Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Gay Rights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gays are...
  Evil
  Undesirable
  Tolerable
  Just like everybody else
  Awesome
  *pretends (s)he can't hear me*
View Results

iviary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:19 pm
Bowmore
I just wish more people would take some time to look at homosexuality from the point of view of a scientist. I see homosexuality as a species-wide defense mechanism to combat overpopulation.

I think homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality, but it's demonized because it conflicts with most religions' tactic of out-breeding the competition. Homosexuals can't make miniature versions of themselves, so they're called evil, unnatural abominations by religious authorities.

I'm bisexual, and when I say that, I mean I have had sexual contact with members of my own gender -- not just a "jump on the bandwagon, being open these things is popular now" ploy. I've seen hot guys and said "I would so hit that", and I've been hit on by guys and said "Look man, I'm just not attracted to you"

This brings me to another topic: the myth that homosexuals, for whatever reason, are more promiscuous than straight people. Is it just the media attention that homosexuals get that makes them seem that way? As in, how they're portrayed on the news and on television and cartoons? Or am I mistaken and they really are promiscuous?

In my personal experience, a lot of homosexual men {or rather, boys} are quite promiscuous. I wouldn't say the majority, but.. a lot. I don't know if that's because they don't have to worry about the chance of getting their partner pregnant, because that's what society expects of homosexuals, or perhaps it has something to do with the fact that abstaining doesn't have a foreseeable end. If you cannot get married, why wait until that "special" day?

Also, I believe they are often portrayed worse than the situation calls for, in that by the nature of their method of sex, STD's are more easily contractable, as skin is more likely to be broken, etc. Hence the high percentages of AIDS among the homosexual population.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:59 am
iviary
Bowmore
I just wish more people would take some time to look at homosexuality from the point of view of a scientist. I see homosexuality as a species-wide defense mechanism to combat overpopulation.

I think homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality, but it's demonized because it conflicts with most religions' tactic of out-breeding the competition. Homosexuals can't make miniature versions of themselves, so they're called evil, unnatural abominations by religious authorities.

I'm bisexual, and when I say that, I mean I have had sexual contact with members of my own gender -- not just a "jump on the bandwagon, being open these things is popular now" ploy. I've seen hot guys and said "I would so hit that", and I've been hit on by guys and said "Look man, I'm just not attracted to you"

This brings me to another topic: the myth that homosexuals, for whatever reason, are more promiscuous than straight people. Is it just the media attention that homosexuals get that makes them seem that way? As in, how they're portrayed on the news and on television and cartoons? Or am I mistaken and they really are promiscuous?

In my personal experience, a lot of homosexual men {or rather, boys} are quite promiscuous. I wouldn't say the majority, but.. a lot. I don't know if that's because they don't have to worry about the chance of getting their partner pregnant, because that's what society expects of homosexuals, or perhaps it has something to do with the fact that abstaining doesn't have a foreseeable end. If you cannot get married, why wait until that "special" day?

Also, I believe they are often portrayed worse than the situation calls for, in that by the nature of their method of sex, STD's are more easily contractable, as skin is more likely to be broken, etc. Hence the high percentages of AIDS among the homosexual population.

The only reason the STD and AIDS percentages are higher (higher, not 'high', you make it sound like most gay people have aids) in homosexual than hetrosexual couples is through lack of education- if you're hetro, you know to use a condom to stop pregnancies, but if you're gay, do you think to use a condom for a**l sex because of the same reason? Of course not. A man can't get pregnant. We need to educate gay couples as well as straight couples about the use of condoms as a preventative for AIDS and STD with all types of penetrative sex, as well as pregnancy in hetro relationships.

I think that gay couples are just as promiscuous as hetro ones. 'one night stands' are common among straight people here, as well as gay people. It's a myth.

Muaethia

Muaethia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:35 am
Lash Vereaux
If we pretend we don't care if they're gay then everyone will be gay. We have to control them with fear. Tie one end of the rope to the back of the truck and other to his dong and have a good old fashion f** drag. If we don't then everyone will be gay and no one can make babys. Then humanity dies out.

If everyone was gay then you would no longer need to have sex and we couldn't orgasim anymore. We'd end up reproducing some other way. Or the straight would need to bang more so we'd supergasim. But knowing my luck it be the first one.

We have to keep them in line. Stop them from voting. And everyone should brag about how great marriage is so they don't know it sucks. That way they'll want it more and we won't let them have it.

Hey, heres an idea. Those filthy ******** mexicans are coming to our home land. None of us want them there, but we need them for slave labor ever since that ******** with the tall hat freed the niggers. Why not get those bum ******** out in the cotton feild. See if we can't scare them straight.

I'm really, REALLY angry now. Not just because of this sick, closed-minded nazi-like post, but because I wrote a huge long ******** reply then pressed the ******** back button on my browser. So i've written this again.

I hope this is a joke. If not, then:

Who the hell do you think you are? Some sort of superior being to gay people? From what I can read above, you're also a racist. That makes you lower than a goat's arsehole in my opinion. People like you are what I hate about the world most of all. You're a narrow-minded, nazi t**t.

Your logic is completely crap. 'OH NOES! 6 BILLION PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TURN GAY!!! DESTROY ALL GAYS!' Yep, that's right. The human race is going to extinct itself in a matter of years, from all 6 billion people SUDDENLY TURNING GAY. 'Gayism' is not an infectious disease! It's how people are, for ******** sake! It's a normal part of being themselves, and if a gay/bisexual is open and honest about their sexuality, they are honest about who they truely are. Thats a damn sight braver than you. Only a small percentage of the population is homosexual. But you want to control them, to take away individuality and freedom. Lol @ pathetic power-hungry nazi.

When you say "our home land", don't you know that white people have only settled in America from the 1700's onwards? I don't even live in your damn country and I know that! How dare you assume that you're superior to everyone else because of the colour of your skin, your orientation. Hell, I'm suprised you're not a fundie. Have you managed to sneak into this guild somehow?

You're willing to take away all rights for gay people simply because of who they are. You're obviously insecure in yourself and feel threatened by anything different to yourself. You also seem to believe in slavery, which makes you a complete elitist ********. Humans are not animals who you need to control, regardless of who or what they are. Humans are intelligent beings, though often full of needless hate (as you have just demonstrated to me). We will fight back. There's no place in the modern world for wankers like yourself.

Not only do you obviously have serious problems, you make me sick. You've caught me at a PMS time. I hope you enjoyed it 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:57 am
*applauds Muaethia loudly* Woo! Yay! That was the best rant I've read in a long time! *whistles and cheers*  

PickleBoy

Muaethia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:43 pm
PickleBoy
*applauds Muaethia loudly* Woo! Yay! That was the best rant I've read in a long time! *whistles and cheers*

xd redface Thankyou! I just get so angry, sometimes... Meh, as an Aries i'm apparently quite a hot-headed person blaugh . But i'm really calm, too, so... O_o  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:13 am
iviary
Bowmore

"In my personal experience, a lot of homosexual men {or rather, boys} are quite promiscuous. I wouldn't say the majority, but.. a lot. I don't know if... "

Yes, why WOULD two hormonally hijacked teenage boys participate in frequent sex... I wonder...

I think that it has a lot more to do with them being guys than it does with them being gay. Not to suggest that men like/want sex more than women, but society tells men that they're supposed to make it look that way.

Guys are supposed to be constantly sex-crazed, and girls are supposed to keep them in check. The boys are supposed to be the dominant/persistent ones, supposed to be aggressive. And what happens when you have two dominant/persistent ones? Well, I think you get the drift.

Of course, it could be the whole 'I've already broken one taboo, why not break another?'

Also, I'm straight-ish, I guess. I usually choose not to define myself- I've only ever been attracted to men, but like to keep my options open.  

puresilver

Defiled

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:12 am
I think that STD rates has a lot to do with how easily the "form" of sexual contact spreads STDs and also how important protection is. I think a lot of the time heterosexuals do use protection more because they are avoiding pregnancy. a**l and Vaginal sex are both risky for STDs, which is likely why Lesbians have the lowest rate of STD transmission. Also, while it may be stereotypical, your average female is more responsible about sex than your average male. Thats just hormones. Sure, some women are sluts, but on average more males are.

Anyway, I am definitely bisexual with no prefference either way. As such, I suppose Gays, Bisexuals, and Lesbians. I don't really see how a person could logically rationalise the hatred of homosexuality if they really put in the effort. Honestly, there is nothing particularly disgusting about two adult humans being intimate. You would think we, as humans, would be above choosing a mate for the sole purpose of procreation.

I think people just believe its wrong because thats what they were told, its what their family, religion, and so on teaches them. Some people don't take the time to question what they're taught, they just accept it. Other people just hate anything different than themselves. I can no more understand why a person would hate another individual because they were born a different race, or raised with a different religion either, but people do. Some people just have too much hate.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:10 am
one of my best friends is extremely religious and therefore thinks that homosexuality is wrong...however she's learning to accept it as both me and my other friend are bi! (although we are NOT attracted to each other *shudders*)  

[x] Natasha [x]

DivideByZero14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:43 pm
Muaethia
PickleBoy

xd redface Thankyou! I just get so angry, sometimes... Meh, as an Aries i'm apparently quite a hot-headed person blaugh . But i'm really calm, too, so... O_o

I'm pretty sure, actually, that anger at Nazis doesn't really count as "anger"...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:55 pm
Muaethia
Now, I'm quite good at seeing things from others' perspectives. Yet I still can't see why people think homosexuality is completely 'wrong'. What do people find so repulsive about a man having sex with another man, or a woman falling for another woman? The bible says that homosexuality is wrong, which is why some christians think so. Not that I am saying all christians are anti-gay.

I agree with DivideByZero14. Being gay is only as superficial as being black or white, it's the person inside that counts whatever their skin colour or sexual orientation.

(by the way, i'm bi/not sure about my sexuality, if you were wondering... )

It's quite simple, Christianity and all it's various branches *cough* Catholisism*cough* maintain the leading number of followers, throughout the world. There for the influences are spread throughout the world. Unfortunately, Catholics and other, di-hard christians firmly believe everything in the bible, therefore they believe that, well, being gay is a sin. This ideal is then passed along, until it too, is a common thought. It is foolish to imply that everytihng in the Bible is true to the last word, yet so many do. This is why the majority of gay people are atheist; to prevent criticism within their own congregation, do to sheer ignorance. Yes i'm suggesting the problem is caused by catholics and ignorance, in my opinion the two go hand in hand.  

The Seven Deadly Sinz

Muaethia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:50 am
antiangel force
Muaethia
Now, I'm quite good at seeing things from others' perspectives. Yet I still can't see why people think homosexuality is completely 'wrong'. What do people find so repulsive about a man having sex with another man, or a woman falling for another woman? The bible says that homosexuality is wrong, which is why some christians think so. Not that I am saying all christians are anti-gay.

I agree with DivideByZero14. Being gay is only as superficial as being black or white, it's the person inside that counts whatever their skin colour or sexual orientation.

(by the way, i'm bi/not sure about my sexuality, if you were wondering... )

It's quite simple, Christianity and all it's various branches *cough* Catholisism*cough* maintain the leading number of followers, throughout the world. There for the influences are spread throughout the world. Unfortunately, Catholics and other, di-hard christians firmly believe everything in the bible, therefore they believe that, well, being gay is a sin. This ideal is then passed along, until it too, is a common thought. It is foolish to imply that everytihng in the Bible is true to the last word, yet so many do. This is why the majority of gay people are atheist; to prevent criticism within their own congregation, do to sheer ignorance. Yes i'm suggesting the problem is caused by catholics and ignorance, in my opinion the two go hand in hand.

Not just catholics, but a lot of religious groups. They say that the bible is "opposed to homosexuality", in the same passage as the bible says that you shouldn't touch a woman who is on her period, that if a man rapes a woman he has to marry her, and it is perfectly acceptable to stone someone to death for having an affair. rofl

Outdated much? Christians are supposed to be all about Christ. Christ never taught anything about homosexuality, and he also reversed some of the old-testament teachings such as "an eye for an eye" being replaced with "turn the other cheek". Jesus replaced the Mosaic laws with his own, having no opinion on homosexuality (as far as I know). Therefore logically, Christians (if following the example of Jesus) should have a "live and let live" approach to gay people.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:43 pm
Muaethia
I told my mum on thursday, we were both a bit tipsy, lol. She didn't mind at all, but I get the feeling she's a "going through a stage" believer with teenage homosexuality/bisexuality. Those sort of people annoy me. "He think's he's gay? He'll grow out of it". What do they know, eh?

I dunno, I considered myself bisexual for a while but slowly stopped liking women. I still find the bodies attractive and I'm not repulsed by the idea of being with another woman sexually BUT the idea of a relationship with another woman really freaks me out.
I've dated both men and women and I really am awful at being in a relationship with other women. They're just so emotional, it makes me really uncomfortable. I can't stand being around them too long and it causes problems. I'm so much happier with men. They're far more relaxed and just sort of let feelings happen without verbal expression.
I'm okay with "I love you," a lot and that's what I get with my boyfriend. Women are more prone to long-winded displays that wax poetic. I guess I'm just not very romantic. sweatdrop

On topic, my mother's still very Christian and she grew up homophobic. Until my dad came out as transgender (yes, I know, don't harp on it) she stuck to it and was pretty mean about my female/female relationships. My dad hasn't physically transitioned but his change in additude changed my mom's veiwpoints (and to be honest, is probably partly why I don't like women anymore).  

Dread Dionaea

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces