Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor uranus and sailor neptune Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yes or no?
yes
86%
 86%  [ 57 ]
no
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 66

Damita

Newbie Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:15 am
It's less acceptable to be gay in America and especially when it comes to children. They also deleted a few episodes becuase of it. That's why I only watch subbed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:53 am
Damita
It's less acceptable to be gay in America and especially when it comes to children. They also deleted a few episodes becuase of it. That's why I only watch subbed.

no, actually all the episodes from the S and SuperS aired. and the ones that didn't air in the previous seasons had nothing to do with homosexuality  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Pretty_Bride_Anshii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:55 pm
kawaiibunny3
yeah it's funny, everyone already knew they were lesbians
making them cousins just made it stranger...

but it's funny now, cause now whenever someone introduces me to their cousin, i giggle....

oh and to RebelJediKnight06: Adult Swim wasn't around back then, even if it was, they still would've shown it on Toonami because (marketing wise) it's retarted to make 2 seasons aimed at kids then come out with an anticipated sequel and make it adult....

besides, i never saw the hand thing as incestual...and they also made Michiru talk about old boyfriends in the dub (some dude named "Mike")...just to cover up the lesbian thing even more i guess and one line (that really makes me laugh) when Haruka says to Usagi"Oh, well if you and Darien are broken up, maybe i have a shot at him" or something along those lines...

it was more than just the 'cousins' thing in th dub, which just enforces my "Why can't they be friends?" question

xDD the differences in speach betewwn Haruka/Amara (HOW DID THEY GET AMARA OUT OF HARUKA?!) and Michiru/Michelle have always made me laugh. Haruka-san's posed a problem for SEVERAL dubs in SEVERAL languages...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:09 pm
i didnt watch that one...  

hell-o_kid50

JasktheRayne

5,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:16 am
have any of you seen the 5th season of it online. they are a couple there and the dialouge shows it too. cus in one episode, Micharu (or watever her name is) pulls Haruka away hard and says "hey touch me gentle dangit!" and then Micharu says, "we'll do that when were're alone."

is it just me or are the japanese NOT trying to get it dubbed for us. i want to see the english vos at work dangit!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:33 am
Kloudy
were you mad when the dubbed version made them cousins?

i know i was, i was like wtf scream

yes i was i was very upset. you can see that they Haruka is the male and Michiru is the is the woman. and yet it's ruined it saying they are cousins.  

Neo_Nightangale

ElaborateDream

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:44 am
I think it made it funny; like the episode with the game show for lovers. rofl

Any idiot could see that they were infact lovers, so instead of just plain lovers, they were insestial lovers...hm..  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:59 am
Oh yes it made me very mad! I was like "wtf! how could they do that??" and even more so because i like yaoi/yuri (mainly yaoi tho)
they're some freaky cousins... rofl  

-Vacca Foeda-

Ouka of Heaven and Hell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:54 pm
Well, the thing is, I'm kind of on the fence for this one. See, I was in like, 3rd grade when I started watching Sailor Moon on a local chanel cause I didn't bother with it when it was on Toonami. Stupid me. And I'd watch it before school. Since I was so young, if they'd made it for an older audience, I probably would've never gotten into it, since I watched it with my Grandma in the morning XD
And I remember the first episode they appeared in. All the Sailor girls thought that Haruka was a man, and they all wanted to be with 'him'. I could tell it was a woman, and that's what made it funny for me XD I don't remember them being cousins though...
I feel so stupid now, cause I never realized they were a couple until a coulple months ago when my friends told me. Of course I was mocked. XP But now, I love that couple!! I want to watch the subbed, but there's so many!!! crying I just want to pick out the really good ones. Can anyone give me the episode numbers so I can watch them on YouTube? pweety pweeze? whee heart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:25 am
I'm not sure I would go so far as to say 'mad', but I did think it was ridiculous. I had been watching the dub of Sailormoon S to see what they did with it, but once it was established that they were cousins, I stopped watching. I had already had about enough, anyway. The extremes they went to to cover up Haruka and Michiru's relationship are amusing, especially considering that the romantic aspect of their relationship is so subtle that it can be easily overlooked (particularly by children). But it is really is impossible to edit out the chemistry between them. They can have 'Michelle' go on about her ex-boyfriend all they want, but that doesn't change the fact that there is an intensity and subtle intimacy in the interaction between her and 'Amara'. I've always found it very amusing that rather than eliminating the homosexual undertones in their relationship, they added another taboo (incest) on top of it. Way to go, Cloverway. rolleyes

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

LibrarianThaedrisAedis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:29 am
They were affraid our little minds would explode at such a thought. They need to re-dub the series. THE CORRECT WAY.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:23 am
Cousins that hold hands and are ALWAYS together... either they were really good cousins or there were some "things" going on...  

Majikal Mayhem

Cool Loser

23,400 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Champion 300
  • Overstocked 200

User_8572

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:31 am
ouka_career_werewolf
Well, the thing is, I'm kind of on the fence for this one. See, I was in like, 3rd grade when I started watching Sailor Moon on a local chanel cause I didn't bother with it when it was on Toonami. Stupid me. And I'd watch it before school. Since I was so young, if they'd made it for an older audience, I probably would've never gotten into it, since I watched it with my Grandma in the morning XD
And I remember the first episode they appeared in. All the Sailor girls thought that Haruka was a man, and they all wanted to be with 'him'. I could tell it was a woman, and that's what made it funny for me XD I don't remember them being cousins though...
I feel so stupid now, cause I never realized they were a couple until a coulple months ago when my friends told me. Of course I was mocked. XP But now, I love that couple!! I want to watch the subbed, but there's so many!!! crying I just want to pick out the really good ones. Can anyone give me the episode numbers so I can watch them on YouTube? pweety pweeze? whee heart

These are all of the outer episodes: 90-127 (good eps in S, 92, 95, 96, 101, 102, 106, 108, 110, 124, 125, 126, 127) In SuperS there's a special in between eps 131 and 132, then in StarS 167-172, 179, 180, 184, 190, 195-200. Awesome!! Sure I probably forgot some but these are some great episodes!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:33 pm
Yeah, I thought it was kind of creepy when I first saw it because they were gay. I don't know, I guess they wanted it a little cleaner for the younger viewers. Insest is what it turned out to look like, my my. ninja  

WasabiMonster

Phoenix920

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:23 am
its kinda sad that they allow the who Ep that the girl thought uranus was a guy in. yet they won't allow them to be lovers. for shame editers. FOR SHAME  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff