Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Avenged Sevenfold Guild
How very mature to hate a band once they become popular ... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gheg
  iughj
View Results

Zellian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:28 am
I don't like it when people do that, I think that's just really stupid.
People do that with Fall Out Boy alot, because they're so mainstream and all they're all like, 'Ew, they're gay because they're mainstream and have teenyboppers and fan girls liking them and blah blah blah'
They can shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:52 am
AvengedFreyafold
IAMSEX
Yeah exactly. He just has this thing where he hates it when bands who normally scream send out albums where they start to sing more.

Yet he listens to Panic! At the Disco..tell me that's singing (well an attempt at singing anyway). So really I don't see the problem at all, they still sound awesome, they've just matured a little.

According to my friend, M damaged his voice, so he could not scream like he used to.
Yeah I heard that to.  

Death God Tsukasa

Master of DOOM Bees

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:38 pm
now that theyve become popular, it just means that we'll get to see more of them on tours and all sorts of other places.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:40 pm
AvengedFreyafold Wrote:
IAMSEX Wrote:
Yeah exactly. He just has this thing where he hates it when bands who normally scream send out albums where they start to sing more.

Yet he listens to Panic! At the Disco..tell me that's singing (well an attempt at singing anyway). So really I don't see the problem at all, they still sound awesome, they've just matured a little.

According to my friend, M damaged his voice, so he could not scream like he used to.

Yeah I heard that to.

Yeah, he had to get a surgery on his throat a year or two ago and i dont think he wants to risk damaging it .  

Master of DOOM Bees

Toxic Kiss_x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:04 am
AvengedFreyafold
IAMSEX

I am that friend! M can still scream! but he doesn't as much as he used to.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:18 pm
I know. I hate when ppl say their never gonna listen to A7X now cus they came out in the radio and became famous.
If u truly like them then ull be happy 4 them.  

Shtriga Reaper

MisVengeanceRox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:58 pm
i was a wee bit mad when they did but i could NEVER stop loving them they rock man its not even funny but i will be really p)ssed if like they became like acdc where they have shirts that people wear just cuz its cool or summat  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:00 pm
~ ~
I know. I when ppl say their never gonna listen to A7X now cus they came out in the radio and became famous.
If u truly like them then ull be happy 4 them.

i know i am so out of it but what song is on the radio i really dont listen to the radio at all  

MisVengeanceRox

faithfulfiend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:53 am
i hate people like that, u like they band or u dont... and if u dont like them cuz more people like them then thats ur loss  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:45 am
My brother talks s**t about them all the time. He says they have no skills... and when I say "Play Bat Contry", he says "No, I can't play that fast."

stare

Then a week later he said he M.I.A was a good song. I swear to god I would have b***h slapped him if he couldn't lift so much. He'd beat me to a s**t pile.

Scotty Calibur

xX Miss Murder Xx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:00 pm
I hate this whole "mainstream" term. Every band that gets lots of fans gets considered one, and immediately assumes the title of "being better before they became mainstream."

I noticed it happened especially to AFI, with the new sounds. Like people have said, it's their loss, if fans don't like them because lots of other people do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:58 pm
I always thought it was ridiculous when people get pissed off when a band goes mainstream. Thats what a band strives for to get success and then when they finally get where theyve always dreamed about it a bunch of people just turn thier back.

All bands change over time. Either because they want to or the label wants them too. Every band conforms in some little way. Like you wouldnt try to make a swing band big today becasue it just wouldnt go *unless you went to some senoir home* You can hear how differnt each one of thier albums is. If city of evil is what got them recognized then good for them. I only have Warmness on the Sould and Awaken the Fallen. Ive only heard a couple songs off City of Evil so I cant really judge wether it sounds like s**t or not lolz.  

AugenVonDerSadtxxx

miss shadows

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:06 pm
some of my friends...
they hate how they look
and there music
it makes me really sad that they hate em
stare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:00 am
miss shadows
some of my friends...
they hate how they look
and there music
it makes me really sad that they hate em
stare

Yeah some of my friends dont like them either... or sad to say they hated them once they came out with City of Evil. I live in a place wheres its mostly rap or hip hop so they have no clue who the hell Avenged Sevenfold is.  

AugenVonDerSadtxxx

Emiri Sioux

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:50 pm
The reason people don't like when bands get mainstream is because there are people who only wear bands shirt because they think it's "cool" but they don't listen to the band.

That doesn't happen when bands are underground.  
The Avenged Sevenfold Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff