Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Capital Outskirts (Tsukihara Hana) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:11 pm
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||

tab The scent of earth rose as the figure ceased it's movements, the debris falling still in response to your movements and words. Yet as you watch it begins to move again a few moments later after what sounds vaguely close to a sigh is released from its depths. The debris begins to swirl, gravity ceasing it's function upon the rotting clothes and garbage that surrounded it. It rose, and with it came a small, angular face, graceful and...young. A little girl with blue and grin skin, her features, and her body, translucent enough that what lay behind her remained visible to your eyes if only you were to look a little closer. Eyes eyes are wide emeralds, her expression frightened and...slightly embarrassed, potentially. As you watch she stands slowly, no more than chest level to him, exposing that she was completely, and profoundly, nude. Hands covered the lewd bits completely, and the garbage and debris around her spun around her slow enough to cover it barely sufficiently at times, but she was clearly having trouble meeting Kaileer's eyes.
tab Instead of speaking, the girl whimpered in fright and trembled, the noise sounding to Kaileer similar to that of a dog beaten into submission. Indeed there were wounds upon her flesh consistent with torment, something you had seen during your stay with the Wanryoku's people. It was used on those who needed obedience, though whether or not you stopped such practices is difficult to say. However, for the moment, she says nothing, yet at the edges of your perception you realize that the quiet of the storms before had been replaced by silence, though why was difficult to say with only one window to the room, and it mostly obscured by a thoroughly rotted wooden shelf that somehow kept standing.

Royal Taorito

Tenshuyami

BlackFruity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 pm
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
Hold me close,and take me in. I'm losing it, lost again.
R O G U E B U K I J U T S U - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

So maybe I fall, maybe I fail, maybe my heart's not made of stone. Maybe you'll see secrets I never want to show.

[x] Whatever was concealed in the debris pile stopped moving as I spoke, and a long moment of silence stretched into an eternity. Shifting my weight off of my sore leg, I didn't dare pull my gaze away as I leaned back against the wall. I stretched my senses out to the hall beyond my hiding place, searching for any sign of danger again. But just like before, I was met with only the wind from the storm outside. I'd lost my ability to perceive movement, something I'd learned to do from years of training. I was literally left with nothing but the blade in my hands and a single technique, as far as combat knowledge went.

After what felt like an eternity, but may have only been a few seconds, however, the wood and cloth moved again. Just not in a way that I expected. The material began to float, defying gravity as it whirled around itself. And from the pile came a small figure. She stood maybe four feet tall--about chest height--and had translucent blue and green skin. An elegant but young face was framed by short cropped blue hair. What stood out most was the shocking emerald eyes. Not just the irises, but the eyes themselves. Apart from that, she stood stark naked, clearly embarrassed by her lack of clothing, given her attempt at covering her privates. She couldn't meet my gaze.

I quickly diverted my eyes, not sensing any immediate threat from her, but keeping her in my peripheral sight in case she did make a move.

There was more to it than that, however. She whimpered, which drew my attention back to her, and noticed for the first time the marks upon her flesh. They had been hard to see with the unique color, but now that I was aware she was in pain, I could see them clearly. Her skin was littered with marks of punishment. Something that I was more than familiar with after my time with the Stragari. My crusade through their land changed some, but they were as stubborn as their skin was thick, and I wasn't sure my changes to their ways of life even put a dent in what happened in the shadows. Even with Ragnos dead, there were still plenty that followed his tyrannical ways. If anything, trying to change them might have been tyrannical on my part. And it was made even harder with the loss of the reason I was there in the first place.

The storm outside had quieted all of a sudden. Or maybe I'd been watching the girl longer than I thought. Regardless, I became acutely aware of the lack of wind howling down the hallway, which left it so quiet that the loudest sound was my own breathing. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck prickle, and was forced to shift again to shake off the feeling. Did a shadow even make noise? The monster following me had roared before entering that form, but I hadn't noticed if it made any sound following, too focused on trying not to stumble over my own steps as I waded through the snow and searched for an escape route.

Releasing a shaky breath, and with it a plume of mist, I finally lowered my blade, and tore my gaze away from the girl, realizing my critical stare was probably disconcerting. Resting the katana against the wall and in easy reach in case something happened, I slipped my coat off. It was already doing little in the way of keeping me warm--although I regretted removing it almost immediately--and held it out to the girl in hopes she would take it. It would probably swallow her, but at least it was something to cover up with. If she didn't take it or flinched away, I knelt down and set it on the ground in front of her instead. Standing back up with a step away from her, I grabbed my blade once more, holding it away so it wouldn't seem threatening. "Who--or what--did this to you?" I asked softly, unsure if she could even understand.

I was under the impression that the storm may have just calmed, but I was also aware that earlier we had heard the sound of drums in the distance. That seemed to be gone as well, which wasn't comforting in the least. Holding my free hand out carefully to show I didn't mean the girl any harm, I moved around the room while I waited for her response to the window to take a look out through what little of it was left uncovered. I didn't want to risk moving the bookshelf in case the thing following me was still around.

But I can’t help it. I’m not superhuman. I’m breaking. Don’t let me fall apart.

Counter | 06 / 200

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
☁ Survive

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃☁ e x p | 0000
┃☁ r y o | 0000
┃☁ c h a k r a | 100 / 100
┃☁ s t a m i n a | 100 / 100
┃☁ t r a n c e | 5 / 5
┃☁ m o o d | focused
┃☁ h e a l t h | fine
┃☁ i n j u r i e s | left shoulder & hip acting up [ 06 / 20 ]

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.  

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:19 pm

tab The sky outside is gray as ever, providing little in the way of aid in seeing anything amidst the slow fall of snow. The little light that did make it cast the scenery into grey, something you have seen before, in the deeper reaches of Burust Stragaria. Perhaps that was what helps you notice the strangeness after a few moments of observation, for the rule the barbarians, the Stragari, had first taught you was that silence, stillness, in snow was a hallmark of danger. There, in the distance, a large shadow moves across the snow near what looked to be a playground where once, likely, children had ran in circles, swung from swing sets while others hung from bars of steel. It slides slowly, like liquid across the white expanse, though after a moment it begins to slow, turning, hesitantly, towards you.
tab A hand touches your shoulder and draws you back with haste.
tab The girl steps back, wrapped in a coat made of rags, your own coat held before her in supplication to stall what, given her posture, could have only been an expected retaliation. Her brows are pulled down tight, pulling the scars upon her face taught with abject terror before she withdrew across the room where, leaving your coat, she sits. Knees to her chest the woman exposes herself to the cold before she wraps her arms around legs and shivers. Perhaps, you might wonder, it is not the cold she feels, for her pupils, little more than white lights, are pinpricks in a sea of emerald. She shivers, but eyes are on you, pleading without words, to perhaps come closer.

Royal Taorito

Tenshuyami

BlackFruity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:20 am
User Image

So maybe I fall, maybe I fail, maybe my heart's not made of stone. Maybe you'll see secrets I never want to show.

[x] I only caught a glimpse of the shadowed figure before a slender hand pulled me back from the window with surprising strength. Or maybe it was just because I didn't resist, knowing the danger if that thing spotted me. The fact it could pick me out from a small corner of a faded window from such a distance told me that this wasn't something I wanted to mess around with. I needed to get away from this place, and get Soraru and Hono out as well. This was Soraru's home, I understood that, but as it stood we weren't prepared to face the heart of the country yet. One wrong step was going to get us killed. First, though, I had to find a way back to them.

Gaze torn away from the white snow, it took a second for my eyes to readjust to the darkness of the room, which was lit only by the window now beside me. The girl stood with the coat I had offered held before her, her head bowed as if she expected me to strike her. So she had been beaten previously. Likely on several occasions actually for her to be so submissive. It meant I had to prove to her I wasn't a threat. I carefully took hold of the coat and she retreated across the room where she sat with her legs pulled tight to her chest. The posture exposed part of her that was left uncovered, but she seemed not to notice as she shivered. I diverted my gaze again, pulling the heavy material back on to cover my sleeveless arms. It brought with it a bit of instant relief, but did little in the way of helping me regain feeling in my fingers.

Sliding my blade softly against the scabbard, I finally sheathed it. I felt no threat from the girl. She was clearly terrified of me, and I wanted to lessen that as much as possible.

It occurred to me, with that thought, that maybe she wasn't actually shivering from cold. Definitely not like I was beginning to. Damn, it was freezing. But her hand hadn't been very cold, despite the lack of warmth in the old building, and despite her lack of proper clothing--she was mostly covered in ratty rags now, but definitely not dressed for the weather. The hand hadn't been warm either. Somewhere in between. Her gaze, fixed on me, was beckoning. Pleading almost. But that made me nervous of her for the first time. She was afraid of me, but wanted my presence? Why? Maybe it was just my paranoia acting up, but I was uncomfortable.

What else was I supposed to do, though? I could just leave, but with the shadow hanging around outside, I was putting myself at risk by leaving. Why it didn't follow me into the building was beyond me but I wasn't about to complain. About that anyway. I still needed a way to warm up, but wasn't sure how great of an idea starting a fire here--or anywhere, really--would be. I approached her slowly, taking care with my steps so as not to spook her, and sat next to her with a wince as my muscles protested. I sat far enough away to not cause discomfort for either of us, out of sight of her exposure, and tucked as much of myself as I could into the fitted coat, even pulling up the hood in hopes of warming up my head. It didn't really help.

"So, ah..." I started quietly after a moment, placing my hands in my armpits. "I don't suppose it's safe to build a fire, huh?" The joke was half-hearted, as well as a serious question, but meant more than anything to lighten the mood. Maybe it would help her not see me as a threat. If she could even understand what I was saying.

Counter | 07 / 200

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
☁ Survive

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃☁ e x p | 0000
┃☁ r y o | 0000
┃☁ t r a n c e | 5 / 5
┃☁ m o o d | focused
┃☁ h e a l t h | fine
┃☁ i n j u r i e s | left shoulder & hip acting up [ 07 / 20 ]

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Tenshuyami

Obsessive Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:19 am
Quote:

❂ CHAKRA 150 ║ STAMINA 150║NOBODY ║HAKEMOTO SAMURAI║ ❂

❂ REDUCTIONS ❂
N/A

❂ PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES ❂
• Minagoroshi: Soraru's bloodlust comes out when against the creatures who have caused his people so much torment. When he makes a demon/fade bleed or vice-versa, the samurai gains an extra activation for combat.
→• Exceptional Form: Form Manipulation of Tetsu no Ryu is Soraru's undisputed favorite technique. He knows its inner workings, and how to get the most out of a lower-ranked technique. The Technique in Soraru's hands can reach ten feet before requiring further chakra expenditure instead of five.
→• Born Samurai: Soraru's talent only shines when swords are involved. When using the single-edged swords of his people (tanto, wakizashi, katana, odachi) the boy pays half the stamina for his attacks. On the other hand, he cannot use any weapon without exceptional training. (Requires another PA usage or extenuating circumstances)

❂ EQUIPMENT ❂
• Chainmail [Scale 35, D-rank]
• Katana
• Reverse Blade Katana
• Wakizashi
• Weather Clothes

• Backpack
• Bedroll
• Whetstone x4
• Soap x2
• Sewing Needle x2
• Journal
• 1 Pen 1 Pencil
• Oiled Waterskin
• Skinning Knife
• Blanket x2

❂ USED TECHNIQUES ❂

User ImageUser Image
                                                    • The stench was not entirely unfamiliar, but still went entirely unappreciated by the former Samurai. He raised his free arm, the extra cloth of his yukata sleeve draping down to his chest along with the kusari atop it as he covered his nose with his forearm. The clothing naturally hid the lower half of his face, which included a prominent scowl when the creature before him began to change form. Rather than trepidation or raw fright, Soraru was overcome with both disgust and something akin to wrath. It mixed in with a strange, almost twitchy sensation in his right arm, feeling the same sensation in his chest while his breath briefly quickened. It was for a flash, but for that moment he desperately wanted to lash out with his blade, cut the thing only a few feet away into so many pieces nobody would know how to put it together. A subtle trembling that could easily be mistaken with fear came and left as quickly as it arrived. The sensation left him with the sigh that escaped his lips slowly, calming down enough to take in the words of that creature. Prince of Rust, though I'm guessing I'd actually be the king by default now. Nice to know I'm still popular. He thought begrudgingly, not entirely liking either of those apparent facts. A fresh start seemed to be too much to ask for, no matter what the circumstances. If death be my inclination thou would be bereft of life already. Sora made sure to bite his tongue at that statement. He had his time to size the creature in front of him up and down in both of its forms. He himself was weak, probably moreso than he had been since childhood, but he had no doubts in his ability to dispatch the disgusting fade in front of him.

I have no idea what this thing is capable of, but it doesn't know the tricks I carry up my sleeve either. It's going through the trouble of informing me on other potential enemies, so I don't think I need to see it as an enemy just yet. Heeding its warning of those that could lie in shadow, he switched his position, keeping some distance between himself and the fade already talking to him while stepping more towards its right side. He'd rather keep both of them in his view rather than turning his back to one or the other. From his position he was able to see Kaileer lead the other creature away while also watching Hono's back. <******** hope he doesn't go too far. I don't know if Hokori-san is ready for a fight if that's what it takes for us to escape this room. I have to make sure it's clear before I can help Kaileer. He stepped back until his back foot was against the wall behind him, then took a few steps forward once more in case he needed to dodge. If it was wood or stone he could probably cut through it in order to escape in the event things got dicey, but he'd prefer to save both the chakra and attention that could give him. "If you don't care about taking my life, what need do you have of me? If you're looking for something to possess, I'm sure there are more optimal specimens" His eyes narrowed for a moment in a glare, fingers wrapping more firmly around the hilt of his weapon but not drawing it into a more aggressive stance yet. He drew upon the memories that blazed in his mind, recalling the demons, fades and their twisted habits. While he knew they weren't opposed to killing, he remembered them attempting to take prisoners on more than one occasion. He didn't have his old weapon skills, jutsu, comrades, or anything else he could once claim as the Raikage, but he retained his knowledge on yokai. Perhaps it was his Hakemoto blood, or more than likely the fact that his memories had been his fathers playground before he was encased in crystal. "If you're looking to grow stronger off my misfortune and subject me to a fate worse than death, allow me to let you know that I'm more than prepared to do what's needed to end those plans. I don't know you yokai to care for much else than those things, so unless you have another objective in mind, let's both save our breath. Regardless of how this goes, you haven't made an attempt on my life so I don't have quarrel with you unless you make one."

His eyes averted from the dog-like fade to the approaching shadow, gazing venomously while keeping track of its movements. "That leniency goes to nobody else. Anything that gets in the way of myself or the others I awoke with will find nothing but their end. I'll salt and burn the bodies. You'll be done, k'lyeth iealt. (banished eternally) He spoke in the native tongue of Tetsu no Kuni, a language he assumed wouldn't be dead among the demons that seemed to inhabit it. He didn't want Hono to hear his challenge, namely because the boy could be skittish at times in his memories. It didn't help that much of his words were a bluff, but he was obscenely good at lying and wearing masks. They probably didn't have an exact estimate on his strength, and he was using that to his advantage. The use of his home language would hopefully serve to remind the fades of a time when they were pushed down and humans held the dominant role. Not only was he human, he was the son of the man that pressured them for an era, forced them into being acknowledged as the weaker being. That would possibly serve to provoke them, but he hoped it'd play on the fear that he knew existed within yokai. Even creatures of instinct had things they wouldn't touch, intelligent ones were all the more susceptible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:58 pm
______Kaileer's Narration
tab The girl's eyes are pleading, but slowly they move to the side, away from you and towards the window beyond. From the way she stares it would be obvious to you that she is assessing the situation, though exactly what alien thoughts echo within her skull would, for the moment, remain a mystery. Turning back to you with haste, her expression is one of fright and then...embarrassment. Gesturing to his chest, a single finger raised to assist in its movement, she stop just over your heart and then gestures with her other hand to where her own could be. Could, only because, as translucent as she was, there were no organs within to witness. Finally, she gestures with the finger above yoiu in a swirling motion, followed by a slow retraction and hook. As she does so, she mimics the same motion on her side, until the hands come together in the middle and she reverses, using the hand that once pointed at her to now move to you. Once the finger stops where its twin had been, on both sides, did she inhale softly and exhale towards you, the scent of sweet spring blossoms and the warmth of fire mingling to enlist memories of both from deep within your psyche. Warmth both of memory and in fact, for her breath is astonishingly warm despite her appearance.
tab Taking a deep breath, red staining her cheeks, she looks with shame down upon herself before she reaches down and takes the makeshift vest she wears and begins to move them apart, quickly exposing flesh best left hidden.
______Soraru's Narration
tab The foul dog chortled, a strange sound that carried dual tones. The two eyes that lay vertical upon its face suddenly rotated clockwise, switching places, while the face split once more and bared its fangs in a smile. "Much has changed in the time thee and thy kind have been here, Rust Prince. Yokai...Fades, as we are now known, are not at all as we once were." The canine moved forward with steps that echoed wrong, for the sounds seemed to echo from a distance and stop as its paws struck the ground. This fade, whatever it was, was likely unlike anything you've seen before. As it moved that shadows around the room remained still, though the creature stopped between you, Hono, and the exit through which Kaileer had escaped. Looking back, face splitting once more, it gazes at you with a sort of amusement. "You know little, but desire to know more. I swore to aid thy kind once, and despite the power that sustains this flesh, I keep my honor still." Gesturing over to Hono the hound snorts derisively before continuing. "Thy friend is in danger. That which haunts him is here for him specifically. I know not why. Something from his past, perhaps. Either way, to slay it, albeit only providing a temporary reprieve before it returns, is the best course of action I can suggest."
tab
tab

Royal Taorito

Tenshuyami

BlackFruity

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:49 pm
User Image

[x] At first I wasn't sure she understood what I'd said. Glancing in her direction, I had every intention of demonstrating by actually starting a fire, assuming I could find something to start a spark. I hadn't really gotten to go through the supplies whatever greater force that put us there had left for me. Then I saw her expression and, following her gaze, realized she was staring out the window, perhaps contemplating how safe it was. To be honest, my solution was to move to a room on the opposite side of the building to avoid the risk of the light being seen, but she started gesturing. First, she pointed toward my chest, indicating either myself or my heart, and then did the same with her other hand to herself. It was only then that I noticed her true translucence, since I was closer. I could see straight through her, as if she were made of tinted glass. No organs, muscle, or even bone. Almost like she was a ghost. But she had a physical form. Or at least was able to physically interact with me.

She swirled a finger around her head, and another at her side, before bringing both together and exhaling softly. Unlike the smell of rot and earth from her first appearance, while the scent of earth remained, it sort of reminded me of winter's end, fresh rain that brought new life with it in spring. And it was warm. I fount myself entranced for a moment, and wondering what exactly she was and why she was in a place like this that was quite the opposite of spring's warmth.

My brief stupor was broken when she started trying to undress again, and I quickly looked away, feeling prickling heat rush to my cheeks. Of course, the embarrassment drew what little heat was in the rest of my body to my face, which didn't help my situation. Gods, what was I, a kid? It's not like it was anything I hadn't seen before. But I guess if I'd had a run-in with a Chronovore, then I was technically a child again, and that brought with it its own burden. I held up a hand trying to halt her, blocking my own view with the other. "Whoa, whoa, there's no need for that!" I explained hurriedly, trying not to raise my voice.

Looking around the room, I considered what to do. Regardless of that thing outside, I needed to find a way to warm up, and I couldn't understand what the girl was trying to tell me. Pushing myself back to my feet with a slight grimace, I held a hand out to help her up as well, if she was willing. "I think we'll be safer across the hall. Less likely it'll spot us." Even if she refused the offer, I moved to the door, a hand on the hilt of my weapon as I carefully opened it and scanned the hallway beyond. I waited there for a long moment, straining my ears for any trace of a sound before slipping to the door opposite the room we were in.

Thankfully, this door was unlocked, too.

The room beyond was about in the same condition as the previous. Piles of garbage and rotting sheets and wood. There was bound to be something in one of the rooms but it wasn't the time to check. I glanced over my shoulder to make sure the girl was following me before moving into the abandoned apartment, shutting the door and locking it behind me once we were both inside. Assuming the girl didn't stop me, immediately I set to separating wood from the rotting sheets and curtains. Covering the window was the first objective after a quick glance outside to make sure the coast was clear. A curtain rod still hung over it and, while the rings for the curtain were missing, I was still able to loop several pieces of fabric over it to serve as curtains when I was done. Not to mention it would keep the glass from pulling the warmth out of the room. Likewise, with the effort of making as little noise as possible in mind, I pushed piles of debris up against the walls to both clear space and direct any warmth toward the center of the room. Where, conveniently, there was a tiled floor. Which meant not burning the whole complex down.

The next step was to gather wood. There was plenty in the room and it was plenty dry, but rearranging the room was taking its toll on my half-frozen fingers. Still after fumbling a few times, and a quick search through my bag, where I, thankfully, found flint and steel, I managed to spark up one of the old sheets and start a small flame. I closed the temporary curtains I'd made for the room and finally took the chance to warm my hands. The instant gratification made the work worth it. Even after living for years in Stragaria, and Kumogakure before that, I still hated the cold and everything that came with it.

The relief also gave me the chance to focus on the girl again. I was hoping my sudden determination hadn't frightened her, given how cautious she was already. If she hadn't already joined me at the fire, I gestured for her to do so. "Ah... sorry about the rush. Wasn't really prepared to wake up in snow." I gave a half-hearted laugh, and feel silent for a brief moment before speaking again. "Do... you have a name?" Given her earlier response, I wasn't even certain she could speak, but it was worth a shot.

Counter | 08 / 200

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
☁ Survive

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃☁ e x p | 0000
┃☁ r y o | 0000
┃☁ t r a n c e | 5 / 5
┃☁ m o o d | cold
┃☁ h e a l t h | fine
┃☁ i n j u r i e s | left shoulder & hip acting up [ 08 / 20 ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:54 am
Lanfaer

❂ CHAKRA 150 ║ STAMINA 150║NOBODY ║HAKEMOTO SAMURAI║ ❂

❂ REDUCTIONS ❂
N/A

❂ PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES ❂
• Minagoroshi: Soraru's bloodlust comes out when against the creatures who have caused his people so much torment. When he makes a demon/fade bleed or vice-versa, the samurai gains an extra activation for combat.
→• Exceptional Form: Form Manipulation of Tetsu no Ryu is Soraru's undisputed favorite technique. He knows its inner workings, and how to get the most out of a lower-ranked technique. The Technique in Soraru's hands can reach ten feet before requiring further chakra expenditure instead of five.
→• Born Samurai: Soraru's talent only shines when swords are involved. When using the single-edged swords of his people (tanto, wakizashi, katana, odachi) the boy pays half the stamina for his attacks. On the other hand, he cannot use any weapon without exceptional training. (Requires another PA usage or extenuating circumstances)

❂ EQUIPMENT ❂
• Chainmail [Scale 35, D-rank]
• Katana
• Reverse Blade Katana
• Wakizashi
• Weather Clothes

• Backpack
• Bedroll
• Whetstone x4
• Soap x2
• Sewing Needle x2
• Journal
• 1 Pen 1 Pencil
• Oiled Waterskin
• Skinning Knife
• Blanket x2

❂ USED TECHNIQUES ❂

User ImageUser Image
                                                    • Blue eyes watched on while the creature's face began to shift and change, its own eyes turning clockwise in order to switch position for a reason that Soraru wasn't entirely aware of, but he kept it in mind anyways. Its face split into that strange mouth from earlier, and despite its unsettling fashion he didn't waver. If he'd never experienced fades or other strange creatures in his past, he'd likely be more effected. It stepped forwards and away from him momentarily in order to put itself between the samurai and Hono. A sign of trust maybe? Maybe he overestimated its intelligence, but the beast should have surely known that such positioning spelled bad news if combat broke out. He was going to remark on why the name was changed to Fades before something else pushed itself to the forefront of his thoughts, bringing a look of concentration onto his features. So this is definitely my world, not something alternate. If that's the case, I was out long enough for things to change terribly...but how long, exactly?

The creature brought up that it once swore aid to what Soraru would either assume to be humanity or the Hiraite before mentioning to Hono that their friend was in danger. While the samurai had no issues with killing a rabid fade, he wondered what ties it could possibly have with Kaileer. Too many questions, but that's really to be expected in this kind of scenario. His eyes explored the room while he thought, noticing the stalled shadows but also a rather sad sight. Unmarked, a felled samurai left behind. "Honor and swearing aide. I may be wrong, but you sound like a samurai. Not that I doubt your own wisdom, but it would also explain how you know that I'm the heir to this rusted over land. Either way, that's besides the point. I was wondering if you know how long its been since the end of the Hiraite period." Rather than move towards Hono, the exit, or the creature, he walked over to the slowly crumbling portion of the room where a skeleton clad in dark armor had fallen. "Ah-! Excuse me, I'm still listening to you, I just...there's something I need to do." He told the Fade, not wanting it to believe he was ignoring the creature. Just after that exclamation, he knelt in front of the armored skeleton. "Damn shame that your body remained like this. Was it in battle, or some other reason that you passed here?" He audibly wondered to himself, reaching a hand forwards so that it could swipe off any accumulated dust or debris from the armor. "Didn't even die with your blade, I see. Or was it passed on to a member of your family? Did you come here without it? Either way, I hope you parted on peaceful terms. I...don't even know where mine is." Saying that last sentence held a bit more weight than he thought it would, and he had to swallow a lump that was building in his throat. His words were low whispers and murmurs, as if only meant for the dead laid out before him. "This is the lost Hiraite son speaking to you now. I know me running away was a struggle, but I'd like to ask for your help. Not for my own selfish desires, but to restore the Iron Country and find my family. I'd like to borrow your armor. Not all of it, just some. In return, I'll make sure to one day mark this place as your actual grave. Though..."

Just as his fingers grasped the material of the han kote that would unravel it, he let the tension in his fingers die out and called out to the yokai once more, finally raising his tone somewhere above a whisper. "Do you know the name of this man, or why his body would be left behind like this?"

Tenshuyami

Obsessive Hunter

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:54 am

[Kaileer receives +100 bonus exp!]

Royal Taorito

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm
tab The strange woman remains sitting across from you, her expression now resembling one of curiosity more than anything else as she eyes the fire between you. During the process of setting up she had helped, but now she seems intent on simply watching the flames dance.
tab Yet when you ask her for her name her eyes light up not in fear, as has been most present so far, but something closer to...caution, perhaps. Eyelids half-lidded, her nostrils flaring, and torso leaning forward perhaps to let her see better, she has the pose of one very much interested in what he was doing. Sizing him up was the impression he'd receive as she leans forward even more and extends one hand to carefully swipe at the tips of the flickering flames. As she does so the flames leap higher, reaching for her flesh hungrily, before returning to their rightful places. That it did this doesn't seem to phase her, and in fact she looks rather pleased that it had. Instead, she points to fire, and says "Fiorzia", though the F sounds closer to a V than should be right, and the last part sounds similar to an S and H sound together. As she finishes, she gestures carefully to herself before repeating the word again, and then gesturing to him with a "come here" feel, as if wishing he'd give something in return.
tab That her voice sounds melodic would probably come as a matter of course, but the warmth that filled the room with just that single word would be noticeable.
______Soraru's Narration
tab The canine Fade watches with some level of curiosity, but the clip of its nails upon the ground as he shifts them about probably paints the picture that he's quite anxious to get going. Still, he remains, refusing to move the space between the two of them, before sighing at last as he touches the skeleton. "Rusted Prince, the world has moved centuries from then, though time means little to the Fade. But that thing?" He shakes his head, expression confusing given his facial features, but it's clear that he finds the sentiment amusing. Perhaps it's the tongue lolling from his upper mouth?
tab When the final question came his way the beast growls deep in his throat, a noise that probably makes Hono's blood run cold. "That man was a heretic, dying as he fled his duty to defend. Thou wouldst do well to not take what he wore, but should thee, know the years have been unkind to the metal. It will be of little use."

tab

Royal Taorito

Tenshuyami

BlackFruity

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:43 am
User Image

[x] I took pleasure in sitting in comfortable warmth while I regained feeling in my fingers and various parts of my face. While with the Stragari, the creatures that lived in their lands were built for the weather, including them, so finding warmth in clothes made from pelts was enough to stave off the cold and actually make the place fairly hospitable. I was sure this place had animals adapted to the cold as well, but I hadn't had the luxury of just starting with cold weather gear and, well, here we were. Sitting next to a tiny fire in the room of a crumbling building with a half naked, translucent girl and a demonic shadow chasing after me. Another day in the life, I guess.

When I asked for her name, the girl grew wary, once more evaluating the situation. I didn't blame her either. Her body was marred from some sort of attack, or maybe torture--the thought of which made my blood boil--and I was a complete stranger. A stranger who she apparently trusted to some extent because she had followed me instead of running away. At first she said nothing, but then she leaned forward and brushed her fingertips along the top of the flames. In response the flames leaped higher, and I was forced to pull my hands away in surprise. It retreated a moment later, leaving behind a look of satisfaction on the girl's face.

Then she pointed at the fire and spoke. 'Fiorzia.' She repeated the word, pointing at herself. This was followed by a gesture toward me. She wanted my name? I guessed it made sense. In all honesty, normally I gave my name first when asking for someone else's, but this time I hadn't for some reason. "I, um..." Stuttering, I was still half entranced by whatever she'd done with the fire. It left the room suddenly much warmer, enough that I could forget that there was snow outside for a while. "Kaileer. Kaileer Cein'lys." I pulled my gaze away from the dancing flames and focused on the girl, Fiorzia. Did she mean to say that her name was the word for fire? Or that they were one in the same?

Rubbing my arms as they gradually warmed up, I considered what else to say. It wasn't that I couldn't think of anything. I had so many questions, I didn't want to overwhelm her. And I wasn't sure to what extent she could actually speak. She understood me well enough, but she was still uncomfortable in my presence. So I settled for just one, since it was an immediate concern. "And that thing outside, what is it?"

Counter | 09 / 200

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
☁ Survive

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃☁ e x p | 0100
┃☁ r y o | 0000
┃☁ c h a k r a | 125 / 125
┃☁ s t a m i n a | 125 / 125
┃☁ t r a n c e | 5 / 5
┃☁ m o o d | cold
┃☁ h e a l t h | fine
┃☁ i n j u r i e s | left shoulder & hip acting up [ 09 / 20 ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:19 pm
tab Eyes opening wide at the sound of your name the girl sits back a little more surely, as if she feels more secure in his presence. Still she says nothing, instead option to observe you, and the window behind you, more carefully. Despite it being covered she gazes at it with some level of apprehension. So when you ask your final question she jumps, but settles back further into the nest without turning her eyes back to you. Lips moving, fighting as if to decide what to say, at last she opens her mouth and tries to speak. This time she stops and an expression of annoyance passes her face to scrunch it up into a pout. Gesturing at you imperiously, she brings two fingers to her lips and taps them twice before looking to you in expectation. What it was clear you don't understand, she gestures once more at you before gesturing at herself, and making an obvious kissing south while still clinging to her legs.
tab Except even then it wasn't enough, for you merely stared at her in consternation.
tab Sighing, taking the decision into her own hands, the translucent girl crawls over to you with a determined look in her eyes. The closer she gets, the more determined she becomes. If not stopped she will climb into his lap facing him, and shove him back against their barricade in order to stop him from moving. Would he resist, or allow the kiss that was to follow?

Royal Taorito

Tenshuyami

BlackFruity

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 am
User Image

E - R A N K B U K I J U T S U - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

[x] I watched Fiorzia quietly as she tried to find her words. Her response made me wonder whether or not she could properly speak, since the only thing she had actually said so far was her name. Or at the very least I could assume was her name, given her gesture to herself. Still, knowing my name seemed to give her some sort of comfort in a way that was beyond simple trust. It was almost recognition, though I couldn't imagine why. After my short reign in Kumogakure, I'd all but fell off of the pages of history. At least in this part of the world. Though I helped with the plans to send the village skyward, I would have vanished long before it finished. I honestly didn't even know if I was credited as part of the team that built it.

Or if it was ever actually finished.

I knew a lot of time had passed. The condition of Tsukihara alone told that story. But I didn't have any details into what exactly happened. The Plague, as it was commonly called although it was more of a curse, had only really begun to rear its head after the fall of Konohagakure. To avoid the sweeping take over of the remaining countries, Kumogakure's --Nanadaime? Hachidaime?-- Raikage at the time, following Soraru after the younger male's disappearance, decided to put in motion a plan that had seeded during my time as the Sandaime Raikage. Kumogakure, despite its location in the heart of the Storm Mountains, was constantly under fire from outside forces. So what better way to avoid conflict than to disappear altogether. I had set up some plans but never had the chance to flesh out or initiate them before leaving. Somehow, they found where I was living in Stragaria and eventually convinced me to return with them to build it. I never got to see it finished, since I was on my way to Kirigakure to negotiate when the Chronovore struck.

Point being, at the time, we knew little of how the Plague functioned. But it had definitely picked up the rate it was spreading in recent years. It was entirely possible the crew was overtaken before the project was complete. Which only left me wondering what happened to the village after. There was only one real way to find out but now wasn't exactly the time. I still needed to gather my bearings and figure out what the hell was happening here and now.

I watched as Fiorzia, rather than speaking attempt to mime what she was trying to say. She tapped her lips and, when that didn't illicit a response from me, she made a kissing noise. I was starting to get the picture but still didn't understand the purpose. My brows furrowed slightly, expecting her to try something else. What I didn't expect was the sudden determination that lit in her eyes. With a sigh, she crawled over to me and, regardless of my attempt to move away out of discomfort, she forced herself into my lap pushed me back against the barricade I'd made. "Ah..." She was uncomfortably close to my face, enough that the scent of warmth and spring washed over me. It was a pleasing aroma but it didn't change my confusion and what I found to be outright embarrassment about the situation. Especially when she moved forward as if to kiss. Heat rushed into my cheeks and I quickly raised a hand between her face and mine, covering her mouth gently but firmly. "H-hey, now. I know you've been through a lot but I'm not--"

Her face slipped through my hand. She had a translucent body that made her look like a ghost, but after previous physical contact I hadn't actually thought she was one. Her lips planted against mine only briefly before she pulled away, taking...something with it. But it wasn't like she had stolen a part of me or anything. More like I had gifted her something.

Assuming my hands didn't just pass through her body, I lifted her out of my lap, providing a little breathing room after the awkward and strange exchange. "What the hell was that for?"

Counter | 10 / 200

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
☁ Survive

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃☁ e x p | 0100
┃☁ r y o | 0000
┃☁ c h a k r a | 150 / 150
┃☁ s t a m i n a | 150 / 150
┃☁ t r a n c e | 5 / 5
┃☁ m o o d | confused
┃☁ h e a l t h | fine
┃☁ i n j u r i e s | left shoulder & hip acting up [ 10 / 20 ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:37 pm
tab Lips pressed to yours she inhales deeply, and then retreats rapidly from his lap to the space she had previously rested in. Pulling her knees to her chest and with eyes narrowed in suspicion, perhaps expecting reproach, she opens her mouth and for once speaks a language you can understand clearly, for it is your own voice that issues forth, layered over in a dual tone with a feminine profile. "I am sorry, but this is how we learn to speak," is the response, arms hastily raised to cross her chest in the body language stereotype of one who sought to protect themselves.
tab She didn't wait for you to speak before continuing, her tone worried, and yet decisive. "I wish I could have waited to learn...but this is what had to happen. The Fade outside isn't giving us much leeway. This also won't last. So let me cut to the chase. You are Kaileer, Raikage, but why are you here?"
tab

Royal Taorito

Tenshuyami

BlackFruity

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:33 am
User Image

D - R A N K B U K I J U T S U - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

[x] The girl recoiled, retreating to her spot next to the fire and watching me as if she expected to be beaten for what she'd done. I was shocked, and a small part angry, but only because I hadn't expected it. Or maybe I had, given her earlier attempts to undress herself. My embarrassment faded away when she spoke in words I could understand. It was my voice... I think. I was still trying to adjust to the fact I was in my younger body again, aside from the scars that had evidently followed me. Anyway, a masculine voice overlayed with a feminine tone, like two people were speaking in sync with each other. My brows furrowed slightly as I watched her body language shift from fairly neutral to defensive. She really expected me to hit her, and I felt bad for snapping in response. But could I be blamed for my response? I didn't exactly like making attachments to people after everything that had happened.

Evidently though that was how her kind, whatever she was, learned to speak. By 'stealing' the voice of someone with the language they wished to know. Which confirmed, to some extent, that she had been able to understand me up until that point.

She continued on before I had a chance to respond, hurried and concerned. Her tone told a completely different story about her than the graceful girl I'd seen until this point. I understood her rush, but her word choice was clipped and blunt. The 'Fade', as she called it, outside of the apartment building didn't seem to have any intention of leaving us alone. It was likely only a matter of time before it got impatient and came in after me; I figured anyway, but it would have been great to have a chance to figure myself out before coming head-to-head with it. 'This' won't last, to which I assumed she meant the voice-stealing.

Her comment of 'Raikage' caught me off guard. I hadn't mentioned that at any point... right? Other than a passing thought, I was certain I hadn't. Unless she could read minds now too. I grimaced slightly. I was Shuhan more than Raikage, but I supposed no one here would really know that. "If you mean 'here' as in Tsukihara, I know about as much as you do. Myself and two others woke up here probably not even an hour ago." I hadn't really even thought about them until that point. Hopefully they'd been able to make it out okay, but with the Fade blocking the path back to them, I'd likely have to meet up with them again later. I glanced toward the covered window, thinking of the best course of action from there. "'Here' as in the time, I assume the Plague caught me. I don't know how much time has passed but I can guess quite a while." Looking back at Fiorzia, I shifted to sit a little more comfortably. "So from what little I've seen, humans no longer inhabit the city, and these 'Fades' have taken control. Are you one, too? You don't seem as... grotesque as the other two."

Counter | 11 / 200

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
☁ Survive

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

┃☁ e x p | 0500
┃☁ r y o | 0000
┃☁ c h a k r a | 150 / 150
┃☁ s t a m i n a | 150 / 150
┃☁ t r a n c e | 5 / 5
┃☁ m o o d | confused