Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:02 pm
Double post...blah...sorry bout this...but it didn't seem to fit well with the other post...

Here we go, some pics of named Jrockers above that might have influenced some AS characters.

Full (Guniw Tools, Nookicky) --> Belial/Madhatter
Lots of makeup
BohoVictorian chic...

Kirito (Pierrot) --> Lucifer
Why do I have so many pics of Kirito...
Because they're easy to find!
These pictures are all very old, ne
All from 2000 and before...
You can see the hair and eye makeup, yes?
A lot like Lucifer...

Hyde (L'arc en ciel, solo, questionable actor) --> Rosiel
These pictures are even older...
Hyde no longer looks like a woman

hope thats a point of reference for all of you who are less familiar with jrock :3  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:48 pm
Oooh, I never knew that Kaori Yuki liked Pierrot whee . *is big Pierrot fan*

And I thought it was just a coincidence that their works share similar themes at times (maybe she drew inspiration from certain Pierrot songs?) . Or maybe it's just me and my tendancy to relate cetain things domokun .

Pierrot is great, I really like the Freeze album. Some of the stuff before Freeze was really lackluster, but they came back with a really great album ::nods::  

Raisetsu

achromatic grey

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:28 am
Sai-kun
Double post...blah...sorry bout this...but it didn't seem to fit well with the other post...

Here we go, some pics of named Jrockers above that might have influenced some AS characters.

Full (Guniw Tools, Nookicky) --> Belial/Madhatter
Lots of makeup
BohoVictorian chic...

Kirito (Pierrot) --> Lucifer
Why do I have so many pics of Kirito...
Because they're easy to find!
These pictures are all very old, ne
All from 2000 and before...
You can see the hair and eye makeup, yes?
A lot like Lucifer...

Hyde (L'arc en ciel, solo, questionable actor) --> Rosiel
These pictures are even older...
Hyde no longer looks like a woman

hope thats a point of reference for all of you who are less familiar with jrock :3

that first one of full...wow. xd JUST LIKE HIM!...or should it be her? sweatdrop

thanks a lot!

I like pierrot too....I haven't heard that much, considering how much they've done but I like the recent stuff lots too, like smiley skeleton. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:38 am
I have another of Full...I was hunting for this picture but couldnt find it before. Here it is!

Mana and Full  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:15 am
Ooooh, so many pages I have to look at... Well, I'd better get started then! 3nodding

Except for J-rock, does anyone know about other things that have inspired Yuki to make her stories? Like books, films, paintings etc.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:37 am
I've only listened to Malice Mizer's N.p.s.N.g.s and I'm starting to like it! But sadly, I don't know where to find their music... crying I'd very like to hear more from them, but I would also like to hear Glay, X Japan, Dir en Grey and more good J-rockbands.
Can anyone please tell me where I can find J- rock music?
I'm desperate! gonk  

[Lagrashu]

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:28 am
Mahiro
I've only listened to Malice Mizer's N.p.s.N.g.s and I'm starting to like it! But sadly, I don't know where to find their music... crying I'd very like to hear more from them, but I would also like to hear Glay, X Japan, Dir en Grey and more good J-rockbands.
I'm desperate! gonk

P2P programs like SoulSeek and Winmx are good for jrock. Also bittorrent...
I have some XJapan, most of Diru's dicography and some Glay, though I'd have to search for the data disk theyre on since I burned it off years ago and dont like Glay very much, so I never bothered to dig it up again.
You can request if you like and I'll see if I have it...  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:00 pm
random thought: I forget how much I like Luna Sea sometimes...

Reaaaallly liking Love Song right now...::grooves::  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:06 pm
Sanekazura
Ooooh, so many pages I have to look at... Well, I'd better get started then! 3nodding

Except for J-rock, does anyone know about other things that have inspired Yuki to make her stories? Like books, films, paintings etc.

There's a lot of influence from Lewis Carroll's Alice and Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass and old European fairytales and nursery rhymes, not only in Ludwig Kakumei but elsewhere (like God Child).

There are some objects that Kaori Yuki has in posession that were drawn into the manga like bird cages and clocks and what not...
There's some stuff that really existed like scold's bridle (the chapter title is called Scold's Bride, which could be a) Engrish or b) a play on words) which was a muzzle-like contraption used on mental patients in the 19th century who were thought to talk too much/make too much noise. In the manga it was the weird mask the deformed girl wore.
One assumes the shackle device in Castrato chapter is based on a real contraption as well.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:41 am
Sai-kun
Sanekazura

There's a lot of influence from Lewis Carroll's Alice and Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass and old European fairytales and nursery rhymes, not only in Ludwig Kakumei but elsewhere (like God Child).

There are some objects that Kaori Yuki has in posession that were drawn into the manga like bird cages and clocks and what not...
There's some stuff that really existed like scold's bridle (the chapter title is called Scold's Bride, which could be a) Engrish or b) a play on words) which was a muzzle-like contraption used on mental patients in the 19th century who were thought to talk too much/make too much noise. In the manga it was the weird mask the deformed girl wore.
One assumes the shackle device in Castrato chapter is based on a real contraption as well.

I have the feeling that I'm the only one around here who hasn't read Alice iW. sweatdrop I was always more into Astrid Lindgren as a child...

Mostly english tales and rhymes, right? I used to read those old rhymes when I were little, and seeing them in Cain now gives me the strangest feeling. whee
She must have been reading some victorian ghost stories before doing CC. That manga is like a mix ot those and Sherlock Holmes...  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

[Lagrashu]

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:02 am
Sai-kun
Mahiro
I'm desperate! gonk

I have some XJapan, most of Diru's dicography and some Glay, though I'd have to search for the data disk theyre on since I burned it off years ago and dont like Glay very much, so I never bothered to dig it up again.

I tried to download bittorrent, but my internet didn't work for a long time after that and I don't want to destroy our new computer..
But SoulSeek and Winmx, are those file-sharing programs? Where do I find them?

Ah, you don't have to do that for me. I'm fine, thank you. Don't bother to dig after your old CD's. wink  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:13 am
Mahiro
Sai-kun
Mahiro
I'm desperate! gonk

I tried to download bittorrent, but my internet didn't work for a long time after that and I don't want to destroy our new computer..
But SoulSeek and Winmx, are those file-sharing programs? Where do I find them?

Ah, you don't have to do that for me. I'm fine, thank you. Don't bother to dig after your old CD's. wink

Soulseek and winmx have their own sites, just google those terms :3
I dont mind sharing, I just need to know what you want ^_^
I also do sporadic uploads of stuff in my lj.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

[Lagrashu]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:05 am
Aha! Now I've finally found some good music! *so proud of herself*
I really like Miyavi, he sings very cool music. 3nodding I really like Night In Girl.
Gackt is looking very beautiful, have a great voice, but sadly, his music aren't so good.. (except when he was in Malice Mizer)
X Japan's Crucify My Love is pretty good too.
(oh, I'm such a loser.. xp )  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:12 pm
Mahiro
Aha! Now I've finally found some good music! *so proud of herself*
I really like Miyavi, he sings very cool music. 3nodding I really like Night In Girl.
Gackt is looking very beautiful, have a great voice, but sadly, his music aren't so good.. (except when he was in Malice Mizer)
X Japan's Crucify My Love is pretty good too.
(oh, I'm such a loser.. xp )

^_^ Miyavi's first album was good...his second album was kinda boring, but some of the singles were okay...after that...I dunno, his attention seems to be more on modeling than music now ^_^;;
Gackt is still kicking it...his Love Letter album was bleh...so was his acoustic remixes...but he's going back to rock/pop so all is good...I rather liked Mizerable through Crescent albums...but his reent three albums and most of his singles except for Ash really were awful...
I tend to go for rock, hard rock...my favorite artists/bands are Kagrra,, D, D'espairsRay, Imitation Pops Uchuu Sentai Noiz, Marusa, FAKE?, Akeboshi, Shiina Ringo, and Onmyouza :3  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Alzheimer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:30 pm
[. Kaori mentioned somewhere in her Angel Sanctuary manga that she likes L'arc~en~Ciel too, I believe. xO

Meh, I used to listen to visuel-kei bands, but nowadays, I enjoy listening to Korean rock more.
Fav. music would be Pierrot, TwilighT and Lucifer Luscious Violenoue. .]

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces