Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon Manga Reprint in 2006 PIX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syndrama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:02 am
BluePenguinPJs
Will they be realeased in the US in like a year or so??

Considering they came out TWO years ago... probably not. Kodansha Manga isn't getting as much profit as Shounen Jump Publications right now, so they won't risk import translations for now, I'm betting. America likes Shounen-style stories unles it's Yaoi, it seems.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:30 pm
I think the info that is in that other thread should be moved into this one. But since I haven't read much of the manga (I have a few of the comic versions, but no graphic novels), I really would like them to bring it over, even if they have changed them (updated, condensed, whatever).  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

User_8572

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:57 am
This is in the first thread i made, sorry i made 2, i accidentally pressed the button twice so... anyways, here's what the other said...

So this is just for fun but a company reissued the rights (for only Japan) to re-release the Sailor Moon series with minor changes to the pictures and to squeeze all 18 books in 12 bigger books. If you go on eBay you can find these new copies available from 5-10 dollars a piece (I, myself have bought all 12, the 2 special books and the new Sailor V series too). These books are larger and more colorful in their covers and have the fold out posters (as did the originals) but the pictures now are re-done pix that Naoko has created, you can defiantly tell her drawing skills have changed since 1992 when it was 1st released. They also made 2 special books of Chibi-usa's picture diaries and the random small stories that had not much to do with the main 5 plots with the senshi. Then there are 2 Sailor V books (originally there were 3, now 2 big ones). These books have stickers, posters and fun new comic pages inside!! Lemme know if you own or have seen these, spread the fun news, maybe someday America will see the return of Sailor Moon and done the right way this time!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am
Kawaki
This is in the first thread i made, sorry i made 2, i accidentally pressed the button twice so... anyways, here's what the other said...

So this is just for fun but a company reissued the rights (for only Japan) to re-release the Sailor Moon series with minor changes to the pictures and to squeeze all 18 books in 12 bigger books. If you go on eBay you can find these new copies available from 5-10 dollars a piece (I, myself have bought all 12, the 2 special books and the new Sailor V series too). These books are larger and more colorful in their covers and have the fold out posters (as did the originals) but the pictures now are re-done pix that Naoko has created, you can defiantly tell her drawing skills have changed since 1992 when it was 1st released. They also made 2 special books of Chibi-usa's picture diaries and the random small stories that had not much to do with the main 5 plots with the senshi. Then there are 2 Sailor V books (originally there were 3, now 2 big ones). These books have stickers, posters and fun new comic pages inside!! Lemme know if you own or have seen these, spread the fun news, maybe someday America will see the return of Sailor Moon and done the right way this time!!

I WANT!!
gonk

Rabbit-eyes

pink robotic techno kitty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:55 am
~Alechsa~
*just thought of something* Aren't there 13 Tankubon?
yeah, there are. the cover that's missing is actually an old picture takeuchi did, one of the scenes with usagi and mamoru in bed. i believe that volume is for all the side stories. 3nodding

Eternal_Eos
They are so pretty - it makes me wanna but the manga again just for the covers ^^
not only are the covers re~done, but also in the manga, there are a couple panels that got redrawn, and very minor changes in dialogue. i haven't seen them myself, but i saw scans on genvid, when they were covering the re~releases. 3nodding

~Alechsa~
hansonangel
Me too and you know its says Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon thats were they got the idea from instead of the anime..

There's a PGSM manga, too, actually. Has pictures of the girls, I think... not sure, I haven't seen them. I'll check eternalsailormoon.com.
actually, they just changed the transation of "senshi" so that the manga would be linked to the television series. the japanese characters haven't been changed, just the english.

and i think that the pgsm manga you heard about is probably a doujinshi or something, since there wasn't ever an official pgsm manga. either that or some other product that isn't really manga...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:34 pm
Hope they release here. I want them.  

Ryuondo

User_8572

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:28 am
Ok, so here are the rest because I KNOW you wanted to see them...

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:27 pm
What's interesting is that the poses for the inner senshi covers are from the coloring book for the live action series, only without the henshin braclets...  

Darkness Cake

Chibicat16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:55 am
They redid them that cool I wanna go out abd buy them now. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:07 am
I want I want I want! They're so pretty. <3333333333333333333  

The[Princess]

Fashionable Millionaire

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

ElaborateDream

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:15 pm
now im gonna hafta get a job crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:22 pm
so pretty. i love uranus  

Enniel

Pretty_Bride_Anshii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:44 pm
Enniel
so pretty. i love uranus

heart heart Haruka's tha s**t. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:40 pm
I like Venus's book the bestest (cuz that's a word damn it!!) It has pretty rainbows and stuffs~  

User_8572

Harajukuboy_14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:21 pm
I like them alot. But where can I get them??? I go to boreders bookstore and they only sell these old mangas that I already have. I WANT MORE!!!!! Please pm me with info. heart and heart heart heart SAILOR VENUS ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!! heart heart heart

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff