Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Hallowed Path :: Surrounding Forest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 am
_______________A First Encounter...||

With the shaft of its weapon broken, the alarmed creature tossed the remains away and flashed another hand seal in on one last ditch effort to defeat the human before it. As your horizontal slash connected with its flesh, its palm shot out in front of it, releasing a fireball much stronger than before [C-rank]. At such a close proximity, the thing would be hard to avoid. But still, the damage was done and, rather than severing through its neck the blade caught the side of its mask and ripped it free of the small monster's face, shattering the mask. Before a face could be seen beyond, its form completely destabilized and it dissolved into mist, leaving behind only a splash of hissing, black liquid in the snow.

As for the swordsman, it lay face down in the snow, body still convulsing slightly as it died. The third of the goblins was nowhere to be found. It must have fled, which perhaps wasn't such a good thing in yokai territory.

[Combat ended. +200 exp]

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 pm
User Image

㊌ ☾ ☾ ☾ Kira Yamata ☽ ☽ ☽ ㊌

As the fire blast discipated and the scales off the back of his armor fell off Kira cursed under his breath. only one day out in these parts of the forest and he already had to go to a town to repair his gear with what little he could scrounge up! Kira lept down and examined the remains of the goblin with the black looking blood who he had severed its throat. He figured he might be able to sell off the goblins body in town for any parts it may have, ears, guts, teeth, eyes, etc. Anything that could give a alchemic edge to someones salves or potions, maybe even a deadly poison for him as a tiny finders fee for delivering the catch... Then there was the black liquid left from the other goblin. Something that must've been a last ditch thing from the fireball he casted. Emptying out a oiled water-skin kira gathered what snow and black liquid he could with the wood stakes from the ground and poured it into the skin and filled it up half way with snow and with the black ooze, hoping the water from the snow would dilute it as to make any acidic properties useful but not to dangerous to handle in trade.

With that out of the way Kira Went back to the hole to grab and put together all but the split kabuto helmet of the yoroi armor from the pit into his bag filling it near to the brim making room for what little prey items he might have caught with the snares. Kira would then pull out 4 meters worth of rope to tie the goblin corpse to his back making it heavy and slowly him down a little when traveling [incurring movement penalty to natural travel +1 paragraph] And with that Kira would aim to go and look at the snares for the smaller animals he had set taking his time with the goblin body stashed on top of his back pack tightly.

The cold air set in on Kira's left arm and shoulder as the fight with the three goblins now took its toll. He had wasted lots of stamina and chakra on what was supposed to be a easy fight against three little monsters. He didnt counter on them knowing any jutsu, that was his mistake, Now he knew that anything could use jutsu especially if it had a thumb maneuver more unique and powerful forms of jutsu. Kira would stop two meters shy of the first snare he had set and would peak behind a tree on whether or not he had caught something

Stamina:65/115
Chakra: 75/115
Scale Mail degradation: 7/14
sword kyoka counter: 3 1/2

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:30 pm
User Image

㊌ ☾ ☾ ☾ Kira Yamata ☽ ☽ ☽ ㊌

Kira would look on and grimace as he saw all his traps had been sprung... but only two had been successful, "Of all the damned bad luck..." Kira attributed it to the little monster he had on his back before collecting what little prizes he had. He left the snares and dissembled them, didnt want those little monsters to get a hold of and learning how to make it themselves if they could. With the two Iron Snow Rabbits he had collected he sighed and knew they wouldn't fetch much in a pair, had he collected a group there furs would have made excellent trade bargains. As it stood he would only benefit from there meat when he skinned them.

Kira Went on his way to the makeshift camp he had made to the north of his traps and hunkered own. he used what he could from the spike trap as a shield wall tall enough to keep those little goblins at bay and had the rest of the would used for fire kindling. He would spend the next few hours of the afternoon skinning, butchering, and cooking the two rabbits he had caught. he saved the organs and other entrails for other uses because much like the goblin corpse there could be many properties in the rabbit that a alchemist could make sense of that he couldn't. If he was going to have just two rabbits he was going to get the most out of them. Night was soon falling, the skins for the rabbits where almost perfect to be tucked away now having dried and tanned away in the cold air and under the hot sun. Kira had a bite of rabbit leg but saved the rest for his journey tomorrow as he knew the dried rabbit meat would help him.

Kira awoke early in the morning, the sun had barely risen above the horizen only a light shade of blue was visible but it was all the light Kira himself felt he needed. Putting out the rest off what remained of his fire with snow Kira took the now fully tanned out rabbit furs and tucked them away in what little space was left in the backpack he would carry. Jumping over his makeshift defenses he saw that some deep gashes had been left and a mace mark had actually made enough of a damage to almost peek inside his camp. Kira was right to leave now, who knows what would happen in another hour or so with more reinforcements and with better armaments. With the pack weighing him down Kira made his accent to Ikeinasu, the only town he knew was the closest thing to a trading hub anywhere close to him outside of his normal home. The snow uphill made it harder for his already overburdened back and legs stinging cold reaching into him ut as he rose higher in the mountains and farther south he felt the air grew harder and harshly cold the winds picking up from the higher altitude. He knew this wasn't going to be easy but this was getting pretty insane even for him.

Kira would move on and up searching for the rumored gate that some people had claimed to have seen for Ikeinasu Village. Kira would sigh as he drew his sword out slicing away at tree limbs to get them out of his line of sight. It wouldn't be till noon before he saw them. standing impressively over hi above a larger elevation Kira saw what looked like a stone wall with only a large shinto gate being the only way in or out. Kira surmised that this was Ikeinasu, the village he was looking for but it would be another hour before he would reach those gates with how the path was made. that was fine it just meant that all this trouble was well worth the climb now that he found the place he was searching for.

[-Exit to Ikeinasu;; Hallowed Path [Entrance]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:52 pm
User Image
Hey, you, Baby Blues, show me what you gonna do!
Say I'm not a sinner but you make me a liar!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                            [W]anna know the b***h about marching in the icy fields of Iron in naught but a leather getup and blood hotter than any man's flowing through your veins?
                                            tab The ******** wind!
                                            tab Nothing was worse than walking in the wind in a land of snow and ice. Nothing beat the horizontal rain or snow, nor the icy mist that was kicked into your eyes at the smallest fart from the natural elements! All for what, really? It was almost like Nature itself decided to put all of its cruelty, spite, and shitty humor into a solid block of three months before getting drunk and slurring through the name "winner" like some bear bellied sailor! It was pathetic, it was humiliating, and it was gods-be-damned ridiculous that the ice was finding ways into nooks and crannies even Zuu didn't know she had! The temptation to shift into a raging wolf beast was at times so tempting she found her bones popping in preparation before intelligence, wisdom, and raving ego warned her it would be stupid. Stupid enough to warrant everyone pointing and laughing. Seriously, ******** those guys. Who points and laughs? What sorta of small minded, eagle eyed fuc-
                                            tab With a sudden stop brought on with sparks of light and sharp, blinding pain Zuu fell to her a** with a small exhalation of surprise and, honestly, rage. Who dared hit her? As she raised her gaze to meet her would-be assailant and soon-to-be-murdered idiot, she immediately jumped to plotting the immanent torment and demise of-
                                            tab A tree branch.
                                            tab A <********> tree branch!
                                            tab No. No, this was not happening! Screw this icy wasteland, and may the gods and the spirits take whoever thought a country up to their tits in snow would be a lovely place to live! Whose bright idea was it to-
                                            tab For the love of the gods could things stop happening that cut her off?!
                                            tab This time it was the reality that, as she stood up, she was nearby to a cave where from her vantage point a pair of antlers and orange fur wiggled over a rock facing. That meant either a deer or she was simply ten kinds of hangry from not eating for the last three days. This was getting ridiculous! Welp, there was only one way to find out what it was she would find. She could sneak up and catch it, but honestly, she was too pissed for that. If she was going to eat she wanted some sport to vent her frustrations on. So, without further ado, she stood up and adjusted her bow before looking at the thin, tiny, offending tree she in no way ran face first into and kicked it for all she was worth. Middle of the pack, about the limit of her range, and aimed at the weak spot where rot had bored through the center. With a satisfying crack the tree splintered, though her eyes were already on the orange fur and antlers to see where it would run to!

A little good won't stop the devil.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito

BlackJack1995

Wolfy4226

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 000 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Desperate. Afraid. Confused. She knows not who she is, nor who she will become. The next moments may well decide the path she takes. x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 pm
User Image
                                    Shea Fal'nevan
                                    I'll send out my soul to worlds more beautiful, but they won't... they won't know my heart.

[Location:] West of town.

A solid smack followed by a string of curses drew my attention away from my journal, which I quickly snapped closed and tucked back in my bag so I could settle my hand on the dagger at my hip. A yokai patrol? No, that didn't seem right... I'd never heard of them speaking our language. The humans' language? Whatever it was, I could understand the words being said, even though they didn't really make sense in context with each other. The strange, heavy accent didn't help. It was actually weirdly like my own. Except I could barely understand her. Did I sound that way to everyone else?

Tangent aside, I ducked down slightly as I heard a loud crack from the same direction as the voice, and I couldn't help feeling nervous. As much as we'd faced dangers up until that point, I'd managed to avoid fighting almost altogether over the last three months and was in no way prepared for whoever was there if they meant harm. Not to mention they were uncomfortably close by and I was stuck in a hole. I drew my dagger. Ears pressed to either side of my head, I stood up carefully, revealing myself but also giving me a better view of what was going on.

A young women stood with her foot pressed down on a broken tree--assumed to be the crash from a moment before--staring my direction. She was a teenager, like everyone else, but probably closer to sixteen like Kaileer and Jean. Her hair was a vibrant red, a little past shoulder length. I blinked. Something felt... familiar about that color... A shock of pain flashed through my skull, making me cringe, and I quickly pushed the delving thought aside, shaking my head to clear it. Right, I couldn't think about the past for whatever reason. It wasn't the time for it anyway. I still had no idea if this person was a threat after all. "Ah... H-hello?" I asked, holding the knife in both hands before me.

.CHAKRA : 255 / 255 .STAMINA : 160 / 160 .STATUS : None
                                    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                    .EXP : 3910 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Content
                                    It's the darkest part.

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:20 pm
User Image

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                            racing her legs out for support Zuu drew back on her aluminum bow and watched, waiting for any sign of movement from the tuft of fur she'd witnessed. When it ducked down instead of run, however, her senses warned her this was either a monstrosity with the intellect of a beat or something else entirely. What she wasn't prepared for was when it rose up once more, dagger in hand, and stared at her in such fear that for a moment her gut twisted in guilt.
                                            tab A boy.
                                            tab That thought stilled her hand a few moments before her grip tightened, the taut bow training against her arm for sweet release. No, anyone could be anyone. Young could be old or old young. The curse took all and the number of ways people found to survive had grown simply too numerous to count properly. To say it would be foolish to drop her guard would be to claim water was wet. In other words, no ******** s**t. Eyeing the boy with her pale red gaze Zuu's eyes slid slowly to the dagger, inspecting its length and the way he held his bow. It was clear he was no stranger to a weapon, but the experience he had was likely slim at best. Boys with that limp a grip and that unsteady a stance only had a few excuses, and the overwhelming majority was lack of experience. It was good she hadn't been in her true form, then. He would have likely shat himself and ran.
                                            tab Then he cringed, as if feeling fear and pain, and for a moment she wondered if she'd shifted by mistake. It passed a moment later though as he shook his head, likely to clear the cobwebs scattered about within. He didn't lower his guard, again showing his training, and that made her smile warmly. IT was clear the boy would die before he'd reach her but there was no longer malice for him from her hungry belly. Despite his appearance, like some sort of reindeer, he wasn't prey. Lowering her bow Zuu nodded to him and kept the arrow in place, just less ready. If she ended up needing it it would be ready and able to murder anything that got in her way. "Ayo, boyo," she began, her expression lightening up further as her smirk spread into a full fledged smile. "Sorry 'bout tha', it was'na ma 'ntention ter scare yeh! Ah mistook yeh fer me dinner, an' tha' clearly na'be tha case!" Nodding to him before tossing her hair back from her face as an errant breeze sent it into her eyes, the girl continued in her difficult brogue. "Me name be Zurusu Kuriko, but yeh may call meh Zuu. What's yet name?"
                                            tab
                                            tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito

BlackJack1995

Wolfy4226

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 000 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Desperate. Afraid. Confused. She knows not who she is, nor who she will become. The next moments may well decide the path she takes. x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:29 pm
User Image
                                    Shea Fal'nevan
                                    I'll send out my soul to worlds more beautiful, but they won't... they won't know my heart.

My ears sank a bit when the young woman didn't relax the string of her bow. But at least she didn't release either, which is what I was more afraid of, given the intensity of her red gaze. That was probably the only reason I didn't run, because I definitely felt the desire to. She didn't feel like an immediate threat, although I could guess she knew what she was doing with that weapon. Finally, though, she lowered the arrow. Kept ready, but not pointing straight at me.

She spoke a quick greeting, her lilting voice heavily accented--to the point I almost couldn't understand her. Weirdly, though, the accent wasn't all that far off from my own, the rare times I was aware of it, and I couldn't help thinking that I was that hard to understand to other people. No, there was no way. While the accent was there, my words didn't just blend together the way hers did. It took a moment to process what she was saying, which probably resulted in a dumbfounded look from me, but I was able to wrap my head around it. She probably mistook my antlers for a deer, though that seemed difficult to me, given how small they were. Then she offered her name, Zurusu Kuriko, or Zuu for short.

"Shea," I offered in return. "My name. Um..." I looked around us. What was she even doing out there? She had somehow managed to miss the road and the town altogether apparently. Because I was... east? of town. No, west. A hole opened up in the pit of my stomach as I realized I'd forgotten which way I'd come from, turned around after wandering in search of plants. Directions weren't exactly my forte to begin with, but at least I sometimes knew what direction to go. This was not one of those times. I should have laid down something-- Oh, right! There were tracks in the snow. I could probably use that. "Are you just out here to hunt?" I asked, unsure how exactly to start a conversation with the older girl. I pointed up at the sky to where the sun could be seen vaguely through the clouds, finally sheathing my dagger. "'Cause dawn and dusk are best times for that. It's, ah... when animals are most active."

My ears stood a bit straighter as I recalled the plants I'd gathered a while before. "If you're hungry, though, I have some berries I found. I'm not sure if they're safe to eat. If they're not, we can probably find some snowberries nearby. I know for sure what those look like." I gave a small, sheepish grin. "It's not much, but it might hold you over til you can get to town. I-if that's even where you're going." Holding up my hands to show I didn't mean to make any presumptions, I fished the berries out of my back, holding out a small handful.

.EXP : 3910 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Cautious
                                    It's the darkest part.

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:26 pm
User Image

tab
                                            [C]ocking her head to the side Zuu considered the name for a moment in silence before mouthing the word without speaking it. This evolved then to saying it out loud, sounding it out, trying to speak it in her accent. "Sh...Ay...Aye? Shay? Shaye? Shea." Nodding to herself in satisfaction, a smirk sprawling its way lazily across her face, the girl looked back to the young boy and nodded once more before responding. [mediumvioletred]"Aye, that be goot," she exclaimed in affirmation. "Meat 'n cheese be me main meals but ah tell yeh, berries be good in their own right! Any'un who says otherwise be wrong, and they should be punched straight in the gullet!" Raising her fist to make a point and releasing her bow she shook her upheld appendage righteously into the sky as if some asshat on a flying monkey were screeching at her from above. Finally she looked down at Shea and returned her hand to her readied bow. "Thanks. I welcome anythin' ya offer."
                                            tab Taking a deep breath and sighing quietly, Zuu reached out and took the berries from the boy with care, swiping only half of what was offered before upending them into her mouth to chew with relish. Delicious? Mostly. It was delicious in a strange way, given she'd not tasted these kinds before. Her Sept weren't exactly the berry eating type, after all. Too busy devouring prey and predator alike, bones crunching between her teeth, blood cascading down her throat to quench the flames of hunger that burned within her belly!
                                            tab She hastily wiped away the drool, hoping he'd take it as a sign of the flavor of the berries being quiet good.
                                            tab Standing again she gestured around them, she decided to answer the rest of the questions, knowing full well he was worried about her presence and lack of directional ability. "Ya see, young'n, I was making me way from tha land of Fire to a new home. I came from tha south, and made a wide birth ta avoid some strange things I spotted out in tha distance. Some weird folk, with no eyes, ears, or mouth and with a concave where tha ol'sniffer would be! They looked scary, so I went in ter tha woods, hopin' fer some respit! Then I grew mighty hungry, and wandered off fer some fresh meat when I met ya! I know tha time be bad, but ma belly don't care what time it 'tis, only tha I be feeding it soon!"
                                            tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito

BlackJack1995

Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:16 pm
User Image
                                    Shea Fal'nevan

I watched Zuu with an uncertain smile as she swiped about half the berries from my hands, tossing them all into her mouth in the same motion. Maybe they were safe to eat then? She hadn't hesitated basically at all, so I could only guess she knew what they were. Otherwise she was either very brave or very stupid, and I'd find out soon if they were poisonous. With that thought in mind, I placed the rest back in a pocket of my satchel despite being hungry myself. I hadn't eaten all day with the intention of experimenting with plants; if something was dangerous, I needed to know it was the cause, and not a combination with something else.

She moved on quickly with the conversation, unconcerned about her health, which somehow made me all the more nervous. She'd come from the 'Land of Fire', one of the other kingdoms, or... countries, as they call them, that inhabited these lands. I think I'd been told it sat to the southeast of the Land of Iron, which was where we were. She mentioned seeing some 'weird folk' whose descriptions sounded strangely familiar for reasons that were too painful to explore thanks to the basically physical blockade that prevented me from accessing most of my memory. Then she got hungry and in trying to hunt what she thought was a deer thanks to the antlers, here we were. "Well... I'm no good when it comes to hunting, but we could go back to town. We're doing pretty well on supplies despite the cold, I think." And it was cold; it felt the temperature had dropped a bit since I went out, even though the sky had cleared.

I was reminded again that I had no idea where I actually was in comparison to the town. I was fairly certain I'd traveled west, but whether or not I'd wandered off course while looking for supplies was impossible to know. Even then, I wasn't really sure which way was east. Out on the plains was easy because they were home, but here in a land that was still unfamiliar to me, getting lost was a real threat. We were fare enough out that I couldn't hear the sounds of people going about their lives, and it was midday, so following the firelight was out of the question. There would still be smoke, but I wasn't so sure I was comfortable climbing these pine trees, whose lowest branches were far above my head. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to leave by myself. I'd even been warned about that, but had ignored it. I had an idea to avoid it in the future, but that didn't really help me right then. Ears falling slightly, my gaze turned back to Zuu. "You wouldn't happen to know how to get back to town, would you?"

.EXP : 3910 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Cautious
                                    It's the darkest part.

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:28 pm
User Image

tab
                                            [G]azing up into the sky to follow the boy's eyes Zuu took a moment to thank her lucky stars for the lack of a smoke-filled sky. The tortured lands of Fire still gave her nightmares, both from the memories of the legends and nightmares she's heard of in her previous life but with her experiences there, too. She sort of lost herself in her thoughts as she took in the beautiful, clear sky she'd hardly looked at during the day before realizing she was being spoken to. Bringing herself back to the world of the living and the here and now Zuu cocked her head to the side in the method of displaying curiosity all canines knew by instinct. It wasn't on purpose, but there it was. What had he said? The boy wasn't the midge, so listening to people talk had been a sort of novelty in and of itself. At least, listening to someone she wanted to listen to in the first place. Kagerou hadn't been someone she liked the instant she met her, and, well, after Hitoshi left there were few who wanted to speak to her either.
                                            tab Wait. She was drifting again. <********> Did he say something else? From the way he was looking around maybe not. s**t. Alright, Zuu, time to shine! Listen in, think collectively, and wait, he looks lost. Please, don't be lost! He's gonna think she knew where to go, wasn't he? This legit always happens! "Well," she began, her tone giving no indication of the panic in her chest at the moment from this little lost, tiny boy looking to her to lead him to safety and her not knowing what the hell to do. Or, well, she did, but- No! Act! Don't think! "Here, lemme give ya a sniff an' ah can get yeh home!" With that she stepped forward and reached out with one hand, the other keeping the arrow and bow together, and snagged the front of his shirt. Reeling him in and bringing him incredibly, uncomfortably close the Skald closed her eyes and exhaled sharply, going silent a moment after as she slowly began to inhale. Grass. Earth. Fire. Growth. The scent of life and new beginnings. Spring. Strange, how a boy could small as such. It was as if he were a part of the natural world unlike anything she'd experienced before.
                                            tab That, or he rolled in the grass far, far too much as a child.
                                            tab Placing him back down she stuck her face up into the wind and exhaled before inhaling again. Sniffing back and forth she weith a eyes and nodded, gesturing behind him with a wolfish grin. "Ya came from ova there, young'n! How 'bout we 'ead t'ward yer home an' bring ye back safe'n sound, aye?"

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito

BlackJack1995

Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:37 pm
User Image_______________Potential Trouble... ||

Yumiru lead the way quickly and quietly away from the confrontation at the gates. Things were certainly getting hectic there, but with the arrival of more guards there were far too many people around. So she seemed more than happy to leave, glancing back every now and then to make sure you were still behind her. Once the gates were well out of sight, she stopped and waited for you for a moment, looking slightly uncomfortable. "So, um... I'm not actually particularly good at this whole leading thing. I know what the mission is but ah..." She smiled sheepishly, but then turned away and pointed in the direction she'd been heading. "We saw smoke about a mile into the forest in that direction. It's faded now, but we're looking for what might had caused it. We're hoping a campfire from more Wakeners, but if it was a patrol, they're uncomfortably close to town." She tucked her hands under her armpits, breathing out a puff of steam in the cold air. "Our job is to get more information, and act accordingly." Falling silent, she headed forward once more, leaving the air open for you to speak if you desired.

Rexnov

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 pm
[ Taiki Matsumaya ]

Adventurer l Bukijutsu l Explorer l D - Rank

I followed her silently through the forest and away from the gates. I listened to what she had to say and nodded. The origin of the smoke was unclear for the time being, that’s both a blessing and a curse; it could really be coming from anywhere and have been made by anything. The idea that it would be more awakeners was… rosy, to say the least. It would seem that this girl, and whoever was in charge of posting this job didn’t spend much time outside and alone. Good for them. Some of us weren’t so lucky. I sped up somewhat until I caught up to her and remained silent for a little while longer, thinking about what the best course of action would be. Kiyoshi surprised me with his fighting abilities, so it would be prudent not to underestimate this girl too, but at the same time… “If I get your drift correctly, the mission is just to go in, figure out what the hell is going out, and get out. Avoiding any sort of confrontation if its possible. Correct?” I wanted to be crystal clear at the parameters of the job, but more importantly, I wanted to know what she was comfortable with. “More importantly however…” I paused without looking at her, instead I kept walking straight. “I want to know if you would rather I avoided a fight. As you saw from the gates, I have no problem running in and giving holy hell to whatever we find. I have the sense that you would rather we did not do that, though.” I looked at her with a serious, yet kind face. I wanted her to know that I understood if it was her preference not to fight, that a fight could be avoided altogether if it was possible. “As for not being good at leading, no one is. Not at first, anyway. It takes time and exposure, trust me.”

Pathfinder: 15 l 25

Techniques used:

Stats:

Power: 5
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 1
Chakra: 5

Passives

Stats: .5 increase to Speed of Ninjutsu

Stats: .5 Increase to Power of physical attacks

PA - Firestarter: The strength of Taiki's fire jutsu are treated as being a rank higher in strength, but cost .5 chakra more, rounded up. [ E Rank = 8, D Rank = 15, C Rank = 30, B Rank = 60, A Rank = 120, S Rank = 240, S+ Rank = 540]

PA - Fire Brand: By adding the tiger seal at the beginning of maruton techniques, Taiki is able to alter the very nature of the technique, transforming it into a fire style jutsu.

PA - Pathfinder: Every 25 posts, Taiki is able to roll a 10 sided dice. If it lands on a 1 or a 10, Taiki obtains a randomly generated type of map (4 sided, 1 is a small, 2 is a medium, 3 is a large and 4 is an epic).

Discipline - Scavenger [D]: In a world where survival of the fittest is the rule of law it is the Scavenger who learns that the key to survival is possession of needed materials and items. For every other Experience Rank after D - rank (B and S - ranks), generate a number between one and three [1 - 3], and follow the chart below when looking for materials:
→ On a roll of one [1], increase materials gathered by fifty percent [50%].
→ On a roll of two [2], note a member of the Event Coordination Team. A potential rare material is discovered!
→ On a roll of three [3], the durability of the material(s) found is increased by one [1] step.

Chakra: 145 l 165
Stamina: 150 l 150
EXP: 500

Royal Taorito

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:59 am

Yumiru cocked her head slightly to the side, thoughtful. "Avoiding confrontation would be ideal, yes. I'm not particularly useful in a fight, but I can support you if it comes to blows. My abilities lie in strengthening you." She looked down at her gloved hands, clenching them and then relaxing them once more before dropping them back to her side. Giving a small smile she hurried forward once more, having dropped a bit behind you while talking. "Anyway, regardless what happens, staying alive is more important than finding whatever this is. There's too few of us to risk throwing ourselves into danger. But we can't just huddle behind the town walls. That's why these scouting missions exist." She fell quiet for a brief moment, and then looked over at you. "Have you had to face the Yokai yet? They're pretty scary."

Rexnov

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:42 pm
[ Taiki Matsumaya ]

Adventurer l Bukijutsu l Explorer l D - Rank

I fell silent at the question of whether I had faced the yokai before. Living for three months outside of the walls meant I had a couple of run ins with those things, got away by the skin of my teeth every time; it was not a fond memory nor experience, that was for sure. “Once or twice.” Was my response finally to the girl. “Its not something that I enjoyed, I’ll tell you that. What about you?” I would not have been surprised if she encountered the yokai if I was being honest, everyone that lived around these parts was likely to have seen at least one. “But those spirit things aren’t all bad, if you believe Kaileer.” I added, clearly unconvinced, remembering the blue creature that was there during my introduction to him and this place. Maybe he was right, however, I didn’t know, he might have had a different experience than me, who knew? From there, my mind wandered back to the mission at hand. For her sake, I hoped we wouldn’t find anything to fight, just a quiet mission with some wakeners around that we could escort back to the safety of the walls, or perhaps evidence of a patrol long gone with evidence that they were heading away from the village. I would hate to have this girl caught in the cross fire like Kiyoshi did, literally. “Don’t worry though. If push comes to shove, we’ll run away. I’m not familiar with the area, so I’d rather not get into a fight.” From here on out, I moved with my hand over my blade. I wouldn’t let anything happen to this girl.

Pathfinder: 16 l 25

Techniques used:

Stats:

Power: 5
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 1
Chakra: 5

Passives

Stats: .5 increase to Speed of Ninjutsu

Stats: .5 Increase to Power of physical attacks

PA - Firestarter: The strength of Taiki's fire jutsu are treated as being a rank higher in strength, but cost .5 chakra more, rounded up. [ E Rank = 8, D Rank = 15, C Rank = 30, B Rank = 60, A Rank = 120, S Rank = 240, S+ Rank = 540]

PA - Fire Brand: By adding the tiger seal at the beginning of maruton techniques, Taiki is able to alter the very nature of the technique, transforming it into a fire style jutsu.

PA - Pathfinder: Every 25 posts, Taiki is able to roll a 10 sided dice. If it lands on a 1 or a 10, Taiki obtains a randomly generated type of map (4 sided, 1 is a small, 2 is a medium, 3 is a large and 4 is an epic).

Discipline - Scavenger [D]: In a world where survival of the fittest is the rule of law it is the Scavenger who learns that the key to survival is possession of needed materials and items. For every other Experience Rank after D - rank (B and S - ranks), generate a number between one and three [1 - 3], and follow the chart below when looking for materials:
→ On a roll of one [1], increase materials gathered by fifty percent [50%].
→ On a roll of two [2], note a member of the Event Coordination Team. A potential rare material is discovered!
→ On a roll of three [3], the durability of the material(s) found is increased by one [1] step.

Chakra: 145 l 165
Stamina: 150 l 150
EXP: 500

Royal Taorito

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:57 am

[Sorry for the wait.]

Yumiru grinned, her demeanor surprisingly bubbly despite the mission they were on. After all, the results could have been good or bad, without further information into what was going on. But she managed to keep an optimistic air to the journey. She said nothing for a while, focusing instead on where they were going and making sure she was going the right way.

Out this far from town, the snow was relatively untouched and likewise fairly deep-maybe a foot deep--, making it hard to see much of the ground ahead in the otherwise white landscape. Which is why the short girl ahead of you nearly missed the hole in the ground, suddenly jerking downward as some of the snow gave way. She squealed in alarm but caught herself, scrambling away from the near invisible crevice. Eyes the size of saucers, she slowly crept back over to it to look down.

Aside from the white snow, the inside was pitch black, and seemed to go down at least a few meters. "Well, that was close..." Yumiru breathed, a hand on her chest. She glanced back at you before skirting her way around the hole.

[Random Event: Unlocked Dungeon - Delves of Remorhaz]

Rexnov

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas