Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Kaor Yuki's Alichino Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boredom_Kills

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:57 pm
I love Alichino it's so cool...... but Kaori Yuki didn't make that one........ confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:57 am
alicelights
I love Kaori Yuki's work but I find that there is somthing 'dead' in Alichino. I'm not sure what it is though. The stories seemed a little less credible than Yuki-san. I don't believe what I see, whereas I do in Kaori Yuki's works. Maybe this is because Kaori Yuki deals with the emotional in a way I can connect with? In which case, it may be purely down to tase.

Shurei-san draws some nice elaborate clothes though.

My thoughts exactly. When I first saw it on Sakura-crisis I thought that it looked like it'd be similar to one of Yuki's works, but I found it greatly lacking. The art is nice, but doesn't have the same life or attention to anatomy that Yuki's does. The story is also very different from Yuki's, well I take that back, it's a bit like Angel Sanctuary in the flow of the story. It goes as slow as AS. I don't really like Alichino, I find it empty and rather boring; but I guess that could be due to the fact that I expected it to be on the same level as Yuki's works.  

YaminoSadame

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:15 pm
YaminoSadame
alicelights
I love Kaori Yuki's work but I find that there is somthing 'dead' in Alichino. I'm not sure what it is though. The stories seemed a little less credible than Yuki-san. I don't believe what I see, whereas I do in Kaori Yuki's works. Maybe this is because Kaori Yuki deals with the emotional in a way I can connect with? In which case, it may be purely down to tase.

Shurei-san draws some nice elaborate clothes though.

My thoughts exactly. When I first saw it on Sakura-crisis I thought that it looked like it'd be similar to one of Yuki's works, but I found it greatly lacking. The art is nice, but doesn't have the same life or attention to anatomy that Yuki's does. The story is also very different from Yuki's, well I take that back, it's a bit like Angel Sanctuary in the flow of the story. It goes as slow as AS. I don't really like Alichino, I find it empty and rather boring; but I guess that could be due to the fact that I expected it to be on the same level as Yuki's works.

Weird...lots of people say they dont like Alichino's plot, like it has none or its boring or hard to follow...

Sakura Crisis only has volume 1 as far as I know.
You really need to read volume 2 and 3 to get a more filled out impression of the story.
More over, the manga is incomplete...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:35 pm
It's been awhile since I read Alichino, but I didn't dislike it. The art was very pretty and something about the story was interesting. I might be a bit biased because of the oh so pretty art, though. I'll have to make a note to myself to reread this sometime.  

Bemused Dreamer

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:05 am
Sai-kun

Weird...lots of people say they dont like Alichino's plot, like it has none or its boring or hard to follow...

You really need to read volume 2 and 3 to get a more filled out impression of the story.

They had all of the volumes that were released. I just didn't like it. :shrugs:  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:54 am
YaminoSadame
Sai-kun

Ah they finished it? Last time I was at that site was when they only had volume 1 ^_^;;

I see I see, I thought the story came together in volume 2.
::shrugs:: as I have said before, I think Alichino is more an aesthetic work than a plot-driven manga. Though I think there is a plot there, its vague and unfinished since uh...manga isnt done, but yes.
Kouyu Shurei has only done doujinshi and artwork for novels before, so this is her first foray into having her own extensive plot published...I think it isnt bad, its very unnique, and its surreal and dream-like which I think may contribute to the "huh?" factor of this manga.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:06 pm
Sai-kun
YaminoSadame
Sai-kun

Ah they finished it? Last time I was at that site was when they only had volume 1 ^_^;;

I see I see, I thought the story came together in volume 2.
::shrugs:: as I have said before, I think Alichino is more an aesthetic work than a plot-driven manga. Though I think there is a plot there, its vague and unfinished since uh...manga isnt done, but yes.
Kouyu Shurei has only done doujinshi and artwork for novels before, so this is her first foray into having her own extensive plot published...I think it isnt bad, its very unnique, and its surreal and dream-like which I think may contribute to the "huh?" factor of this manga.

I bought the first two volumes, and it isn't bad, but the story doesn't become much better in the second voulme too.
And at least here it's pretty expensive, so I haven't bought the last volume yet and can't say if all comes together in the end.
Well, I like Alichino, but that's all. It's nothing like a Kaori-Yuki-manga, where I just can't stop reading or trying to convince people reading it. (Hey, I'm prettey succesful at this... Got at least six people to reading AS!)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:43 pm
I LIKE Alichino's story! confused
Sure, it's hard to follow, and the characters may be a little too similar, but it really makes you think and try to stick with the story. If you don't pay attention for even one page, you may miss something important.
Though, I can see where it might be boring.
I really think that the story picks up at the second book. The first was very slow indeed. I almost stopped reading it until I saw the second today at SunCoast.
I suppose it's not for everybody. I do hope that it is a long series though. I like Enju. 4laugh  

Dorii

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:41 pm
Dorii
Sure, it's hard to follow, and the characters may be a little too similar, but it really makes you think and try to stick with the story. If you don't pay attention for even one page, you may miss something important.
I really think that the story picks up at the second book. The first was very slow indeed. I almost stopped reading it until I saw the second today at SunCoast.
I suppose it's not for everybody. I do hope that it is a long series though. I like Enju. 4laugh

Its 3 volumes long, unfinished, but its doubtful any more will be made.
But I agree, Enju is one of my favorite characters...I was upset because book 4 was supposed to Enju-centric...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:55 am
I like Alichino a lot, but I think I agree with Sai-kun that it's more an aesthetic manga, although that's not meant to be something negative. On the contrary I love reading a manga where every page is treated like it was the whole series. The plot is maybe a little obvious; you've seen it before. But it's not bad, and the whole idea with "alichino" is new.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:30 am
This question may have been answered previously, so please forgive me. Where can I get ahold of these volumes in english?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:57 pm
YGOPaladin
This question may have been answered previously, so please forgive me. Where can I get ahold of these volumes in english?

Tokyopop liscensed it, so anywhere you buy other volumes of manga.
I havent had a hard time spotting them whenever I went to a bookstore, pretty much every bookstore near me has 'em in their manga section.
When in doubt, Amazon or Tokyopop's own site has them for order.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

alicelights

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:18 pm
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

Tokyopop liscensed it, so anywhere you buy other volumes of manga.
I havent had a hard time spotting them whenever I went to a bookstore, pretty much every bookstore near me has 'em in their manga section.
When in doubt, Amazon or Tokyopop's own site has them for order.

yes, even my bookstore has one... and my bookstore is really slow. My bookstore still has only Gravitation 1 and GTO 5...
-----...painfull, really-  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:20 pm
Dorii

I thought even the second was slow cry  

alicelights

VampireHaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:37 pm
I love Alichino but Kaori Yuki didn't do it lol but I really love the art in it.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff