[FIN][Yael] Make A Man Out Of You [Kaleth | Ko] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:02 am
Even though they were hauling around a large tankard of water, simply the act of walking and having some kind of refreshment was a break in and of itself. Ko was glad for it, and though it looked like they might not be getting any kind of reprieve themselves, it felt like a small victory to be able to at least give the other boys a chance for water as well.

As they approached, the instructor looked their way, signaling for activities to end once again. Ko set the thing down with Kaleth’s help, grinning despite himself. They'd made it after all. And Kal hadn't thrown up again!

“Well, look who decided to join us,” he mused, checking the contents of the jug to ensure it had what they needed. “I had thought you might not come back at all and lie down somewhere for a power nap, but it seems that two was enough to get thejob done.”

“Unfortunately…” he chided, gesturing to the other boys who were looking desperately despondent at the pair of them and the water in tow. “Break is now over. You took too long. But…” He scratched his shaved chin, giving the jug a hearty smack. “Seems a waste for the water to get warm in the sun, since it is turning out to be a scorcher of a day.”

You could practically see the hope burning in the boys’ eyes, a sea of eager throats waiting for the words to come.

“Might as well drink it before it tastes like hot swill.” There was an audible exhale from the students, grinning quietly. “Line up. And…you.” He pointed to a freckle faced boy. “You'll be dispensing it. Try not to spill.”

As the rest of the students jostled to get into a prime spot in line for the water, he held his hand up, blocking Ko and Kaleth’s way.

“Not you two. I'm sure you already drank your fill.”

You could almost hear Ko's heart drop in his ribcage.

“But, since everyone else is busy anyways…you don't really have anything to do. Might as well sit this out.”

Ko was almost too scared to move, like he had misheard him.

“Now.”

The boy grinned, looking from Kaleth back to their instructor, before chirping happily. “Yes Sir!” And then proceeded to collapse arms splayed onto the grass.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:04 am
Kaleth wasn’t certain what to expect. He knew they couldn’t have been timely enough for the instructor to keep the others on break the entire time. But it would have been essentially impossible to. He felt a part of him had known that the moment he’d set out. It wasn’t a real achievable mission, at least not entirely the way it had been couched: just framed so as to emphasize that it was important he move as quickly as he could or there would be consequences.

In truth, he suspected it was just another test to see if he would give up completely, collapse somewhere and not return for hours or at all. And, sure enough, the first words out of the man’s mouth seemed to confirm it, which was enough to satisfy Kaleth.

Hah. We did it, see?

Fortunately, he managed to keep his mouth shut. Actions, in this case, spoke louder than words, and to him it was only most important that his persistence showed, and that they exceeded expectations. As the instructor opted to have the water passed out, this was further pleasing. For all that he didn’t overly care about anyone else in the training regiment, they had lugged it all the way here, and now their peers ought to appreciate their efforts.

Drink that, and know I ran all morning and then carried it to you.

When the instructor stopped them, Kaleth had barely begun to move. They had drank their fill, after all. But the brief tension in his shoulders was for something other than that: he half expected to be told he would need to run more laps as the others took their water break. Instead, at Might as well sit this out, Kaleth dropped immediately to the grass with a grunt—and glanced up to where Ko was still standing like a startled prey animal.

Now.

A tiny smirk played across Kal’s lips as Ko chirruped and popped down to a flop beside him. Kaleth shut his eyes, and for just a minute, appreciated the serenity of sun on his face, a mop of grassy earth beneath him, and not having to move a muscle. It was, of course, entirely too short-lived, but it was perfect for the moments that it existed, and even as the water break came to an end, Kaleth felt better. Hungry, even. While the other boys were called to order, Kaleth pushed to a stand, hovering uncertainly.

Was he free to rejoin them yet?

The instructor’s gaze landed upon him. He felt an unasked for knot in his gut, but managed to hold himself still and straight, eyes on the other man. “And you, grunt…”

“Yes, sir,” Kaleth responded.

“Do you think you have made enough of a show of yourself to manage joining us, now?”

I think I can manage anything you expect of me and more. Kaleth hesitated, gaze flitting only very briefly to the line of his peers before moving back to the instructor.

“I asked you a question, grunt.”

“I don’t think, sir,” Kaleth said. “On this field, I follow orders, sir.”

The man eyed him, and after a moment, notched his head toward the other boys. “Very well, mister Galhn. Join your peers.”

Kaleth stifled an audible sigh of relief, and moved to slip into rank with the rest. He hoped he was just imagining the look of amusement on the man’s face as he surveyed his recruits. Then:

Everyone is doing laps. I expect ten, from each of you — except you, mister Galhn, as I think you have demonstrated you are capable of making fifteen — upon completion, you may consider yourself dismissed to your next course for the day. I suggest you be prompt, lest you be late. All of you begin again on this field at the same hour tomorrow. Go.”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:08 am
Ko was practically rolling around in the grass like a kitten in a field of catnip, that was how happy he was to just be off his feet. By the end of it all, he surely had bits of foliage stuck in his curls when he stood up once again. He was still plenty tired, but re-energized at the same time, ready to take on whatever the man wanted to throw at him next. And he was additionally gladdened by the fact that Kaleth seemed to be done with his rebellious streak, taking the orders that came at him without any snark.

When they started jogging out to the track, he even got a pat on the shoulder from another boy who quickly passed him, but not before muttering in a breath, “Thanks for the water.”

Eyes widening, Ko grinned at his backside, piping happily, “You're welcome!” He could see the boy’s shoulders hunch up to his ears, rejoining his gaggle of friends who proceeded to prod teasingly at him with their fingers and questions. It only occurred to Ko a moment later that he might not have meant for it to be heard by anyone else but him. Whoops.

Meanwhile, he did his best to pop in next to Kaleth again, keeping pace with him as he puffed. “You know, you're really stubborn.” And then shrugged with a gap toothed grin. “But at least not too stubborn.”  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:01 am
Everyone is doing laps.

Kaleth had to stifle the noise that built up in his throat at just the thought-

But it was fine. He could manage it. This was what he was here for. And somehow, even when he was called out again — fifteen — he only squinted in passing as he moved for the track. It was punishment in a sense. A residual reminder that his acts of moderate rebellion had not been forgotten. But at the same time, it still managed to feel like a compliment, and a challenge. The man had said his name. That was what he was going for, and if this was the price, surely it was bearable.

Worth it.

He could handle it, after all, and he would show that man and everyone here.

He even might have been stupid enough to try managing it all himself before the last boy finished his ten, except — gods if he wasn’t tired still, and here came Ko. He decided to blame his initial pace on Ko. He was going to maintain a moderate tempo for his sake. Definitely entirely for Ko’s sake.

“Nnh,” he managed. “You’re really crazy. But not too crazy. Besides…if I’m stubborn, it’s only because it gets me what I want, sometimes…”

Then, as he glanced out at the track and the rest of the boys, some having already darted on ahead, pushing their bodies to finish and show they could, the itch of competition sparked again. His eyes scanned the bunch, eventually moving back as they pulled forward. Ko was small, but he was light and full of the most vibrant energy. Of all things, even with his short legs, it wasn’t surprising that he might manage this particular exercise well, but sure enough, already behind them were a few stragglers. Kaleth’s gaze stopped on one in particular, a flushed, slightly rotund boy, not short in the least, but clearly struggling for all his weight, who managed to look like he was dying before the final round had even begun.

“I bet…” Kaleth panted, ignoring his body’s silent protests, “I can get all mine in, before he finishes…”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:39 am
Ko glanced back at who Kaleth might be referring to, searching for the most likely candidate. And when he saw him, Ko could not help but feel bad for the overweight boy, who looked like he was already regretting all of his life choices. He was not doing fantastic himself, but the break had done much to rekindle his spirit, and hopefully, if he kept this pace and didn't trip, he might actually be able to finish without dragging himself across the finish line.

“Everything doesn't have to be a competition, you know,” he said, poking Kaleth in the side gently.

“But…if you really want to do that…” he mused with a wry little grin. “You're going to have to run faster than me eventually!”

And then he took off, arms and legs pumping as he ran down the track. It was probably a stupid idea. There was no way he could maintain it. But something inside of him wanted to give Kal a run for his money, and maybe, just maybe, impress Kal a little bit as much as he had impressed him.  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff