Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Jobs. !$!$ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A
  stupid poll.
  Shut up.
  DOMO ATTACK *CHOMP*
View Results

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:49 pm
Heh, interesting pasts these jobs reveal!

I'm in workforce management.

All those reps that people call when they need a loan, a credit card or help with their cell phone? I'm the guy that watches the reps' performance, by seat, by center, by project and by company.

I make sure we're following guidelines as far as production numbers go (call length, time between calls, appropriate staffing), and I do a lot of data recording and reporting along with that.

Since it's the night shift it's usually pretty calm by the time I arrive, and it's a sitting job.

Past jobs include cook, another phone job, cook, cook, stocker for a store, cutlery sales, stocking for another store, some temp work at a printing press and more phone stuff.

I've spent a lot of the last eight years on the road, establishing myself, so it's kinda good that I've been here for a while, now. Guess things are evening out as an old man's age wears on him. XD

As for Caustic, I honestly suggest you look at inbound call centers - they hire readily and you can quickly get promoted as long as you can put up with irritating co-workers on your way up.

I've done almost everything possible for this company, but the current job is easily my favorite (cuz I get to interweb all the time!).  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:14 pm
I'm too young to work but I volulenteer at the local hospital.
Which is also named after a saint.

cup_noodles

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:43 pm
I now have TWO jobs! Yeah, thats right! BOO YAS!

*sits in a corner* Sorry...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:48 pm
One time I had three part time jobs at once.

That goes on the list of things I don't do again.  

Theophrastus

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:29 pm
The first real job I had was a retail job. It was horrid. I'd never do it again, although I kept it all four years of college. I don't know why. After four years, I JUST broke $6 an hour. >_>

Currently, I'm employed at a closed captioning company. And while the pay is only $21,000 a year, they have good benefits. It's really a neat job. I like it, for the most part. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:36 pm
Six months out of the year, I travel, working at renaissance festivals. We call ourselves rennies, and we're nomads, living in tents during the time we spend on the road. We get paid under the table, making it from weekend to weekend on a hundred dollars a week and love every moment of it.

It's the off season right now so I'm working at a call center, helping people fix their internet connections. That's my plan... make a few thousand to live off of, then spend six months in a row partying, sleeping under the stars, living totally out of the loop.  

A Murder of Angels

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:39 pm
Sea World San Diego, I work in Merchandise. Really, it's the best section there. Everyone's so chill. My bosses are the best. Coworkers are awesome, too. It's an average-paying job with medical, dental, life, and a free 48 pack of beer monthly if you're 21 and up. No, I'm not making that up. It's also a great place to make friends.

I know I'm pimping out a job that seems lame, but I like it a lot.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:48 pm
A Murder of Angels
Six months out of the year, I travel, working at renaissance festivals. We call ourselves rennies, and we're nomads, living in tents during the time we spend on the road. We get paid under the table, making it from weekend to weekend on a hundred dollars a week and love every moment of it.

It's the off season right now so I'm working at a call center, helping people fix their internet connections. That's my plan... make a few thousand to live off of, then spend six months in a row partying, sleeping under the stars, living totally out of the loop.

That sounds AWESOME. Take me with you. heart  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:43 pm
A Murder of Angels

Dude, I am SO jealous! That sounds so great. I love going to the Ren Fair that happens here in CO. Do you come here?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 am
Hah, I'm pathetic... But hopefully my interview went well and I got the job as a Gatehouse Officer at bunker park. I'll work Memorial Day all the way to Labor Day  

Robthebob

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:02 am

I just got hired to work at Burger King today. :/
    Not the best thing.. But I need something to pay for car insurance.
    >.<;;
    DAMN YOU CAR INSURANCE!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:13 pm
I've worked as a care asisstant and a data entry clerk. Both were relatively boring jobs, although the care assistant position was quite demanding, physically and mentally.

Now however, I am unemployed. I'm currently doing the European Computer Driving Licence in order to get some solid proof that says, I am computer literate. It's no good just walking up to an employer and stating that I am more versed in computerness than the average jo, they need proof. Eventually I hope to land myself in an Administration position.  

Sutasie

Arios V

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:51 pm
Currently I'm unemployed.

Back when I had a job, I was employed at a store called Things Remembered at the local mall from last April until January. I got laid off due to budget problems. I didn't really like that job.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:13 pm
PickleBoy
A Murder of Angels

Dude, I am SO jealous! That sounds so great. I love going to the Ren Fair that happens here in CO. Do you come here?
Are you kidding?! The Colorado Renaissance Festival is my home show!! That's the show that got me on circuit in the first place. that's where I grew up. That's awesome.... perhaps we'll see each other! xd  

A Murder of Angels

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:30 am
A Murder of Angels
PickleBoy
A Murder of Angels

Are you kidding?! The Colorado Renaissance Festival is my home show!! That's the show that got me on circuit in the first place. that's where I grew up. That's awesome.... perhaps we'll see each other! xd

YEAH! I LOVE THE CO REN FAIR! w00t! Dude, I am SO going this summer! What do you usually work?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff