Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Ever accidentally set your self on fire? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Worst injury ever was...
  A broken bone.
  Many broken bones.
  Severe sprain.
  Severe wound. (like a cut)
  Head trauma.
  Burn.
  Near drowning.
  Misc. medical condition.
  I died, but I've been reborn.
View Results

Muaethia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:20 am
How are the burns doing, Dathu? Healing well? How long did they say they'll take? Get well soon mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:02 pm
Muaethia
How are the burns doing, Dathu? Healing well? How long did they say they'll take? Get well soon mrgreen
Fine, thanks. All that's left is some light colored skin. But my injuries are nothing compared to some other people that've posted.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 am
Dathu
Muaethia
Fine, thanks. All that's left is some light colored skin. But my injuries are nothing compared to some other people that've posted.

But yours are more important of course, for thou art Dathu. xD

Just kidding. Other people matter too. Especially me.
I haven't had any really major injuries though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:16 am
Muaethia

Anthropomorphic person

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:44 am
Anthropomorphic person
Muaethia

Why did you just quote this? Dathu just answered a few posts above.
If you just wanted to wish him well, typing posts of your own out is still a very good thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:30 pm
I gave myself a second or really bad first degree burn once with a measuring cup of full of hot water. I didn't do anything about it because I knew my mom would call me a dumbass. Also, I had kidney surgery when I was in elementary school because one of my kidneys was ******** up. I won't explain what problems it was causing...

That's all for me. Nothing to severe. But I do sort of vaguely know someone who fell into a bonfire. All kinds of burns on her. O_o

S. Shark

Muaethia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:32 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:28 pm
Muaethia
sybex Shark
I gave myself a second or really bad first degree burn once with a measuring cup of full of hot water. I didn't do anything about it because I knew my mom would call me a dumbass. Also, I had kidney surgery when I was in elementary school because one of my kidneys was ******** up. I won't explain what problems it was causing...

That's all for me. Nothing to severe. But I do sort of vaguely know someone who fell into a bonfire. All kinds of burns on her. O_o

It's called a 'scald' if you get 'burnt' with water. And if it was still in liquid form, the water would not have been over 100?C, so i doubt they would be 'second degree' burns.

Ouchie, anyway sweatdrop . I have a habit of foolishly plunging my hands into sinks full of really hot water, especially at school in food tech lessons sweatdrop

I once burnt my fingers on boiling sugar (we decided to make skittle muffins...) and I couldn't feel anything through my fingertips for a couple of days xd

That bonfire thing sounds awful.
Well, still, it didn't go away for a long time. It hurt to put a shirt on. And to move. cry

But that's fun. xd I touch hot wax on purpose sometimes. There's a reason I'm no longer allowed to have fire...

Yeah. I never saw her, but she had to get tons of skin grafting and... argh...

S. Shark

Aimee_Jayde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:16 pm
My injuries are nothing compared to the ones some of my friends get.

One of my friends accedentally shot himself in the knee with a nailgun. Instead of going to the hospital, he went to swing dance class.

My boyfriend just about took his finger off with a jigsaw, and the other day he managed to get at least three cuts while cleaning.

Another one of my friends clotheslined himself on airplane wire. We took him to the emergency room, mostly because his neck appeared to be bleeding.

My friends need to stop injuring themselves. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:23 am
Aimee_Jayde
My injuries are nothing compared to the ones some of my friends get.

One of my friends accedentally shot himself in the knee with a nailgun. Instead of going to the hospital, he went to swing dance class.

My boyfriend just about took his finger off with a jigsaw, and the other day he managed to get at least three cuts while cleaning.

Another one of my friends clotheslined himself on airplane wire. We took him to the emergency room, mostly because his neck appeared to be bleeding.

My friends need to stop injuring themselves. stare

What's airplane wire?  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Sinak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:38 pm
Over the summer I broke my left arm, clean cut, had it in a brace for four weeks and a cast for three.

I have almost drowned over 7 times.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:51 pm
I once cut the tip of my finger off with an exacto-knife...I didn't even realise I had done it until blood started to seep all over the model I was working on. Then it started to hurt like hell.  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:58 pm
Google Guillain-Barré syndrome, I had that when I was in fifth grade. I had to stay in the hospital for three days, and stay at home for almost a month.

They suspect that Franklin Roosevelt's paralysis was caused by Guillain-Barré syndrome now, rather than Poliomyelitis as thought at the time.

Basically, you lose practically all motor function of your body, including your bladder. It started with my legs and worked its way up over about a week, then I was put in the hospital, then it slowly worked its way back down until I was well again.

To this day, my legs aren't quite as strong as average.

They didn't tell me at the time, but it's potentially fatal. Your heart can stop along with the rest of your muscles. Luckily, this tends to happen less frequently with children, and I was nine at the time.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:55 pm
My worst injury happened to me at first job. I was working at a exotic pet store and I got bitten by a black and white tegu(a type of monitor lizard) while trying to pull it out the cage for a customer who wanted to get it. The bite gave me eleven stitches. Funny thing was after that happened the customer still bought it lol  

Zambimaru

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:38 pm
My little brother broke my arm once. He weighs like.. 200-ish pounds. XD I'm 110. Basically.. we were on a trampoline, and I sat for a moment and was stretching my arm. Next thing I know my brother's on it and it's bent at an odd angle.. and hurt like hell : D;; Had a nice cast for a few weeks. o.o;  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff