Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:06 am
As he tried to part the sea of people, and managed it, Paej cringed inwardly as she followed him. She glared at the back of his head the entire time she did, apologizing to people who gave her looks because of him. The female Yaeli was so embarrassed right now.

"Why don't you try saying excuse me, or at least a pardon me?" She asked him. "You have no manners..."

Well that was obvious and she was just too hungry to really care anymore. He was very quickly draining what energy she had left.

PrinceFigment

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:37 am
Peppermint Coffee

As he heard her speaking from behind him, he cracked an eye. "I have plenty of manners. But it isn't like they'd move if I asked."

He tended to feel that just doing was far more productive, and honestly got far more results, than talking. So, he didn't bother with talking, when he needed something done. He just did. And it usually worked out. It was incredibly rare for it not to.

It took a few minutes, but he managed to break through the crowds at the outer edges, stopping just in front of a food table. Casting a glance back, he checked to see if Paej was still following him.  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:50 am
She was following, and still apologizing to those he was forcing out of the way. Gods above, Paej was getting more embarrassed by him by the second. Still, she kept her head high and gave him a withering stare.

He had manners, he just didn't want to use them, it seemed like. Paej rolled her eyes again and shook her head, almost fondly. It wasn't quite. They only met today but he was starting to grow on her. His stupid care free personality, and his stupid smile.

But they eventually got to the food and she took in a huge breath and slowly started to relax. Being fed would make Paej's day so much better. In hindsight she probably should have eaten before she left her house today, but she didn't think about it. Paej was so focused on getting here that she even forgot to grab a spare shawl in case wind whipped and took the one she had off. Oh well.

"Now, do they have cakes?"

PrinceFigment

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:08 am
Peppermint Coffee

Glancing down the table, he grinned as he grabbed what seemed to be the last of the cakes. "See, if we'd waited, you wouldn't have even gotten one."

He turned and offered it to her, barely aware of any less-than-cheerful glances the other festival goers were giving. It never really bothered him, since no one really spoke up about anything. Or if they did, he never heard it.

Really, his father dealt with most things after the fact. Jiaya did what he pleased, letting his dad handle the consequences, which never seemed to find their way back to the young yaeli. One of the perks of being god-touched, it seemed like, whether that was actually the case or not.  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:12 am
She quickly took the cake from him and handed the vendor the proper coin and a huge apology for her friend's actions and lack of manners yet again.

With her cake in her possession, the woman was finally cracking a little smile as she pinched some of the cake off and ate it happily. Paej let out a pleased noise before turning to look to Jiaya and snorted. "Which would have been okay. I would have waited for the next batch or found something else." She didn't want to try to drill it into his head to say please and thank you. She wasn't his mother, but he was sorely lacking manners, even if he had said he had them.

"But thank you."
PrinceFigment

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:00 am
Peppermint Coffee

Casting a sideways glance to Paej, he let loose an overexaggerated gasp. "Whoa, is that a smile? I didn't even know you could do that."

He grinned to her and shrugged. "I hate waiting."

The young man rarely waited, and not without quite a bit of complaint. It was tough for Jiaya to deal with not getting his way immediately. He nodded, though, at the thank-you. It was a little appreciation, which was more than he'd expected to get from Paej.

"So, you got food. What're your plans, now?"  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:00 am
Looking around, Paej frowned when she didn't see any open seats immediately. She couldn't outright hold the plate and eat her cake without squishing it to her chest. Paej's little pinch to taste was one thing, but eating it was entirely different.

A frown pulled back on her lips. So, instead of outright answering him, Paej took it upon herself to go to behind the stand that had the cake and sit there on her bum with her legs crossed.

"Now I'm going to eat it since I can't hold the cake and eat it at the same time. I don't want to make a huge mess."
PrinceFigment

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:12 am
Peppermint Coffee

"Hey, now there's the face I know." With no hesitation, he followed her over to her 'seat', planting himself beside her.

It hadn't occurred to him that she might need help with that sort of stuff. Not that she seemed much like she needed help. Shrugging, he looked out at the crowd. "Guess this's as good a place as any to eat."  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:22 am
"There's no where else," she said, making a vague motion with her hand after balancing her plate on her thigh. Paej started to eat properly now, using the little fork they gave her. The girl was quite happy now that she had her first bite.

"So what were you going to do here?" Might as well figure out what they were doing after this. She had something she wanted, so now it was time for Jiaya to do what he wanted. If he wanted her to offer him any cake, then he'd be waiting for a while. This was her. She didn't share her sweets. She rarely got them. A hum escaped her as she bobbed her head from side to side. "I mean, it's only fair."

PrinceFigment

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:48 pm
Peppermint Coffee

Jiaya shrugged lightly, "Dunno."

He rarely went into anything with a plan, instead just sort of going with the flow of things. There was no intention to make a friend, or to help that friend to get festival foods. He just sort of did things, usually without thinking much.

"Anything else you wanted to do?"  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:52 pm
She ate another bite of her cake and then thought about it for a moment. "....I guess we could just wander around looking for something to do." Paej tossed her hair out of her face with a jerk of her head, dislodging her glasses in the process. Perfect. She put the cake down for a moment and adjusted her glasses and hair before going to grab the rest of her cake.

"See if there's any games I can play.."
PrinceFigment

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:00 pm
Peppermint Coffee

"Bet there are." He glanced around, though there wasn't much to be seen from the vantage point behind the table. The crowds were still fairly packed, so visibility was definitely limited. "I mean, unless you just suck at games."

Weren't there usually some pretty simple stuff? There had to be, since even the kids got involved with the festivities. If it was easy enough for a kid, it had to be easy enough for a mostly-grown woman. Of course there were some people who just... weren't good at that sort of stuff. Maybe she just wasn't the athletic type.  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 pm
"Well, seeing how I have one arm, it's difficult for me to play a lot of the games. The ones where you throw things can sometimes be easy." Paej was thinking out loud now, finished with her cake now. Slowly she got up one more time and threw her trash away before looking off into the distance.

"Let's go."
PrinceFigment

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:21 pm
Peppermint Coffee

It sort of clicked, now, that she had trouble with some stuff, but he didn't really care too much. He stood with her, following behind. "Well, if it's too tough, we can find some kid to win the games for you."

He smirked slightly, teasing. It didn't seem to matter all that much, anyway, if the games were tricky or not. He usually managed to do something. It was fun to mess with Paej. Of course, if she actually needed help, he figured she'd say something about it.  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:52 am
She rolled her eyes when he said 'kid games' again. Apparently it just didn't click with him, but that was...okay. Paej wanted to be treated like a normal person, and that's what he was doing. A hand went through her hair, scratching her scalp before letting out a huge sigh.

"Kid games, yeah okay." She was being very sarcastic, but she hoped the playful tone also came out.
PrinceFigment

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces