Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Which controls are better to you????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:38 pm
Technically they are the same. I guess to me, it's not the controls that I'm talking about, it's the gameplay style. And I prefer still camera.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:47 pm
the original controls at first were hard to understand but once i got used to them i started to like them but the new aiming sytem and controls for RE4 are real fun to use.  

[DarkRini]

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:43 pm
Certain things change. I think certain things have to stay the same. I mean, since 1980's, Final Fantasy games had a turn based system. Then, Square released Kingdom Hearts, and the fighting system was real time, and it was new and different, but I just couldn't get into it. Imagine if all Final Fantasy games became real time.
Imagine if Metal Gear Solid became a first person shooter.
Imagine if Halo became a platformer.

Certain things just gotta stay the same, no matter how much you want to change them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:07 am
i wonder what the earlier games would have been like wit h the controls of 4...um intresting thought  

Ivory Lie

MilitantClockwork

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:44 am
I like turn-based and I like realtime...but when it comes to shooters I like
3rd person (Ie Metal Gear and Resident Evil) and First Person. (Ie. Goldeneye 007...greatest Rareware game since Donkey Kong Country. *removes cap respectfully*)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:56 am
It would be interesting like Biohazard suggested to see the game with the original controles but with RE4's aiming system, mainly because the RE4 system kinda takes away the scary aspect of the game

As said before RE4 is a great action game but not really a horror so back to the question I would choose the original controls as it creats more of an atmosphere.

Edit
sorry lol I ment controls not still camera sweatdrop  

Blue--Phoenix

Resident Isaka
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:08 pm
Blue--Phoenix
It would be interesting like Biohazard suggested to see the game with the still camera but with RE4's aiming system. Mainly because the RE4 system kinda takes away the scary aspect of the game, though if they were to do as previously suggested they should render everything in 3d rather than static.

As said before RE4 is a great action game but not really a horror so back to the question I would choose the original controls as it creats more of an atmosphere.

I don't think the stilll camera and RE4 aim system would work together. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:21 pm
Guess we wont find out since the next RE looks to be alot like RE though its just an idea lol  

Blue--Phoenix

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:46 pm
Well, RE5 WILL be done with the same system as RE4, that's been confirmed.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

That's what I thought.  

Resident Isaka
Crew

MilitantClockwork

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:45 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Oh no, no more "what's around that corner...I can't see! gonk " ?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:27 am
It's more like, "Oh, the tense music is still playing. I guess I haven't killed all 50+ enemies in this area and got my free ammo from them. Because all monsters that carry pitchforks have a clip or two with them. That or GOLD. More GOLD!  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:51 am
Hey, hey, hey, calm down... maybe they'll smarten up from that. Although it is doubtful. D: I wish it would be like "Soft music is playing, matched with the desert sand underneath your shoes. What's around the corner? Is there something behind you? Looks like you'd better run... and then BAM! A monster jumps out from an alleyway and you s**t your pants." xd There were a few times when I jumped... mainly when a Ganado stabbed me or something from behind. Even RE: DS put a few scares in. o_o; *walks around a corner and gets slashed by a Hunter the minute the camera angle changes* >_>;  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:48 am
Someone should do a parody on that. Ganados attacking Leon, while one of them is standing with a boom box playing intense music like, "What are you starin at, Esse'!?"  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:41 pm
I know there doing the RE4 control system like you all said (which I don't care for), but I'm glad that there going to add older features from previous RE games. I hope they don't go for that high and mighty action pack BS they did in RE4.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff