Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Is that a Jedi? =D Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whip It Out!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:05 pm
Saradiel
I lent one that a friend of mine gave me (the same ultimate one) and never got it back ;_; I got this one last year for christmas
i am -not- lending it to him then. I mean. He's not the most trustworthy person. I mean, he just got a chemical burn because he got splashed with the napalm he was making. I dun want HOLES through my -BIBLE-  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:03 pm
not to encourage distrust among friends, but.... good idea ^_^  

Marisynos

Whip It Out!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:14 pm
Saradiel
not to encourage distrust among friends, but.... good idea ^_^
Billy's one of those people whom you don't trust unless you constantly have one eye on him. He's a nice kid.......but.........xD yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:20 am
gonk *imagining Arthur using Jedi mind tricks to prepare a cup of tea* *head explodes*

I've been trying to convert my brother but he's really resistant to the idea of reading anything. I got one of my friends interested in it, and she went to the library to find the book, but for some awful crackheaded reason, her school's library did not have it.  

circuit sparks

Marisynos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:17 am
the university library has only one of the later books... So I'm toting my Ultimate around now.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:04 pm
Spike_Theta
blaugh Ah, don't sweat it about the kid, they just didn't quite grasp what HHGG was all about. But some people are just so... ughk... that to them, anything about space is a Star Wars ripoff. xp
Example:
Historic footage of the Apollo moon landing? *affecting a valley girl sort of inflection* Like, ohmigodz! rolleyes Such a "Star Wars" ripoff. Eww. xp
(and she doesn't use Google because it's ugly and plain, too. evil )

Arthur a Jedi...yeah, right. whee Closest thing we've is Ford Prefect the ex-Pralite monk. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As for "Men in Black" ripoff... stare Riiight. Show me where in "Men in Black" the Earth gets blown up and towels are very important and Infinitely Improbable and-
And show me where in "Star Wars" there's a character who would rather slag off and have a drink than save the universe or penguins or...
I'd choose a Kill-O-Zap gun over a lightsaber any day. Remember Indiana Jones's preferred method of eliminating swordplayers? whee

In conclusion, stupid people suck. >< *wanders off into the sunset, ranting about people who don't use Google because etc. etc.*

Arthur is a jedi only in the sense that he is freaking awesome.

Show me where in "men in black" there was remotely good plot support.

Han Solo likes a drink once in a while.  

cant_delete_accounts

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:18 pm
tombrend
Han Solo likes a drink once in a while.

whee Yeah, I know, but still...

And btw, that was the 1000th post in this forum. Congratulations, to you and all of us, and may the next thousand be just as informatively hilarious. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...I read the post count when I came in, that's how.

Oh, and regarding the Ultimate Guides: I have the leatherboundgiltedged edition as well. blaugh Usually when I want someone I know to read HHGG, I just give 'em the whole trilogy for Xmas. heart

...and my school library has one copy of the first book, two copies of the third, and one of the last, which quite frankly just makes my brain hurt. ><;  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:34 pm
Spike_Theta
Ultimate Guides: I have the leatherboundgiltedged edition as well.

If you mean the black and gold big thick book, I have the same one.

I got it for my birthday.

And I got another late present on Saturday- another Douglas Adams book.

heart

My friends and family are awesome.

Verax

Pashunath

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:24 pm
I have a copy of the Ultimate Guide that has sat in my satchel for 5 years and I show it to everyone! I must convert the world!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:59 am
I have in my house that green one, with all five of them.
it's my aunts, and I've had it for a while.  

mcm

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:52 am
whiskey tango foxtrot? HHG2TG != Star Wars, however awesome both may be.

gonk stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:14 am
You all have such intresting copies - All I've got is a hardback 5 part trilogy, 1st edition hardback of the Salmon of Doubt, 2 paperback Dirk Gentleys, and the papaerback Meaning of Liff.  

Zoutout

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:28 pm
Hooray! I have successfully converted my best friend's boyfriend into a fully obsessed HHGG fan!  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games