Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2021)
hiimbeary Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:56 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 15 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: dreams
Time spent: about 30 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: With Ether - The Decisive Battle (cover)

i know it doesn't look like much, and that's because it isn't
(supposed to be a character who like...sells and buys dreams ig)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:58 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 16 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: none / my own theme
Time spent: about 30 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: SHAHMEN - MARK (EMR3YGUL Remix)

still a bit of struggle today, especially as i tend to sleep at insane hours on the weekends (it doesn't help)
i gave the daily prompts a good look but none of them were really tickling my brain properly.
instead since i've been binge watching hustle (it's on youtube now) i thought i'd just do my miqo
if there was more detail i guess she'd be wearing a nice suit or something bc the girl in the team is always the eye candy

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:14 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 17 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: ducks + hagia sophia
Time spent: 15 - 20 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Hustle - S01E01

based off this idea, from a friend whom i showed the prompts to:

User Image

euugh here we go again, look i'm not proud of it, but i know myself: i gave it 110% for three days and then didn't
now i'm still slumping, which is 95% of the time and i gave this like, half effort, at best. never drawn architecture
i dunno, i'm...trying...i think? i don't think my brain works properly, but i have pills now so we'll see

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:15 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 18 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: umbrellabird
Time spent: approx 20 - 25 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Florence + The Machine - Stand By Me

still slumping, still unmotivated; the bird looks like it has a pompadour, so...pompadour
please send help

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:39 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 19 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: gaiaversary
Time spent: approx 40 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: MHW - Seliana Gathering Hub OST

my current avatar + my old "signature" avatar bc i didnt change it for a period of 2 years or so
the old avatar is wearing complex shirt and some squiggles for shoes, plus fondue the bunny ears.
and a 5' long butchers knife that holsters thru her body (idk when i came up with that, or why)
the knife i didnt include because it would be really awkward and would barely fit in frame
so i managed to spend a bit more time, but still did rush bc raid starts 3 hrs before deadline
and unsurprisingly, ends at the deadline. so, had to start and finish sketch sooner, and it's doooone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:52 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 20 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: 1920s
Time spent: 2+ hours hysterical laughter

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Lúcio – "Rejuvenescência" (Radio Edit)

i'm a touch overwrought at the moment

on the left, my xiv main, on the right, my alt, stiggy (who even references top gear these days)
if you can tell that i went for 1920s as my theme, i expect you're a much better person than i am
i spent the last couple hours while drawing, also laughing at how bad the 2011 three musketeers movie is
it's truly awful, and you should watch it asap, it's on amazon prime

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 21 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: spirit challenge pt 1 - line and colour
Time spent: abt 3 hrs i think

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Madeon - Nonsense ft. Mark Foster

my art program died, erasing about 30 minutes of work give or take. so you can imagine i was a little upset.
pretty much the deadline is passing as i speak so i can't add more, but i wish i'd been able to save some daetails
i guess it could have been worse, but this is my mwhi toon whom i love, and i can't think of other comments rn
i would honestly feel bad asking anyone to attempt to colour this, so i'm not posting it in the main thread cool

bigger & transparent png: https://i.imgur.com/5Fphr4k.png

colour reference

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:49 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 22 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: spirit challenge pt 2 - line and colour
Time spent: 2+ hrs iirc

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Guilty Gear 2 Overture - Holy Orders (Be Just Or Be Dead)

collab w/ NaaraZheng

my face is melting, bc embarrassment that i had to present this for all the world to see
i was working on this earlier in the day, and then i panicked, and then i took a nap.
and then i woke up and said "well s**t", because time was running short
so finally, i completed it (as much as possible) right quick

what do i say, i suppose i did at least attempt to challenge myself?
mostly bc of the bg. i never do bgs lol, which is why i'm bad at them
aside from that i'm really out of practice with colouring too, in general

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:34 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 23 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: ostriches
Time spent: 30 - 45 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Lynda Carter - Train Train

a few thoughts that entered my mind as i was doing this:

1. chocobos are at least partially based on ostriches, but despite being fantasy critters, they look more realistic
2. ostriches (ostrichii?) are terrifying and i've never drawn them before and now i never want to again, ever ever
3. ostrich have a body shape that is best described as "limp fish fillet, but with feathers on all sides and sticks for limbs"

just some quick sketches / gesture sketches type thing of ostrich. never again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:28 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 24 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: monochrome blue
Time spent: 40 - 60 mins or eternity, one of those
(submitted on day 25 / using spirit pass)

User Image

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Holst - Mars (The Planets)
john williams (for star wars) shamelessly ripped off this entire suite, i'm pretty sure

anyway, ehhhhh i don't have a good painterly style or know how to do that kind of thing, so i winged it????
and it still looks cel shaded, or poorly shaded, because i'm one of those people, so i just slap some darker colour on and call it a day
sometime in the future i may do this properly if i can ever learn how. i'm impatient though so i'll just keep chalking it up to inexperience

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:19 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 25 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: gothic lolita + helios
Time spent: 2 to 3+ hrs??? idk honestly it felt like 10 yrs

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Kniles - Modify

my pencil lines are so light that i had to duplicate the layer just so they'd be pretty much visible lmao
streamed this in disc, so some friends had the experience of hearing me repeatedly have a breakdown :^)
not because i didn't like the theme or anything, but none of this was going right, for a while. the whole time.

the 'helios' part of this is, as the picture says, my xiv main, but the other cat is one of my retainers (sort of)
i used to be into lolita fashion a while ago, so that helped a little bit, but the rest was all google image search

oh also the hands are janky because i...couldn't be bothered

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:09 am
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 26 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: post apocalypse
Time spent: 1.5 hrs or so

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Fallout 4 - Nuka-World Song

posting this now (it's the next day for me here in pacific time too, technically...) in case i don't get time b4 deadline
fallout seemed like the obvious choice (4, in particular since i hadn't played the previous games much if at all)
i did sort of want to go with a more original outfit, but i guess this is fine too, might even finish coloring one day
i think i have trouble with like, the whole shoulder and arm part of the body? idk it just looks really weird to me

finally, the song choice matches the theme and the art lmao (though i dont expect this to last)

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:14 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 27 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: genderbend a character from a novel
Time spent: 3+ hrs

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Payday 2 - Donacdum

polgara the sorceress was one of the few fiction books i had when i was younger, it's a whole...thing.
anyway, doesn't matter why, but polgara was mildly feral as a moody teen, so that's the vibe in this one
her white hair streak is magical i guess? the exact reason for which i can't quite remember at the moment
also also, not to brag but i am great at drawing photorealistic owls, soooo call me if you have a project B^)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:34 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 28 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: fox
Time spent: 40 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: World of Warcraft - Grizzly Hills

idk, foxes are trickster spirits in a lot of fables, so...yeah?

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:51 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 29 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: relaxation
Time spent: approx. 1 hr

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: The Ink Spots - I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire

my ffxiv toon again, i'm extra tired and gross today

100 Days Event (2021)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers