined exactly the routes Batman would take to transport himself from destination to destination. His grin further widened as the dozens of images reflected off his purple-lensed sunglasses. Things were progressing even more fortunately than he had imagined they could.

Nygma watched the Batmobile zoom across the streets of Gotham, and brought a purple gloved finger to the earpiece on his right ear. "Alright pussycat, it's now or never. The Bat is on his way to the rendezvous. Keep him distracted while my men take the loot. We'll discuss your cut when you come back... While we're at it, Riddle me this! What do a million dollars and a million male deer have in common?"

Nygma didn't entirely trust the woman on the other end of the line, but she was also the best in business for breaking and entering job. She'd serve her purpose, he knew that much. He had ensured to set up this plot when the most opportune moment had arrived. Various cat inspired artifacts were on display at the museum this week, and he knew that a certain peer of his wouldn't miss the opportunity to claim some of these artifacts for herself.

DC Catwoman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:32 pm
“Either way, it’s a lot of bucks.” Catwoman shrugged flippantly in the middle of the 2nd floor of the Gotham Historical Museum, took her earpiece out and crushed it under her heel. She pulled her goggles up onto her brow. Wisps of black hair peeked from beneath them. Down on the first floor, she’d allowed the Riddler’s goons entrance to ransack the less important features of ancient history. All, of course, on the condition that they were not to touch anything in the main second-floor exhibit. She was going to decide what her cut was tonight, end of story.
This was the prize she’d been waiting for for months, checking and checking again through the curator’s hacked email account. It was right in front of her now; The exhibit that had been the final straw in urging her unlikely alliance with the Riddler, “Ancient Egypt, Tombs of the African Queens”. She smiled at the exhibit sign.
“Jackpot.” There was a sudden crash downstairs as one of Riddler’s dumb hired oafs shattered a priceless vase and Catwoman flinched. “Tch. Amateurs,” she breathed a disgusted sigh at their lack of professionalism.

She had expertly entered the museum from the underside. As the museum’s trucks habitually drove in priceless archaeological finds into an archival room underground, away from the damaging effects of temperature change and light, it was simply a matter of working her way in from the bottom up. After she’d re-wired the keypad which allowed the armored transport vehicles to enter, and disabled the central security system, she alone could control who passed through the lower cargo bay. Tonight, that meant just her and the Riddler’s dimwitted wrecking crew.

Now, confident in the heist Riddler had kindly sponsored for her, Catwoman made a beeline for the single most precious artifact in the museum that night. The tall onyx statue of a female with a cat’s head, embellished with 24 karat gold and lapis lazuli. An image of the goddess of cats, Bastet. The very same entombed with the woman Pharaoh, Hatshepsut. Incredibly preserved, remarkably crafted and unconscionably valuable
. Aaand probably cursed, she considered, but that’s just an occupational hazard. No wonder this exhibit would only be on tour for a brief while.

“They know I live here, right? Honestly, they should know better by now. It’s like they want me to take it.”
She slid a backpack off of her shoulder and pried the heavy stone goddess from her stand. Catwoman picked off the sticky museum putty from the bottom of the figure and wrapped her tightly in cloth before stuffing her in. “No, really, Selina. We insist. Help yourself. We’ve got ‘em coming out of our ears.” Out of the backpack she pulled an envelope, not unlike the one which Batman had encountered earlier that night. To its back, she stuck the museum putty and with a slap stuck the envelope to the empty, lit wall where Bastet had stood.

Catwoman heaved the backpack onto her shoulders and turned to make her way to the top floor. She got a few feet away and halted, knowing who the Riddler’s message had to be for. She snuck back to the envelope and kissed it, leaving an indelible print of lipstick just under the waxy question mark.
Riddler’s goons could take care of themselves, to emphasize her lack of commitment to them, she casually raised a clawed middle finger to one of Nigma’s hacked security cameras and stuck her tongue out at the accomplice she knew was on the other end. With that, she fled.

Mrs Addams

Beloved Wife

Cerulean Vigilante

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:42 pm
Bluebird
-------

Oh no. More of them sprung out and she was now ambushed. Hitting, punching, kicking, anything just to get a better view if what was happening to Damian. Harper herself wasn't weak either; she had undergone various vigorous training sessions with the other robins as well as Batman himself. Though not as comparable as the others however, she did hold herself up in combat, but it seemed this was a bit strenuous as it looked like the effect of cutting off a hydra's head could be implied with the number of assassins were dropped opposed to those emerging in vast numbers.

She overheard Damian and one of the assassins among the large number speaking. Harper did not understand the dialect in which the assassin was speaking to Damian in although his response did with no surprise, give off attitude. Something like a little kid refusing to go back home, hmm what a coincidence--he was within the title of little kid too. Mother issues probably was what Harper ruled it to be. She threw a punch to one of their faces, knocking him back though the assassin wasn't holding out for long--he'd jump back against her, throwing his own fist aiming to her jaw and more blood came out of the corner of her mouth. Another struck her in the gut, again she fell to her knees. The third now hit her square in the jaw with a mouth of hand strike. Blood is all she saw that came into view. She knew well enough along with Damian that it'd be soon enough that she wouldn't handle more of this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Son of the Bat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Damian Wayne
Son of the Bat, the current (better than Drake) Robin

Damian used his anger to his advantage while trying to best his Mother's man. He threw everything at the taller figure in an attempt to drive him back, force an opening, but he couldn't. Try as he might, he continued to fail each time. The taller and muscular framed person in front of him was far vastly skilled than Damian first realized. The young Robin wore an expression of shock when he finally managed land a lethal blow only for it to be brushed off as nothing by the other. Not even a wince. Just what in th- before he could finish then, a solid punch to his ribs caused Robin to bend over, eyes widened, holding himself as a cough of blood left his mouth.

He dropped to his knees after the fist was removed from him then was kneed in the jaw. The impact itself was devastating. Damian flew some inches too. As he laid there he tried to ignore the pain closing one eye as he grabbed at his stomach. He looked up and the figure was gone...at least is what he believed til' he was being brought overhead and tossed into a cable satellite dish. At this point, Damian couldn't watch out for Bluebird. All he saw when he looked up was an overwhelming amount of ninjas clad in black surrounding her, no doubt kicking her behind.

All while he was being tossed around like a rag doll. It frustrated him. Because of this he fought to stand again. He was Damian Wayne for ******** sake. He was the son of the bat. He bared his teeth at his oncoming pursuer and let out a cry as he charged his way. The Heretic stood there until the very last second, and just as Damian was about to nail them he watched in slow motion sort of, as they effortlessly moved then proceeded to strike a pressure point into the back of his neck rendering him immediately unconscious. Lifting the boy onto his broad shoulders, the Heretic signaled for the others to finish Bluebird so they could go.

And so they did, seeing as they'd given her a good beating. It was fitting they granted her permission to die and so one of the many assassins would kick Bluebird off the building where they all fought uncaring to see her die before exiting into the shadows.

Cerulean Vigilante

Son Of the Bat

Cerulean Vigilante

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:00 am
Bluebird
-------

The last she saw of Damian was when he dropped over in pain, probably at the hands of the more experienced assassins. She however, had multiple bruises, cuts, scrapes, and anything else that caused inflammation from a combat injury.
She fell onto her back, still feeling some of the pain, but for the most part she felt like a bruised fruit and the pain somewhat diminished as her body grew in a state of shock. Her vision went blurry for a few seconds as it seemed, but once she regained focus, she saw that Damian was on the back of one of them. Her facial expression horrified as she felt defeat drape over any further attempt of rescuing him. "Damia--..."

The next thing she saw was a foot knocking her out. She was by the edge of the roof top so disposal of her would be efficient, or much rather to their liking. Shoving her over, the assassins let her fall to her death--or so the thought. Her armor clanged with the fire escape's loose bars making it sound as though their was a few fractured bones. She did already break a few minor bones however, but she fell into a large garbage can, bruised, bleeding, and unconscious. Once landing inside, the surrounding garbage fell over her not to mention it was already overflowing on the sides. The assassins would retreat to the shadows now and soon return to where they came from.

Harper awoke a few moments later, grunting in pain and holding the left side of her ribs. She started to cough up blood, but knew she had to get out and inform the bat, or any of the batfam. First thing was first--getting out of this garbage bin. She stood up and soon fell realizing that her leg was in much pain; stupid loose pole from the fire escape. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Son of the Bat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:28 pm
Just as he had done at the bank, Batman flipped on his H.U.D just before entering the building to spot a multiple grouping of figures fumbling around on the first floor of the museum. Upon further inspection of the building, he noticed another figure a bit higher up within the building. Their mannerisms and movements screamed professional and their physique was much leaner than the men that stood on the other side of the door. He'd make his way up there soon, but first, the Riddler's thugs. Upon entering the museum, Batman immediately diverted his path to some place where he was hidden within the shadows of the museum. He didn't need to see it, but he could hear all of the meaningless shuffling from the thugs all of a sudden come to a startling halt as they all stared at the doorway closing as if someone had walked through.

"Go check it out."

"What the hell, no! You do it. Who made you the leader anyway?"

"Would you two shut the hell up? I'll do it..Bunch of pussies."

As the bravest of the bunch stepped forward, his weapon aimed at the door and it's general vicinity, Batman waited until he got close enough as he was perfectly hidden behind a wide display case that was left of the door. Retrieving a claw like device from his utility belt, he shot it forth at the thug's leg. Once propelled, the claw would open up and wrap itself around the enemy in question, allow Batman to knock him off his footing to drag him into the dark. From there, Batman took his elbow up high and slammed it on his head. Before the others made their way over to whatever the hell went down, their friend laid unconscious and his attacker nowhere to be seen. They were unaware that he was right above their heads, watching them as they tended to the fallen ally. This shouldn't be this easy. He'd remove another gadget from his belt, a small circular smoke pellet that he tossed to the floor without hesitation.

Leaping down from his position, he avoided the gunfire that they so carelessly launched into the air and upon landing, he immediately went to work dispatching the rest of them one by one with a series of flips and blows to the torso, leg, and head regions. As the smoke began to clear, all that was left were the several armed thugs thrown about completely knocked out from the unexpected blows issued from the Batman. Stepping out of the cloud of smoke, Batman looked up where the other several floors of the museum were visible from the center opening. There's still one unattended for. I need to move quickly before they get away. Using his grappling hook, he shot it forth up along a the ledge of the top floor, lifting him up to the top.

Save for the guards down below, the building was completely vacant though one thing seemed out of the ordinary. A priceless piece was missing from it's position and it's place sat a letter, obviously the Riddler's next phase in his grand master plan waiting for the Dark Knight inside the white envelope. Batman stepped closer to the stand, picking up the letter to get a closer look. The lipstick was the first thing to catch his eye, enough to make him raise a brow. Certainly not the Riddler's handiwork here, but someone else's. His eyes danced around the exhibit for the moment until he noticed the plaque that read "Bastet" along with a smaller picture of the piece in question. The resemblance to a cat was a striking revelation as to who left the letter. Selina.. It wasn't as shocking as he thought but more so disappointing. Back to her old ways once more it seemed and with the Riddler of all people. He shook his head in disapproval as he then tore away at the envelope to peer inside at the next Riddle.

Nocturnal Vigilante
Captain

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

Trainer Noir

Dangerous Wife

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 pm
The Riddler observed as Catwoman abandoned his thugs with the Bat. This, however, was no surprise to him. She had served her purpose. He really cared not for the success of his goon's heist. The Riddler rarely ever committed any kind of crime for personal gain. This was a battle of wits, almost like a game of chess to him. They were nothing but pawns in his ever-lasting duel of intellects with the Dark Knight. Nygma couldn't help but snicker at Selina's crude gesture to the camera, well aware that he'd be observing her. "Cheeky as ever, aren't we Selina?" Eddie muttered under his breath, before leaning forward to rest his chin atop his gloved hands that clutched the top of his cane. "But that's alright, you too were nothing but a pawn on my board, and you've exhausted your usefulness." Riddler watched as the Feline Burglaress left to make her escape. Nygma's brow inquisitively as his gaze shifted to a few monitor's over to the left. Watching the Dark Knight look over his newly discovered clue. "And this is where the fun begins... Heh..."

You've come this far, but still there's more
Now here we are, my what a bore.

Find me now, no time to waste
Before the clock strikes nine o' eight

My Riddle here will be your guide
But the answer true will try to hide.

I have a floor but I’m not a room
I wave but have no hand
I’m wet but I’m not a towel
I have currents but no electricity
I contain fish but I’m not a tank
I cover a lot of the planet but I’m not land

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:57 am
DC Catwoman

You've come this far, but still there's more
Now here we are, my what a bore.

Find me now, no time to waste
Before the clock strikes nine o' eight

My Riddle here will be your guide
But the answer true will try to hide.

I have a floor but I’m not a room
I wave but have no hand
I’m wet but I’m not a towel
I have currents but no electricity
I contain fish but I’m not a tank
I cover a lot of the planet but I’m not land

Floor. Ocean floor. Waves, wet, currents, fish. All of these details in Riddler's new riddle point to the Gotham harbor. Hm, that isn't enough to go on. There's more than a few dozen installations by the docks. He has to be telling me more within this riddle. Batman's concentration was soon cut off by movement from above. He had almost forgot about the person who seemed to split off from Riddler's thugs which there was now no doubt in his mind that it was in fact Selina Kyle after putting two and two together. Perhaps if he caught up to her, she could shed some light on their impending situation. He switched on his detection software within the cowl once more to survey the area, inspecting for the lean figure. There she was, she hadn't even left yet but would be on her way out soon enough. Tucking the riddle away into his belt, he ran straight for the ledge of the floor before diving off into the air.

Before he fell any further, he aimed the grappling hook towards the next ledge up allowing himself to swing to the next floor. He heaved himself over the ledge before darting off to the rooftop exit not far off. Catwoman was quick and relied a lot on her wit, who knew how far she was now, considering she of him given the fact that he had still had to read and process the riddle given to him. As he came up to the rooftop exit, he went at the door shoulder first knocking it clear off a few of the hinges leaving it limp on the side. Down his line sight, Batman spotted her, ready to make a jump and flee the scene without a trace. "Stop!" He shouted from afar, even going as far as to lift a batarang over head and aiming at the thief. "That's far enough. What's the Riddler's game?" He wanted to cut to the chase, hopefully avoiding the bat chases cat game that their confrontations always came down to.

Nocturnal Vigilante
Captain

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

Mrs Addams

Beloved Wife

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:18 pm
Catwoman paused at the edge of the rooftop with her bullwhip poised in her hand and turned. Right on time, he never disappointed her. She had pulled down her goggles and set them to a honey yellow for night travel. She grinned at the dark knight,
“Would you really hit a woman with one of those? Where’s your chivalry? I’m appalled at you, young man.” She wagged a clawed finger at him, to emphasize her false disappointment. She wasn’t afraid of him. While she had no qualms about ratting out the insufferable Riddler, she wasn’t about to let bat trouble stand between her and the take of a lifetime. This piece was coming home with her and slowing down to chitchat just wasn’t in her plans. If that meant wasting his time long enough to get him to give up and focus on the Riddler’s stupid scavenger hunt, so be it.

“You didn’t really think it was going to be that easy, did you?” She shouted dryly at him. She sharply cracked her whip at an obliging truss on the neighboring building and fell backward off the build nonchalantly, swinging herself to the nearby rooftop and beginning the chase.

Nocturnal Vigilante

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:37 am
DC Catwoman

"I'll do what I have to. Leave the Bastet and tell me why Riddler has you involved." He demanded of the thief before him. Her words didn't matter to him, she was merely distracting him from what he really wanted to know. If she was somehow involved with Riddler, he had to find out how and in what way she could lead him to Nygma. One batarang soon turned into three as he tossed them effortlessly in her direction. By then she had already made her way off the building to evade his projectiles and lead Batman on the very same chase he had experienced far too many times. He took off after her, bounding into a run before he leaped off the building, his cape spread outward in all of it's intended directions. He'd land on the next building over with a thud, continuing his run towards her as he did his best to avoid all obstacles that sat in his way.

He removed another set of batarangs, tossing them once more in an attempt to snag her clothing on any surface that she passed.

Nocturnal Vigilante
Captain

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

Mrs Addams

Beloved Wife

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:44 pm
Now with Batman in hot pursuit of her, Catwoman weaved her nimble frame around the protruding air vents on the rooftop. She was smaller and was using her ability to weave around tight corners against Batman. The batarangs he’d thrown went zooming over her head with a whine and crack as they embedded themselves into the surrounding vents of the industrial size air conditioning units of the building. One whizzed by and nicked her arm, clear through her suit. Apparently, he wasn’t messing around this time.
“Good. Neither am I,” she thought aloud.
As one batarang struck low ahead of her, Catwoman perversely turned his own weapon to her advantage and in one fluid motion, used the embedded batarang as a step-up and hopped upward, cracking her whip around the metal framework of a satellite tower and swinging herself fully airborne; the Bastet figure in her backpack and all. She soared over the edge of the rooftop like a pole vaulter and then began to lose altitude, falling precipitously to the next much lower rooftop.
It was going to be a hard landing. Arguably worth it, if the priceless artifact could remain undamaged. A calculated risk to evade the bat. Weren’t they all?
Bracing for a hard impact, Catwoman tucked in on herself and smacked hard onto the rooftop below, somersaulting rapidly over herself for several turns and then jutting her arms forward and harshly raking her metal claws into the tarmac rooftop to slow herself to a stop. She scratched deep claw-mark welts into the roof in the process.
She straightened up with a pained expression and went in a panic to check and make sure the artifact was unharmed. All clear. Phew.

If he followed her this far, maybe he deserved a fight. Regardless, she thought,
“The artifact is mine."
Nocturnal Vigilante

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 pm
Her frame was considerably smaller than his, allowing her maneuverability and versatility to prove superior to his own. Nonetheless, Batman dove over the air vents, binding passed larger structures to do his best to keep up with her. She had no intention of stopping, meaning he had to up his game if he was going to catch her anytime soon. Soon after her stunt utilizing Batman's own gadgets against him, he stopped at the edge of the building and before she too landed, Batman leaped from the building spreading his cape out as he glided out far enough to be directly over her head. In one solid motion, he alternated into a dive-bomb, landing with a thud straight across from Selina. Standing upright with his fists clenched, his white eyes stared down at her, ready to engage if necessary.

"I won't ask again: Where is The Riddler?" He demanded an answer, his teeth practically gritting against one another. Her involvement with him was a mystery, as was her need to continue her petty thefts. How did the two correlate or was this all for her own personal gain?

Nocturnal Vigilante
Captain

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

Mrs Addams

Beloved Wife

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:38 pm
Catwoman had stopped running. It wouldn’t do any good to let him tail her all the way home, and knowing with how stubborn he was, he likely would. She genuinely didn’t anticipate becoming his quarry for the night. She cocked her head to the side in false concern,
“Aww, what’s wrong? Didn’t understand the riddle? I thought you were supposed to be good at those. Getting slow?”
Her gentle smile did not betray that she stood poised for a fight. “You know just as much about his plan as I do. You really think he could orchestrate a heist by himself without contracting it out? I got what I needed from him. The end. Now, if you’d be so kind, back off.”
Selina lunged fearlessly at the caped crusader without warning, swiping a couple harsh scratches at him and pivoting to try to knock him off balance with a powerful roundhouse kick.

Nocturnal Vigilante

▪ » Gotham City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces