Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Lets Compare Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What one do you like the bestest?
  The Amine!
  The Manga!!
  The Live Action!!!
View Results

ElaborateDream

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:41 am
I like both the anime and manga, I never seen the live action one before so I cant vote on that one. I like the manga because it is so beautiful....the anime because it has more action and it's longer...>.>and has such pretty music  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:21 pm
I like the anime version better. The manga version is like a new story. There's alot of things the manga shows that the anime doesnt tell. That's how America finds out more information since they took the show off a long time ago and we never got to see the ending.  

Majoanma

Neo_Nightangale

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:34 am
I would have to say all three of them.

Manga- to me it has more detail and story plot of the scouts and real catches my eye. With all that’s happens in the manga it makes some things clear about the anime.

Live action- I found it funny and cute words I hardly use. The plot went as I though and everything was right on the mark.

Anime- the basic reason why I care for the anime is for the love of Serena and Darien of course but the introduction of the Outer senshi.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:58 pm
well I never really read the manga version and the live action just seems kinda strange. I grew up with the Anime so I would have to say the Anime.
(If the manga really is good can anyone tell me where to find ?)  

Vivi~chan64

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

User_8572

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:06 pm
Vivi~chan64
well I never really read the manga version and the live action just seems kinda strange. I grew up with the Anime so I would have to say the Anime.
(If the manga really is good can anyone tell me where to find ?)

About the only places let are Amazon.com and eBay, but they're totally worth the buy. It's Sailor Moon how Naoko wanted it to be told, pretty close to the same but the differences are awesome also!! There's 18 volumes of Sailor Moon~ Check out my 'Reprint 2006' to see the new ones released in Japan (even though you're probably not buying the Japanese ones they're still pretty) the old ones in english are pretty too  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Well I like the manga best. Because there's no changes. In my opinion the anime switched to many things, like adding the filler season of Alan and Anne. And I've never seen the Live Action; though I'd like to see it. I actually would advise people to read the manga first, then see the anime.

I got the entire manga set with the help of a friend off of ebay. And like Kawaki said; it's totally worth the buy.  

Angel Darkchylde

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:37 am
There are positive and negative aspects of each, but overall, I think I prefer the manga. The artwork is beautiful and the storyline is exactly what it was intended to be. No fillers, and you don't really have the monster-of-the-days like you do in the anime. In general, I prefer the characterization of the characters in the manga to the characters in the anime. I guess the only reason I would prefer the anime is that there are more hints that point to a relationship between Haruka and Michiru (it seems to me that Ikuhara is a fan of homosexual relationships), and I think I also prefer the anime versions of those characters to the manga. Well... certain aspects of them, anyway. And the live action is good in its own way. The effects are cheesy and it's very reminicent of Power Rangers, but it's just so adorable that I love it, anyway. I also like the fact that the characters stick more closely to how they were portrayed in the manga.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:43 am
Also, I am a fan of the manga and anime and the Live Action is cute, but in the anime they have those day-to-day monsters that get a little annoying but it makes for good character development- the manga is quick and to the point, like in book 1 you meet Moon-Jupiter but in the Anime it took 24 episodes before Makato appears. Plus you get side stories here and there in the anime that the manga didn't have time for (like Venus's past with Alan in London, but there is a Sailor V comic but still). And when the 'end' of a season really comes it actually took all year to get to that point, the manga took an hour to read. So i like how panned out it is because I think it gives you time to love the characters and get use to seeing them so when Galaxia rips out their starseeds or the inners die at the D-point in seaosn 1 you really cry because you where so use to them being, well, alive.  

User_8572

HikariShuyuki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:52 pm
Im attatched to the anime because it was the first thing i saw, then i got the manga and it was a lil different and shorter stories. I did see the live action and that wasnt bad it didnt follow the story line as i expected but it wasnt bad.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff