Submit

Qi-Yue

Dapper Hunter

5,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:00 pm
Oh...mind if you introduce Blood Hound to me? Ehehe....never heard.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 pm
I read a little bit of Bloud Hound from Sakura Crisis but I didn't really get into it. Probably because the main character is a girl.  

Avogadros Number

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:47 pm
Qi-Yue
Oh...mind if you introduce Blood Hound to me? Ehehe....never heard.

::Completely off the top of her head, without having read the manga in at least a year or two::

[WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILER ALERTS]

Starts out with our intrepid, rebellious heroine named Rion who suspects something is terribly wrong with her friend who looks progressively worse each day in school and one day disappears. She takes it upon herself to do an investigation. She finds a business card on her friend and it leads her to a host club of suave, gorgeous men.

She accuses them of being vampires and of being the ones that victimized her friend. Her accusations are met blandly, at best.

In her haste, she breaks a very very expensive bottle of wine, which puts her in debt of the host club (sound like another manga we know? razz dunno if there's any corrolation between the two manga, I doubt it. Its probably only because host clubs were a very popular theme at one point) so she spends her afternoons afterschool at the club doing odd job in order to pay off her debt. She gradually befriends the hosts and is forever spatting with the host club's main draw, a red-haired mysterious figure named Suou.

Long story short, the club is invaded by local parents who insist the club is corrupting the communities morals, led by a very fishy teacher who draws Rion off one day and attacks her. It turns out this woman all along was victimizing young ladies, including Rion's friend and is only a human with a blood fetish.
Suou and co. rescue her, tightening her bonds to them.

Also a running theme is that Rion has a mysterious birthmark which convinces Suou and co. that she is the "maiden" they have long been looking for. Suou and co. are indeed vampires, Rion was right all along and Suou in particular has been looking for a woman that he considered their saving grace that died long ago (possibly at Suou's hands, if we are to take the foreshadowing at face value), and believes Rion may be her spirit reincarnated.

And so the next few chapters follows Suou, Rion and the other guys and their run ins with the occult and nasty things from Suou's past.

So far, we dont really know where the story is going as a new chapter hasn't been released in forever.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:17 pm
Does anyone know if there are any scanlations available  

LolitaxOtome

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:10 pm
LolitaxOtome
Does anyone know if there are any scanlations available

Sakura Crisis had it, wherever they are now (I think they have a new site somewhere, but I dont rememebr the url or the name, they're also on irc).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 pm
Oh, so Vampire Host is by Kaori Yuki? I saw it as a drama [somehow, they had translated it as "Vampire Gigolo." Needless to say, I had an embarrassing laughing fit right then and there] and was interested...Then again, I'm always interested by anything vampire...

Dreaming in the Theatre

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:53 pm
vindicated_angel
Oh, so Vampire Host is by Kaori Yuki? I saw it as a drama [somehow, they had translated it as "Vampire Gigolo." Needless to say, I had an embarrassing laughing fit right then and there] and was interested...Then again, I'm always interested by anything vampire...

Its based loosely on Kaori Yuki's Bloodhound series.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:32 pm
http://sakuracrisis.ukepile.com/projects/dropped/
look there  

Laurelindoren

5,900 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Market Browser 100
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff