Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2018)
Kitteh Faye Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:30 pm
Day # 15
Theme: Art Collector's Request

User Image

Personal Theme: Cloth/Clothing
Comments: Oh geez it's so messy and sketchy 'm so sorry it's a mess it was super last minute
I still hope you like it emo  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:26 pm
Day # 16
Theme: carrot in a skirt

User Image

Personal Theme: Anatomy
Comments: this is Carrot from One Piece. As soon as I saw the theme I had to do it.
I'm not on my computer right now so I'm using Google photos to upload and submit the work, but I will get it on DA tomorrow and fix my post if it's ok with the mods
fixed!  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:54 pm
Day # 17
Theme: Circus

User Image

Comments: It's a mess ugh I tried doing some shading to define it but it just turned it into a mess  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:48 pm
Day # 18
Theme: Witchsona

User Image

Comments: I'm kinda drained today cuz I was gonna give love to another OC with the Tokyo theme but there was also doing Autumn with the witchsona theme cuz she's a nature "witch" (the term witch doesn't seem right but it's the best human term to describe what she is I guess) but my brain just isn't working right now so the pose just wasn't there and I bs'd this piece really badly and I even drew it upside down in my sketchbook omfg I'm a mess goodnight emo  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:41 pm
Day # 19
Theme: color palette

User Image

Comments: super rushed cuz I spent a couple hours fighting with the pose and now I have to leave and will be out late so i needed to get something in and here it is ugh will fix later or something idk smh  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:54 pm
Day # 20
Theme: finish/improve

User Image

Comments: OMG LOOK AT IT I LOVE IT AHHHHHH

-------------------------
(editted in 3/28/2018 at 11:10pm Reason - never submitted it for whatever reason?)

Day # 20
Theme: Demon

User Image

Comments: completed jan 28th, added to post march 28th  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:45 pm
Day # 21
Theme: Saturn

User Image

Comments: So this is Aurora, and if you couldn't tell by the name she's kinda like a celestial being. I wanted to do a weird islamic/arabesque background but I just ran out of time.
Also I could not find a pose ref for this piece so I pretty much just winged it. Considering it looks fairly correct I guess it shows how much I've learned

Bonus image for yesterday's theme:
Day # 20
Theme: Demon
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:03 pm
Day # 22
Theme: Fishnet, Mirror

User Image

Comments: Gonna be honest, this one nearly broke me. I have an ungodly headache and I'm fighting burnout to the point of exhaustion and sobbing but I really honestly truly refuse to not do this ffs. My pencil won't even draw properly on the page anymore that's how many times I erased my work today. I hate how this turned out and I cringe at putting it up on DA but it's part of my 100 days so despite how much I utterly despise this piece it's going up.
I refuse to skip a personal goal/theme even in the event of my brain forgetting how to do anything
I refuse to skip a day unless I am literally dying
I refuse to not post something on my DA that I did for this event despite how much I may hate the work or myself for producing it
I'm being stubborn I know but if I can force my way through this through sheer willpower and stubborn maybe I'll learn something cuz I'm tired of crapping out on myself when I say I'll do something.  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:02 pm
Day 23

User Image

(Post your art in this section)

Submitted 6:43pm EST 2/1/18
Day # 23
Theme: Happiness

User Image

Personal Theme: Hair
Comments: My OC and my husband's OC cuddling together

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:06 pm
Day # 24
Theme: Insanity

Shadows move silent
Seeing things that are not there
Be sure not to blink

Comments: I had a bit of an emergency today with my fish tank. Apparently the sealant weakened and it started leaking. I just got a new tank but I need to clean it out and set it up and get my fish out of my water pitcher sweatdrop So here's a haiku for today. I'll actually get drawings done for yesterday and today at a later date

----------------------------------
Submitted 6:41pm EST 2/1/18
Day # 24
Theme: Fashion 1950s

User Image

Comments: Hair Study~~

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:41 pm
Day # 25
Theme: Cocktail

User Image

Comments: Succubus in a cocktail dress (I swear Lena needs to stop being an art whore sad )  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:07 pm
Day # 26
Theme: Classroom

User Image

Comments: No pose refs used. I fudged on the faces/eyes but otherwise it looks pretty good. Didn't realize I was drawing for a couple hours straight until hubby told me what time it was sweatdrop
Aurora (left), Lena (center), Autumn (right)  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:48 pm
Day # 27
Theme: Fancy Dessert, Rabbit

User Image

Comments: It's Lena, Autumn and Aurora in a bowl of melting cream, ice cream, chocolate syrup, strawberries and cherries. I was gonna give them rabbit ear headbands but I didn't get around to it.

So, here's the long story about this.
The other day I had a mishap with my fish tank. Well, my hubby and I are in a bit of a pinch financially, so we weren't able to do much about it. Luckily, a 10 gallon tank at Walmart (literally just the tank, no top, no filter, no nothing) only costs $15, so we were able to afford it. However, I upgraded from a 5 gallon to a 10 gallon, and so the water heater that I had was doing absolutely nothing, and one of my fish is not doing so good right now, either due to the stress of the new environment (I had let their water go pretty much all natural with a decent amount of algae, now they have fresh clean water again but that much of a jump might have been too much of a shock) or because of the water temp (goldfish actually do best in semi warm water). Luckily there was a gallery opening at the art center tonight, and whenever I cover for it (usually just help set the food out on the table and keep and eye on it, as well as covering the gift shop) the director will usually throw about $40 my way for the help.
Ho-ly ******** there were SO MANY PEOPLE TONIGHT. I basically hid in my studio the entire time (I have studio space at the art center <3 ) but trying to get anywhere that entire time was like playing frogger, just constantly dodging people. And I usually am heavily affected by the energy around me, so so many people in a condensed space was draining on my body trying to keep my 'energy bubble' up and filtering out what was around me.
I was able to doodle this up while hiding for a couple hours in my studio, but now that I'm home I'm basically falling asleep on myself so I can't really take it much further. It's actually done in non-photo blue pencil (which I use for my base lines) so i had to do a bit of level and contrast adjustment plus switch it to gray-scale to make it even remotely see-able ><;

tl;dr: I covered at the art center gallery opening to get money for a new fish tank heater but I'm utterly exhausted afterwards so here's a WIP  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:05 pm
Day # 28
Theme: Duckie Duckie Duckie

User Image

Comments: Will probs eventually turn it digital
also i'm bad at drawing rubber ducks sweatdrop  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100