SYFFER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:33 pm
Falathrim
Nandelle
Falathrim
SYFFER
Falathrim
SYFFER
I personally find it easier and softer sounding to use the "smOg" pronounciation. I also say "SOron" instead of pronouncing it "Saouron". I think that the softer it sounds the better.

And you are a fool to do so. 3nodding
A fool I may be but a poetic fool 3nodding . The basis of poery is to harmonize every word and sentence to create the most beautiful sound possible. How you spell a word is your choice and no other's. Am I the fool or are you?

Et iz? Whow. Dat iz zo kool. Ey din't no Ey cud spel uh wud howevah Ey wunted two! Day iz liek juzt zo mazing! Ey wuz rong, Zitfer, curtinley yu r nut teh ful.

Stupid...

He's a fool for preferring to pronounce a word differently than what is technically correct? I could say something here, Fala...

taht iz sooo funie, falatrim! u realie r verrie talntd wit fangurl tawk!

Still, to a degree you can spell words as you'd like... I'm American but I almost constantly use British spelling.

I say Taniquetil correctly now. I say Maedhros and Daeron and Aerin correctly now. I personally think they sound better my way, but I'm not so stupid as to think that I can twist Tolkien's world however I please.
Ooh someone has a hidden fangilr inside of them struglling to break through wink . I can twist Tolkien's words as I please to increase the pleasure of reading them. As I always say "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. And if books give you tough to pronounce words, pronounce them any way you want then go have some lemonade"... Yes, I know, I am full of crap sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:44 am
SYFFER
Ooh someone has a hidden fangilr inside of them struglling to break through wink . I can twist Tolkien's words as I please to increase the pleasure of reading them. As I always say "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. And if books give you tough to pronounce words, pronounce them any way you want then go have some lemonade"... Yes, I know, I am full of crap sweatdrop

Hidden fangirl indeed. You don't know the half of it. xd

I was attacked for having "A Turin Turambar turun' ambartanen" as my personal message on MSN. xp  

Rhaella

Falathrim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:42 am
Nandelle
SYFFER

I was attacked for having "A Turin Turambar turun' ambartanen" as my personal message on MSN. xp

My Turin. MINE!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:39 pm
Falathrim
Nandelle
SYFFER

My Turin. MINE!

*Snatches Turin* stare  

Imyavie

Falathrim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:24 am
ARGH!

*gouges imyavie's eyes out with rusty spork*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:28 pm
Falathrim
ARGH!

*gouges imyavie's eyes out with rusty spork*

Grr...*Throws Fala robo-doggy at his face and runs off with Turin...even though she can't see anymore.*  

Imyavie

Bluering Bearer

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:17 pm
Don't complain that english don't pronounce the elven names as they should be. You've not heard french. It's horrible. When I heard how they pronounced Lothlorien in the french movie it teared my ears off !!! sweatdrop
That's scary. I can't even shox here those bd pronouciation, cause it's with sounds that don't exist in english...  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:35 am
The problem with pronouncing Smaug like the appendix on pronunciation says is that those rules are for Elvish langs and Tolkien derives the word Smaug from primitive Germanic and I have no idea how primitive Germanic is supposed to sound.  

Tirno

Bluering Bearer

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:45 am
Tirno
The problem with pronouncing Smaug like the appendix on pronunciation says is that those rules are for Elvish langs and Tolkien derives the word Smaug from primitive Germanic and I have no idea how primitive Germanic is supposed to sound.

...a bit like German...so Smawg...  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:52 am
Bluering Bearer
Tirno

Aw as in 'law'?  

Tirno

Bluering Bearer

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:55 am
Tirno
Bluering Bearer
Tirno

Aw as in 'law'?

... sweatdrop If i pronounce "law" correctly then no. It's really difficult when you are french to explain in english how to pronounce an elvish word...

Smowg is perhaps better. "ow" like in "how".  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:09 pm
Bluering Bearer
Tirno
Bluering Bearer
Tirno

Aw as in 'law'?

... sweatdrop If i pronounce "law" correctly then no. It's really difficult when you are french to explain in english how to pronounce an elvish word...

Haha, yeah, that's what I thought. English doesn't deal very well with other langs cause of its almost total lack of consistent pronunciation rules, but you seem to be doing fine anyways.  

Tirno

Bluering Bearer

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:14 pm
Tirno
Bluering Bearer
Tirno
Bluering Bearer
Tirno

Aw as in 'law'?

Haha, yeah, that's what I thought. English doesn't deal very well with other langs cause of its almost total lack of consistent pronunciation rules, but you seem to be doing fine anyways.

thanks ^^ well it's not easy to speak english correctly...I went to england once...people were laughing at us because we mispronouced some words...but strangely enough, trying to pronounce elviqh correctly helped me to pronounce english xd  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:40 pm
Yeah, Smaug is like Smowg. Which I found strange when I first read the notes on prononciation because I had been so used to saying it like Smog. Used to Smowg now, though xD  

Zurgi

Bluering Bearer

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:12 pm
Zurgi
Yeah, Smaug is like Smowg. Which I found strange when I first read the notes on prononciation because I had been so used to saying it like Smog. Used to Smowg now, though xD

well, for me and for most french, we immediatly say "smowg" because "smog" sounds strange. But as I sais, it's the only word they pronounce well XD  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff