Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2022)
sdrawkcab Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:55 pm
emotion_ghost Ghost Mode Activated emotion_ghost
        Day: 15
        Theme: olor Challenge: Color Palette
        User Image
        Comments: Drew some pokemon that are mostly brown with some reddish pink. Using such a bright red was jarring since I usually avoid it. I drew Eevee, Diglett, and Bidoof first. Sentret was the next one and I got into a better stride at that point. This was fun. I really like a lot of them. o wo

Color Challenge: Color Palette, Thought, Panda, Islamabad (Pakistan), Gemini, Wings

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:56 pm
        Day: 16
        Theme: Bellflowers
        User Image
        Comments: I had planned on inking this but got lazy halfway thru sketching the flowers. Well, I got lazy after drawing my first flower, tbh. Sooo it also got a lazy watercolor wash. It turned out pretty okay compared to how little I felt like drawing. XD;

Fashion Challenge: Lingere (within Gaia ToS), Sleep, Komodo Dragon, Ba Sing Se (Avatar), Black Board, Bellflowers

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:39 pm
        Day: 17
        Theme: Farmers Market
        User Image
        Comments: idk why imgur gave this a white bg and removed the transparency, but oh well. Ummm I just kept picturing jars of honey for sale.
        This was fun. I used a generic jar ref for the shape and lid. The lid is pretty close to the ref. I used two different refs for honey. My honey doesn't look like either ref but I think it worked out okay. Took about 50 mins to make this since I played with the honey colors. And as simple as the label is, it took me a bit to decide what to put on it.

Design Challenge: Kimono Pattern, Loyalty, Kangaroo, Farmers Market, Saturn, Nightmare Fuel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:41 pm
        Day: 18
        Theme: coconut
        User Image
        Comments: Love an excuse to draw Hei hei

Color Challenge: Monochrome Red, Security, Flamingo, Dancing House — Prague, Czech Republic, Coconut, Love Letter

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:20 pm
        Day: 19
        Theme: Poison Ivy
        User Image
        Comments: I thought it would be fun to use poison ivy in an ad for something else that's poisonous. I'd want it to look pretty, but also be a subtle hint to not trust the item. In the end, I went obvious with the poison apple and too subtle with the poison ivy (generic leaves). Oh well. I usually make my own fake "old paper" but I used an actual paper overlay for this.

Study Challenge: Bricks, Tiredness, Alpaca, Death City (Soul Eater), Artemis, Poison Ivy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:23 pm
        Day: 20
        Theme: Balinese
        User Image
        Comments: I drew a Balinese cat last year so I wasn't gonna pick it at first. ...But I've been wanting to squish animals into circles and squares. XD; I've seen several different artists do it with different creatures. Sooo I figured this was a good excuse. As to the coloring, don't ask. I again started to do a flat color but got lazy before I ever started. This was way faster than what I originally planned. I don't hate it. It needs some tweaks but... it works. XD

Finish/improve an earlier work from this event
Pick a previous Unused theme (state day #), Fashion Challenge: 20s, Slave, Balinese, Hawaii, Thyme,
Amun-Ra

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:39 pm
        Day: 21
        Theme: Balloon
        User Image
        Comments: I love making balloons but hadn't made mylar ones before. Figured it was a good excuse to fumble my way thru it. I think it turned out okay. If you squint from far away, it looks good. :B My tracker says the canvas was open for 80 mins. I was watching TV the whole time and stared at the show a lot so I'd guess this is prob in the realm of about 45 mins of drawing time? Maybe? It would take a whole lot of refining to improve it soooo it's gonna stay as is

Personified the object: Pillow, Narcissism, Stingray, Spirit Realm (Spirited Away), Balloon, Wisteria

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:58 pm
        Day: 22
        Theme: Color Challenge Plus
        User Image
        Comments: When I do color palette challenges, I normally adhere strictly to the provided colors, keep mostly the same hues and values, and don't add white or black. I also avoid blend modes since it changes the color. Well, today, I cheated a color palette for the first time: I added green. I then used all 6 colors.. and only those colors. But I also used blend modes. I reallllly hated these colors when I saw them together. So I wanted to see if I could use them all in one piece and still like the artwork. ... I don't mind the artwork. It turned out okay, but it definitely would be better with more freedom of choice.

Color Challenge: Color Palette, Alacrity, Phoenix, Pyongyang, North Korea, Demeter, Mermaid

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:56 pm
        Day: 23
        Theme: Valentine’s Day
        User Image
        Comments: I like Valentine's Day. I just didn't feel like drawing stereotypical hearts. All my ideas were boring. SO. Insert cactus. It's heart-shaped cacti plus flowers. Romance. B]

Style Challenge: One Piece, Despair, Fox, Library, Virgo, Valentine’s Day

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:01 pm
        Day: 24
        Theme: Spirit Challenge

User Image

Comments: This is loosely based on my current outfit but it is just some random girl and not representative of “sdrawkcab.” She’s covered in little plants. Iffff anyone decides to draw it, it’d be fun to see their take on drawing the plants. The sweater is also a little ratty. It dawned on me later that I should’ve added a little fuzz to the ears. Oops. That’s what I get for not spending time fussing over it. I spent ~45-50 mins. Not too bad since I never draw humans / chibis anymore. It’s wonky but XD I didn’t want to spend time fixing it cuz diminishing returns. (True of all my art)
        Also. She has antlers like a jackalope. But they could be twigs too

The lion and flower will be appearing soon. XD Sucks that such good prompts appeared alongside the SC

Spirit Challenge Part 1, Helpful, Lion, Celadon City (Pokemon), Moon, Feverfew

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:33 pm
        Day: 25
        Theme: Spirit Challenge Part 2

User Image
        User Image
        User Image

Comments: This was fun. The art that I drew yesterday was more so my older style and this is what I've been leaning towards lately. Well, this is what came out of me while drawing. XD
        Link to the forum post with the usernames

Spirit Challenge Part 2, Refreshment, Sea Turtle, Night Market, Peppermint, 8-Bit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:27 pm
        Day: 26
        Theme: Pick a previous Unused theme (Day 24: Lion & Feverfew)
        User Image
        Comments: It was so fortuitous to already be able to draw the lion and not wait for Day 30. I'm again continuing my trend of being lazy when it comes to coloring fur. idk what's up. That used to be my jam. I'll have to keep that in mind from the start of my drawings. XD ... And also lazy with the flowers. Idk. I guess I already hit that drawing-every-day-slump. It's not as obvious in this resized version, but I really loved the pink on the flowers (not the glow). It was a good reminder to have fun with color... something else I haven't been doing as much of lately. This is what I get for trying to focus on improvement instead of fun. XD; Oh well, I'm still having fun... even if it's lazy fun.

Pick a previous Unused theme (state day #)

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:58 pm
        Day: 27
        Theme: Hermes
        User Image
        Comments: This one isn't as literal as usual. I pictured a speedy delivery/packing/messenger service named after Hermes that used a pair of wings as their logo. It started off with perspective practice while drawing it and then I eventually BS'd the coloring section just to finish it. I'll have to return to it with a shadow study.

Personified an EMOJI, Genius, Raven/Crow, Magnolia Town (Fairy Tail), Hermes, Year of the Ox (rappers)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:07 pm
        Day: 28
        Theme: Omen
        User Image
        Comments: This is probably already past omen and already at the misfortune stage but XD I had fun. You know, a group of crows is called a murder, well... I took the obvious joke.
        The original has clouds and other bits of color. Resizing removed most of the color variation. ... Good to know; don’t be so subtle. This took about 33 mins since there are clouds and such that you can’t see and I also spent some of that time staring at it.

Medium Challenge: Ink, Omen, Skunk, Gaea, (Vision of Escaflowne), Sandals, Lucky Cat

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

Crew

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:34 pm
        Day: 29
        Theme: Honey Farm
        User Image

Comments: Here’s the start of stained glass. Well, it’s done but I wanted to add some bees sooo I’ll ... oh. I’ll likely do that tomorrow XD that’s convenient

Study Challenge: Folded clothes, Coldness, Cow, Honey Farm, Sandwich, Hogwarts

100 Days Event (2022)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces