Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Lesson List - Schedule (ooh pretty colors) - please check!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:07 am
Haha ..yeah .. you can help me teach html ..
are you a frame lover..
i used to be a bit excessive with my inline frames ~_~  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:44 pm
So when do we start on these? I think the ones with more demand should be done first.  

tiranaki

Fashionable Hoarder

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:57 pm
I think we should start with design basics... and maybe we could run a html basics tutorial at the same time. I guess we can start whenever the people running those tutorials can get started?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:02 am
GhoSt-X
Haha ..yeah .. you can help me teach html ..
are you a frame lover..
i used to be a bit excessive with my inline frames ~_~

Well, it makes navigation easier. sweatdrop So, yeah, I love them. whee  

Kuraino Tenshi

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:42 pm
alot of the time its great .. but you find that pro sites almost never use them .. (by pro i mean corporate type pages) ... makes it harder to run scripts n stuff ..

but you fins they r qwuite nice for personal sites ...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:33 pm
Chisa
I think we should start with design basics... and maybe we could run a html basics tutorial at the same time. I guess we can start whenever the people running those tutorials can get started?

We could start with design basics, or any of them really. A lot of them can be done w/o knowing design, like HTML, book-making, and painting. Of course, knowing basic design wouldn't hurt... I'd say just whoever wants to go should make their tutorial, then just post here to let everyone know it's ready so they can post it when we decide.  

jam-wired

Novocain

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:50 am
i could do a tutorial on the pen tool in Illustrator. it would be easier for me to complete it if i had a deadline rather than if i were asked when to have it done by.

assuming that one goes well i could do a sketch tutorial too.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:34 pm
GhoSt-X
alot of the time its great .. but you find that pro sites almost never use them .. (by pro i mean corporate type pages) ... makes it harder to run scripts n stuff ..

but you fins they r qwuite nice for personal sites ...

True. It seems most pros use tables and some sort of web programming (PHP, ASP, etc) to format their sites.  

Kitsunehime

Acis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:54 pm
what kinda programmes are best to use for html??
the only on i can think of that we have is... uh... microsoft front page
quality
are there any good programmes online
bearing in mind that we only have about 600mbs left on our hardrive  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:56 pm
and could we also do a few that don't nessecerely rely on pcs... like the design principals
and perhaps discussions and such like afterwards where we can add stuff or ask questions  

Acis

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:42 pm
Acis
quality

Dreamweaver is good, and it seems most web design employers require you to know how to use it well. But it is veryyyy expensive. If you're just going to be working completely with html, its not really necessary, you can just do it all in a simple text editor like Notepad. All the html editors really do is make the words pretty colours so its a little easier to keep track of what things are, and some autofill things... all stuff that isn't really hard to do manually anyway. I'm not sure about any free html editors online....  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:46 pm
i like notepad!
i havent used dreamweaver in a while .. but i think i should .. hehe ^___^  

GhoSt-X

Kitsunehime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:32 pm
Acis
quality

If you don't have much space, I'd think Notepad is best. But, with Notepad, you have to know how to code raw HTML.
As for others, I'm afraid I don't know. sweatdrop I've only ever used Notepad.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:30 pm
Looking at this list makes me all excited all over again to be doing these classes. I don't have much time to write them.... but I really want to work on them! So I will plan on spending some time every week on one or more, and maybe we can have some more soon! Yay!!  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

Kitsunehime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:44 pm
About the CG tutorial, are we each going to do one (since we have three people for it), or one big tutorial, along with various tips and tricks listed by everyone?

BTW, I've got the basic steps of a tutorial down already, it just needs a few more touch-ups. It's for CGing inked drawings, but I can change that if neccessary. whee  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff