Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantaisie City

Back to Guilds

The hardest part is opening your heart... 

Tags: Roleplay, Literate, Romance, Slice of Life, Secrecy 

Reply ღ Affluent Area
Grand Library Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:15 pm
User Image
★·.·´¯`·.·★ Princess Rei L. Riberu ★·.·´¯`·.·★

mσσd∂: Calm, relaxed ↛ wíth: Seth ↛ lσcαtíσn: Grand Library ↛ σutfít

Princess Rei simply nodded once in acknowledgement as Seth passed by her with the books in hand. Softly, she walked into the area to search for something to read. Quickly scanning through one shelf to her right, there was one dark sapphire blue hard cover book with a faded gold title, "Legacy of Ancient Vampire Clans." A slight look of curiousness crossed her face as the princess reached to grab the book from the shelf, using her sleeve to brush the dust off the cover. Turning on her heels, Rei brought it out of the room and carried it as she made her way to sit at the same table like before. Once Rei was seated, she noticed Seth had been at a separate table close by, which she didn't mind. Placing the book on the table before her, the princess turned the pages until she found the beginning of some various vampire lineages.; Some were quite large family trees, though not many by the time she made it to the middle of the book. 'Hmm, why is this one left barely finished? It looks oddly familiar, but... I don't recognize all the names. This must've been printed long before my time.' Rei thought observantly, noting the family name was clearly from her father's side. Using a blank piece of paper from the pile by the can of writing utensils, the princess grabbed the black pen from before and began taking notes.; She did her best to summarize what she'd just read, to the best of her ability. Once finished after a few minutes, Rei attempted to draw on a separate piece of paper.; A simple portrait of Seth as he sat there reading. The princess worked at the details, giving him a more relaxed expression before continuing with the rest. She wished she could've spoken to him a bit longer, however, Rei truly had no idea where to begin other than helping Seth to find the books he sought after. Instead, this time around felt a bit different compared to being around her family back home. Her gaze shifted back towards the odd looking mask he kept for a few moments, which wasn't like any she'd recognized. Then again, it appeared to have quite a unique design.; Eventually, Rei once again kept her focus on the picture she'd been drawing, making sure to get the details just right.

[օօƈ]:
A-T

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:56 pm
User Image
Seth Richard

- - - - - - - -

Turning to the first index page noted in the table of contents, Seth's fingers gently flipped through the next several pages until all descriptors starting with "B" appeared before his eyes. Seth flipped to the next page. The first term, "Bind," pointed to multiple pages elsewhere in the shady codex, none of them relevant to Seth's search. What did draw his gaze sat on the right-hand page with at least a half dozen page entries clustering around the 300-page mark. Blood? Wait, there's another: Blood magic? Sounds like my luck has returned. Keeping the book opened to its current page, Seth opened and booted his laptop, a boxy, midnight ebony anachronism contrasting sharply with the Grand Library's elegant Victorian decor. It was clear to any casual passerby who skimmed the screen for a moment that this machine was built strictly for productivity; instead of a familiar Windows or MacOS splash screen, amber text on a black background rendered on the display, prompting the current user for their username and password. Only after Seth entered "SilverGhost" as his username along with his password did the minimalist display yield to a familiar desktop environment. Several seconds later, the words "blood," "blood magic," and roughly twelve page numbers were hastily typed into a command line-based editor.

Vampirism. Looks like… Yeah, it shares some page numbers with ‘blood’ and ‘blood magic.’ Stopping on the first "V" section in the book, Seth took no more than ten seconds to identify and type down the page numbers for that stomach-churning word. His condition. The one giving him grief for more than a year and a half by this point was, at minimum, mentioned in this text. His initial search complete, Seth flipped what were several hundred pages back in one sweep, landing him right on the mark: Vampirism: My Observations was written next to the section number in the header. Below, a black-and-white sketch of an unassuming male staring out of the page preceded an opening statement: Vampirism in all my years of xenomedical studies stands out as a particular condition…” Relaxing in triumph over his efforts, Seth peeked over to Rei’s table: The woman seemed engrossed in drawing something, though Seth’s angle and distance made it impossible to make out whatever creation she might be working on. Going back to his book, the following page essentially rehashed what he’d already known and suspected: Vampirism was hereditary, though the specifics varied between “bloodlines” or “strains.” In some strains of vampirism, photosensitivity was present whereas other elemental vulnerabilities afflicted vampires in other bloodlines. No, there was no known cure for vampirism (s**t), only management of 'sanguine thirst,' as this book euphemistically called Seth's semiweekly activity… Turning to the next page, Seth yawned as he shifted in his seat, starting his read-through of his condition’s history. Even if this text proved useless, it might point to other texts already present on the table or somewhere else entirely in the library.

- - -

Mood: Focused
Company: Princess Rei Riberu
Outfit: A black sweater, dark gray cargo trousers, and black leather boots.

Princess Zelda21

A-T

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:27 pm
User Image

The princess had soon finished her picture she'd done of Seth, putting the pen aside for the moment. Her gaze shifted back towards the strange book he had open, noticing the cover was quite old, much like the one she was using. From her perspective, he had a strange machine upon his lap which she didn't recognize.; Perhaps it was something most people use quite frequently from what she'd noticed of the current technology. *Um, pardon me, but what uncommon medical condition are you researching?* Rei inquired telepathically to him, her expression one of slight curiousness. She had no idea why he carried such an odd device, but that didn't matter, for he likely had his reasons to which she dared not pry too far at this point. Princess Rei waited silently, her gaze turning back to face Seth. 'I hope I'm not being too invasive...' she thought observantly, for it wasn't every day she'd get the chance to be among other people besides those who resided within her mother's homeland. For some reason, she left the book she was reading open to the pages she had been reading as if out of habit.; A particular book she intended to check out for her own research purposes.

[օօƈ]:
A-T

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:25 pm
User Image
Seth Richard

- - - - - - - -

’Among the more peculiar abilities known within some Vampire bloodlines reportedly include transforming parts or all of their bodies; Blood Bonding, psionic manipulation, and, in a few cases, controlling their own thirst in hostile situations…’ Blood bonding? Psionic manipulation? Moving his laptop back onto the table, Seth tapped down two additional lines of notes into his text file. Whatever the author meant by “blood bonding” and “psionic manipulation” could only be speculated about by his reader at this moment, but an unnerving hunch was building. Flipping the page over, Seth started to read the first line when Rei’s voice hummed through his head. Or was it her voice? Jerking up in his chair, a pair of startled silver eyes shot over to Rei’s table. ”My apologies. I did not quite hear- did you ask about the book I’m reading?” Glancing down at his own text, Seth sandwiched his thumb between both reams of pages and closed the volume gently, forming an impromptu bookmark with the digit. Standing from his chair, Seth walked around his table and towards the open seat opposite from Rei’s. His stomach sank nervously when Seth noticed the drawing Rei had finished a moment ago; despite appearing upside down from his perspective, that messy hair and familiar visage was unmistakably his own. But why? Surely there were other artifacts hidden around this joint the Princess could have discovered on her own time, but now his face was immortalized on parchment. Parchment which might be discovered and used to link his presence to this Library.

Seth didn't drop his feigned curious expression even after he pulled up his seat before the Princess. Play it cool, man... Setting down the book, Seth reopened the text to where his thumb separated the reams of pages, looking up to meet Rei's sapphire-like orbs. "Vampirism is what I'm studying for... personal reasons. Someone I might happen to know had a sudden thirst for blood days ahead of their schedule; I came to try and discover why that happened." Well, the street urchin technically knew himself, right? No point in telling her more than she needs to know about me. From Rei's seat, one would be able to make out the header and perhaps some of the page's contents concerning vampiric abilities from Seth's open book. "I figured that this library in the City might have information concerning the condition, unlike the branch library near where I live. Your help has, again, saved me hours of research time."

- - -

Mood: Nervous | Guarded

Princess Zelda21

A-T

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:25 pm
User Image

mσσd∂: Calm, uncertain ↛ wíth: Seth ↛ lσcαtíσn: Grand Library ↛ σutfít

It wasn't often she'd get to speak face to face with different people, even in a public library. Regardless, the atmosphere in the building alone was very relaxing. Princess Rei listened for a while as Seth spoke after he sat across from her at the table. "I'm glad I could point you in the right direction for your research." she replied calmly. Pausing for a moment, Rei noticed Seth's gaze shifted towards the picture she drew briefly. By his current actions, she had a feeling he didn't seem all that comfortable. "Sometimes... I tend to draw pictures of people in case I ever forget what they look like.; Other times, I draw different things. Hope you don't mind." the princess added. Taking the old red ribbon in the book on the table before her, she used it to mark the pages she stopped at which contained a record of her father's side of the family. Clearly there was something on his mind, but alas, she dared not intrude lest she get on his bad side. "It's never easy to deal with, being a vampire. To this day, most of the upper class nobles back home consider me an outcast... unfit to be a ruler." The princess let out a shaky sigh, using her free hand to try and wipe away a few stray tears from her eyes.; 'Twas difficult to try and keep such bad memories buried, but Rei did her best to ignore it all for the moment. "S-Sorry...." Rei apologized in a rather slightly nervous voice while trying to recompose herself. She felt terrible for making a scene, for she wasn't used to interacting with many people she'd come across.

[օօƈ]:
A-T

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:32 pm
User Image
Seth Richard

- - - - - - - -

"How... interesting. Looks like you've done a good job from my perspective; I suppose I am a remembered visitor now," Seth replied, sparing a second awkward look at the portrait. Not bad at all for a fifteen minute sketch. She drew my face better than that street artist did two years back. For an ad-hoc sketch, Rei managed to nail Seth’s facial structure; she accurately rendered his lips, nose, and eyes as far as Seth could see from the upside-down portrait. ”I will admit I’m impressed, honestly. Are you an art student?” If Rei studied art at the nearby university, that would explain her aptitude.

”It’s never easy to deal with, being a vampire. To this day, most of the upper class nobles back home consider me an outcast… unfit to be a ruler.” Seth lowered his gaze, focusing on his opened book. Between evading security patrols, picking locks, and lugging home a month’s worth of sustenance at a time... Something did not rest easy with the vampire male. ”It’s fine; no need to apologize…” Seth’s whisper trailed off. No, she was not completely at fault… His fingers curled tightly into a fist: Unfit to be a ruler? A small tear dripped onto the yellowed page from his nose tip. ”I- I must assume getting sustenance is not difficult for you, though. Your monarchy probably supplies every fluid ounce of blood for you to survive. I’m sorry that your court sees you as an inept heir simply because you need to consume blood to survive. At least you don’t need to raid hospitals like I- my ‘friend’ does.” Welp. If Rei picked up on his slip, there went his cover. However, Seth could not stop crying himself as three more tears fell upon the older text; he had no room to panic. ”Sorry if that’s not the case. The person I know struggles to stay fed. They must steal from blood banks on a near-weekly basis.; he doesn’t exactly have the resources to source blood products on the open market.”

- - -

OOC: I’ve been out this whole week. D; Sorry.
Mood: Impressed | Envious

Princess Zelda21

A-T

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:50 pm
User Image

The princess only shook her head no in response to Seth's question. After a moment, Rei glanced back towards him despite her current state. "My mother taught my sister and I how to draw." she answered simply. Rei fell silent for a while, listening to him as she wiped the tears from her eyes.; It seemed as though he must've understood what she dealt with, being different than most people. Letting out a shaky sigh, Princess Rei could see he seemed a bit upset as well. "N-Not exactly. I... I'm used to animal blood than from other people. Although, there are times I forget to feed." She soon managed to relax for a bit, sitting back in her chair. The last thing she needed was to be humiliated, however, talking with Seth felt a bit more normal than what she expected to begin with since he came to the library. Getting up from her seat, the princess strolled over towards the other table where he had been. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a small sapphire handkerchief with her father's clan symbol stitched onto it; A lunar eclipsed crescent moon overlapping the sun. Princess Rei stood by him on the right, giving him the handkerchief to wipe his eyes. "Here... keep it, if you'd like." She waited patiently, managing to smile timidly. He didn't seem like a horrible person, unlike most within her mother's court. This was the least she could do to try and make things less uneasy for the moment. "W-Would you like to come over for dinner sometime? I've... recently moved here." Rei inquired, hoping she wasn't intruding or being too forward with him.

[օօƈ]: It's ok, life happens!
A-T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:01 pm
User Image
Seth Richard

- - - - - - - -

"So you've practiced on your own? Best I can manage are a few stick figures; it takes a few thousand hours of practice to master a new skill, or so I've heard. You have dedication." The pleb bowed his head, taking the sapphire handkerchief into his hand and rubbing his face dry of beading tears. The texture was soft and smooth. Smoother than some microfiber cloths he'd use to clean his personal electronics back home. "Why, thank you," Seth began, folding the cloth lengthwise. Looking up from the Idemque Arcane's pages, his tearstained face relaxed. "I owe you an apology- or two, actually. First, I apologize for not being forthright. The 'friend' I've been referring to? He's me. Second, I also apologize for my dismissive tone. You are right; it isn't easy being a vampire. I assumed that, as a royal, you might have a less difficult time getting by. That, of course, does not absolve your monarchy's nobles of their discriminatory attitudes," the ash head quickly added. As for the blue handkerchief, it found its way into one of Seth's cargo pockets, its surface slightly damp from absorbing the vampire male's tears. An audible click could be heard as Seth snapped the pocket's fastener together. "I think I would like to join you for dinner, actually. Probably not tonight as I need to finish reading these texts, but I would be interested in meeting tomorrow evening for some grub." A faint smile formed on his lips. "Same here. I came into this city last autumn once I managed to spare some funds for a place. I live someplace downtown to give an idea of my housing situation, but I can hail a cab or rideshare service to reach wherever you'd like."
- - -

Mood: Calm

Princess Zelda21

A-T

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:33 pm
User Image

A small smile crossed the princess's face as she heard Seth speak. It wasn't often she'd get compliments on her artwork, besides from a few people she knew of back home. "It's alright, I forgive you. At least you were honest." Rei answered calmly. She was grateful to at least gain Seth's trust, hopefully as a long time friend. Though there was clearly a lot to learn about both the town and the people who reside. Her expression was a slight mix of happiness and contentment all at once when she heard him answer her request. In truth, Rei didn't mind a change of scenery once in a while. Perhaps this time around, living in Fantasie City wouldn't be as terrible as she'd imagined. Taking a pencil in hand from off the table, Rei wrote down her address, 109 Aether District, then handed it to Seth. "That would be great. Um, how about at my place? I can do the cooking." she suggested, though in truth, she was unsure what sort of food her new friend would like.

[օօƈ]:
A-T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:24 pm
User Image
Seth Richard

- - - - - - - -

Receiving Rei's note, Seth rotated the paper sheet right-side up and took a brief look at the text. "109 Aether District? I'll have to look that address up when I get back to my place, but I should be free by... Say, seven PM? I mean, I can arrive by the late afternoon, but I find that the sun hastens my intervals between feedings for some unknown reason. Bit of a pain when I'm already struggling to source blood products." Picking up his book, the vampire let out a pleasant sigh as he surveyed the open pages: None of Seth's tears stained the classic tome. Paying for book damages was one less thing on this vampire's mind. "I will be in the computer lab doing my research. I'm expecting to print out a lot of take-home documentation and learn more about myself. It's a pleasure meeting you, Princess Riberu." Bowing his head again, Seth began closing and stuffing his laptop inside the black compact backpack before he slid his free arm through the right strap. "I hope your reading goes well." In a matter of minutes, Seth had his bundled mask sandwiched between his chest and the stack of reference materials; and the ash head proceeded down a row of bookshelves, disappearing behind the door marked by the bronze heater shield.

- - -

Mood: Calm

Princess Zelda21

A-T

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 pm
User Image

Princess Rei could only nod once in agreement to Seth's suggestion. She politely waved to him as he left for the computer lab. Looking back at the book she had on the other table, the princess went to retrieve it and carried it towards the front desk. After checking it out, Rei used the bag she was given to place the book in, which did indeed come in handy. Throughout the rest of the day, the princess went about the library putting other books on the shelves, dusting and making sure some of the documents were in place. At last, she came to the area where she last found the books containing other types of subjects, most being medical related. Using the feather duster, Rei did her best to clean some of the shelves before her shift was over. 'I suppose today didn't end so terribly after all. He... certainly was a unique gentleman.' she thought observantly, barely smiling a little as she hummed the same tune from before, continuing her task until closing time came around.

[օօƈ]:
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:31 pm
User Image

mσσd∂: Calm, relaxed ↛ wíth: No one ↛ lσcαtíσn: Grand Library ↛ σutfít

It was quite a cold summer morning, the sky being covered in dark grey clouds instead of the usual hot sunshine. Despite being soaked a bit, she didn't mind the change of weather. Princess Rei had been inside the Grand Library since she arrived quite early before sunrise, just in time to open the doors to the citizens of the city. She had on her her usual royal attire like always.; A simple elvish style, medium violet dress that went down to her ankles with matching flats and tiara, leaving her long raven hair down out of habit. Rei's focus remained on her current task of gathering books that were left on a few empty tables. She softly hummed a tune she'd made up, making up notes despite it being much like a sad lullaby while she worked. 'Hmm, it's been a while since anyone came around. I suppose I'll be the only one working here well into the late hours once more, which isn't so bad. ' Rei thought observantly as she passed by a shelf on her left near the entrance, pausing to place some non-fiction books in their proper spots. Truly, the rain outside would be quite welcoming, according to the weather report from the daily paper she'd read earlier. Regardless of the odd silence, Rei put the last of the books on the upper shelf in front of her, a bit lost in thought while passing by a very antique, medieval style mirror hanging upon the wall.; Likely kept in good condition by the library owner from what she observed.

[օօƈ]:
Cho-Cho Twain

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Cho-Cho Twain
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:41 pm
User Image

DahliaxxBardot

The Mirror Witch

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

The morning had started off normally as any other day. It seemed like Fantaisie was greeted with more rain, but it was fine in her book. The rain kept it from being scorching hot. Besides, the sound of the rain hitting the ground or the glass on windows was a rather peaceful sound. Dahlia learned to take more appreciation of different sounds and scents since in the mirror void, it was silent. No sound, no scents, nothing. The woman had kept herself cooped up in her house long enough, so she thought it was decent enough to go out and wander around a bit. If she could do it in the snow, then she sure as hell could do it in the rain. It actually gave her a bit of musical inspiration.

Heading out with her guitar in hand, Dahlia decided to see if the ground library would have any music sheets to practice with. She hadn't played in a while and figured that she could check some music books or music sheets out for practice. As the silver-haired woman entered the building, her eyes scanned through the different aisle of books.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
xxxx

MOOD: Neutral
      COMPANY: Stranger
      OUTFIT: In the pic
      OOC:
Princess Zelda21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
User Image

mσσd∂: Calm, relaxed ↛ wíth: White haired lady ↛ lσcαtíσn: Grand Library ↛ σutfít

While putting some books away on the middle shelf of the world history section, the princess thought she heard the door open. She paused briefly, listening as the main door opened then closed several yards away towards her far left. Letting out a tired sigh, Rei placed the last book in her hand upon the shelf in front of her before turning around to go and greet the stranger. 'How odd, I thought most people avoided places like this during colder days.' Rei thought observantly. As she went on towards the area, silently out of habit, she approached the white haired lady from the aisle on the right, pausing in her tracks. "Good morning, may I help you find something?" Rei greeted softly in her usual calm, timid voice, managing to smile a little. The lady appeared to be slightly older than herself, dressed much like the high class nobles she'd encountered back home.; Yet there was a lot that seemed different about the woman, from what she could tell. Rei waited patiently as ever, curious to visit, even if only for a short time.

[օօƈ]:
Cho-Cho Twain

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Cho-Cho Twain
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:09 pm
User Image

DahliaxxBardot

The Mirror Witch

Dahlia was glancing through the plethora of books in the current aisle that she was in when a timid voice caught her attention. Sliver eyes lifted themselves up from the books towards the source of the voice and caught a woman with long raven hair in her sights. She must've been a worker if she was asking if she had needed help. " I'm just wondering if this library has a section for music? Just need a few music sheets to practice from, that's all. " She replied with a rather monotone voice. Dahlia was sure with a library this large that there should be at least a small section for what she was looking for. Well, she had hoped at least. If this library proved to not have what she was looking for, it wouldn't be a huge problem. She could always just find something else to look for. Maybe a mystery based book, or perhaps one based on fantasy and folklore.

xxxx

MOOD: Neutral
      COMPANY: Stranger
      OUTFIT: In the pic
      OOC:
Princess Zelda21

ღ Affluent Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers