Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What the f... The BIBLE GAME!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:59 pm
I heard an interesting argument for hell and heaven being the same, the difference being that the people in hell made it hell for themselves. (It was in a Whoopi Goldberg remake of "A Christmas Carol" I saw years ago.)

Quote:
One day, a man in heaven and a man in hell got together to talk. They were each talking about where they lived. "Hell is terrible," screamed the sinner, "especially at mealtimes. We have these plates of delicious food right in front of us, and we're rabidly hungry. But, the problem is, the forks we're supposed to eat with are three feet long! With Satan staring at us from the head of the table, we wouldn't dare eat with our hands, so we don't eat."

"You know," said the man from heaven, "we have the exact same problem."

"You do? The delicious food?"

"Yup."

"The long forks?"

"Mmm hmm."

"Jesus watching you from the head of the table?"

"Sure."

"But, then," he said, confounded, "how do you eat?"

"Simple," said the virtuous one. "We feed each other."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:43 pm
stressed you can only be so relgious  

Taylr752

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:18 pm
Out of cuoriousity, I went to look up other games by that company. All of their other games are gambling games and they also made an M-rated dating simulator. eek  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:48 am
Blasphemize
Out of cuoriousity, I went to look up other games by that company. All of their other games are gambling games and they also made an M-rated dating simulator. eek

You know what that reminds me of?

On channel four where I live....that channel hosts the idiot 700's Club(a televangilist thing with a ******** up zealot running it).

It is ironic how during one hour the host the 700's Club, and following the holy program the channel show South Park.

It is kind of ironic how those things happen.

Sanguvixen

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:04 pm
Sanguvixen
Blasphemize

On channel four where I live....that channel hosts the idiot 700's Club(a televangilist thing with a ******** up zealot running it).

It is ironic how during one hour the host the 700's Club, and following the holy program the channel show South Park.

I think that Pat Robertson is OK with South Park as long as its bashing scientology.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:45 pm
DivideByZero14
Sanguvixen
Blasphemize

I think that Pat Robertson is OK with South Park as long as its bashing scientology.

Umm...They want to kick the 700 club off the air. The problem?

There is a contract, and when ownership of something was transferred it was put in there that the channel must air the 700 club. That is the only reason it is still aired.

It does not restrict what else can be aired during other time slots though, so if they want to air South Park, Mister Zealot Pat Robertson can't do anything about it.

Sanguvixen

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces