Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2019)
[H] mythological irony Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:32 pm
Day # 15
Theme: cafe

Written entry
Dani had a way of mucking up all my plans. All I had wanted to do was grab my coffee and get the hell out of the cafe as soon as possible, but she came flying in from outside, her dark hair in tangles and her eyes bright. She grabbed my arm, nearly making me spill my drink, and pulled me to a table.

“Holy s**t, Lev, what the hell happened?” she asked.

I stared at her in silence for a second, noting the dark circles under her eyes, and her hair was more than just tangled--it didn’t look like she’d brushed for a week, if not more.

“Lev!”

I looked down at the paper cup in my hands, suddenly without any desire to drink its contents as I thought back on what had happened the last time Dani and I were together.

I’d almost killed her.

Why was she even anywhere near me after that?

She reached over the tabletop and grabbed my hand, and I realized she was shaking. I looked up into her face and I wanted to tell her how sorry I was, but no apology would ever fix what happened. So instead, I just looked away again, staring off toward the front counter, where the cashier eyed me with distrust.

Dani slapped her hand down on the tabletop.

“Look at me dammit!” she said, her voice rising to a scream that had everyone in the cafe looking at her. Everyone except me.

Her hand slid back to her side of the table and from the corner of my eye I saw her slump in her seat.

“It wasn’t your fault,” she said. “I know it might have seemed like I thought that, you know, at the time, but I was just scared. But I know it wasn’t your fault. Okay?”

Finally, I faced her. Her eyes shimmered with tears and she looked so hopeful, like she honestly thought that things could be fixed. But she didn’t get it. She didn’t understand. It was more than the fact I had almost killed her; it was that I had wanted to kill her. I liked to pretend I was different from the Nekriki, that they were monsters and that I was somehow still humane, but when it came down to it, I was just as capable of becoming a monster as them.

“Please, Lev,” Dani whispered. “Just talk to me. I need to know.”

“You should probably stay away from me,” I said.

She pressed her lips together. “What? Are you going to tell me that your too dangerous for me to be around? Don’t throw that cliched crap at me, alright?”

“Look, Dani, things aren’t the same anymore.”

She lowered her head into her hands, her fingers twisting through her curls. “That man…this is his fault.”

I pushed the cup of coffee to the side, knowing there was definitely no chance of me touching it now, especially not with half the people in the cafe blatantly staring and the other half surreptitiously staring.

“Bowen opened my eyes,” I said.

Dani’s head snapped up. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, I’m part of the Nekriki now. So you shouldn’t come see me anymore. It’s that simple.”

I stood up and started toward the door, but Dani snatched my wrist. I could probably pull myself free without much trouble, yet…Dani deserved resolution. If she wasn’t convinced that it was better for us to be apart, then she would never get over it.

“Levin,” she said and when I looked back at her, there was fight in her eyes. Apparently, it would take more to convince her than I was thinking. “If you’re part of that weirdo cult, then why are you here getting coffee?”

“Old habits die hard.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“You don’t need to.”

Her grip tightened ever so slightly and then she stood up, facing me. “This world can be better. We were going to make it better, and we still can.”

I glanced around at the other customers and the lone cashier watching. One woman had her phone pointed at us, probably recording a video, in case I turned violent as they all expected I probably would.

I turned back to Dani and finally pulled my wrist free.

“This world is s**t and should burn,” I told her.

Her eyes widened and she shook her head.

I turned away from her and made my way to the door, pushing it open and stepping out into the heat. I took one glance back at Dani. She was watching me, her eyes still wide, but her hands were curled into fists at her sides and she looked like she might chase me down. I faced forward.

The sad thing was that we probably could have made some sort of difference, and I liked Dani. She was fun and quirky and she had given me hope when I really needed it. I owed her, but I owed Bowen more. He had saved my life, and that had to be repaid.

I heard the cafe door open but I didn’t stop to see if it was Dani following me out and hurried around the corner.

Comments: An excerpt from my story Blood Song.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:59 pm
Day # 16
Theme: splatter

User Image  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:09 pm
Day # 17
Theme: weekly theme: hairstyles

User Image

Comments: Yeah...I really suck at hairstyles. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Day # 18
Theme: spirit challenge

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:32 pm
Day # 19
Theme: spirit challenge

User Image

Comments: So I ended up changing what I was doing and did the second option. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:34 pm
Day # 20
Theme: finish/improve (day 14)

User Image  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:14 pm
Day # 21
Theme: design a movie poster

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:41 pm
Day # 22
Theme: goddess

User Image

Comments: My star goddess, of course. 3nodding  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:16 pm
Day # 23
Theme: color palette

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:58 pm
Day # 24
Theme: caught red-handed

Phera and Lakin had been right, and I hated myself for being so stupid and desperate and willing to believe anything Alios told me.

Alios. That name. He’d told me from the very beginning that name had been given to him, but I’d assumed he’d been named after the monster, not that he was the monster.

And I had been planning on freeing him, setting a damn monstrous demon loose on the ********, how stupid could I be?

I rubbed furiously at the rune on my hand. I wanted it off; I didn’t want to be associated with Alios any longer but he had told me that there was no way to break the contract and that as long as the contract was in place…well, Alios wasn’t going anywhere.

But…

If he had lied about everything else, then maybe he had lied about that too, and my best hope was to bring the cursed knife to Lakin and Phera and see if they could do anything about it. All I had to do was grab it and walk away.

And hope that Alios didn’t catch me, of course.

He had left a little while ago saying he’d be back in an hour, so now was my chance. I made my way over to where the knife lay next to my pack and picked it up. The runes running along the blade seemed to glow brighter and the back of my hand itched.

I grabbed my bag too--no point in leaving it behind, since I probably wasn’t going to come back--and turned around, nearly screaming in surprise when I found Alios standing there. His eyes were on the knife and then slowly rose to my face. He was quiet, just watching me.

I wanted to drop the bag, but I was afraid that would bring more attention to it, so instead I held it and hoped he didn’t question why I needed it. I could come up with an excuse for why I was holding the knife but what reason did I have to be carrying my bag around with me too?

“You’re back early,” I said, surprised that my voice didn’t break.

“I went to visit an old friend but things didn’t work out.”

“Oh.”

Alios attention was still directly fully at my face, and I was worried that he could see the terror in my eyes.

“What are you doing?” he asked, his eyes shifting to look at the knife.

“Well, you told me not to lose it.”

Alios smiled. “Good thing you know how to take orders.”

I gave a shaky laugh. “Yeah, I definitely won’t be losing it again.”

A couple more tense moments passed and then Alios moved past me, close enough that his arm brushed against mine and his leg bumped my bag. Thankfully, he didn’t seem to notice and just kept walking, so I quickly set it back down, breathing a sigh of relief.

I had no idea what Alios would do to me if he found out I was trying to run away and break the contact between us. He probably wouldn’t kill me, but only because he needed me. But would he still need me if I no longer wanted to help him?

s**t. Maybe he would kill me.

I pressed my hands shook and I held them against my stomach to try and still them.

“Do you want to know what happened?” Alios asked from behind me.

I turned around to find him seated by the fire-pit. He looked, for all intents and purposes, completely relaxed, but when he looked up at me, his eyes were steely and cold.

“I guess,” I said.

“I went to go see my old friend, only to find out that she was plotting to kill me.”

Lakin had mentioned that Alios turned everyone he met into an enemy, so this didn’t really surprise me.

Alios stared off into the distance, and I was glad he was no longer looking at me. I couldn’t tell whether or not he suspected I had been planning on running or not. He was acting weird but if someone had tried to kill him, I guess that could make him act weird.

“Do you want to know what happened next?” he asked.

I didn’t need him to tell me. It was obvious that he had killed her. Why else would he bother telling any of this? There was no way his story was going to end with a happy reconciliation.

“Sure,” I said.

“She told me something crazy.”

Maybe I didn’t know where this story was going after all.

“What did she tell you?” I asked.

His attention returned to me and he laughed. “Nothing. I killed her. That’s all.”

He continued laughing like he’d told the funniest joke in the world, and all I could do was breathe a sigh of relief, feeling like I’d only just narrowly avoided a catastrophic disaster.  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:11 pm
Day # 25
Theme: fox

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:24 pm
Day # 26
Theme: freedom

User Image