Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Resident Isaka
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:24 am
Exodia The Forbidden One
why did they not explain all the things crucial too the resi storyline in the first cutscene?

I think they didn't do a great job with that. They should atleast explained what Leon was doing the past 6 years.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:28 pm
No, what I'm saying is, they explained about Umbrella and T-Virus and what happened in Raccoon City. But they might as well have not bothered because the storyline of RE4 is so irrelevant.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Gen_Acid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:00 pm
Canas Renvall
It's Resident Evil. Not Resident DIE b***h I GOT 18 SHOTGUNS AND 30 HANDGUNS AND 20 RPG'S. While it's fun, it's also lacking in the fact that:

- There's Ashley in it (that's a given, though :XP: )
- Some of the monsters defy nature (how in the hell does Saddler fit all that crap inside that cloak? Wouldn't he get a little bloated in there?)
- Leon can take major damage before dying, defying nature (how would you survive getting pierced in 50 different places by Iron Maiden spikes? I mean, 10 of them go right through your head to start with... And the acid spit, and getting his throat ripped at by the dog. Wouldn't he bleed out or get his face burnt off a lot sooner?)
- Upgrading weapons. For an action game, this is an amazingly fun feature. For Resident Evil... it's just a plain funsucker. Until I stop thinking it's RE. Then I like it again. :XP:

Don't get me wrong, I like RE4. It's fun, and action-packed, with tons of gunning and stuff. However, ...it's action-packed with tons of gunning and stuff. It should be "HOLY HELL, THAT SCARED ME SHITLESS!" Even still, I like it as an action game, and only as an action game. As RE, however... I just pretend that it's not called Resident Evil and that Leon and Ada have no relation to those in RE2. :XP:

Want holy hell, that scared me shitless

Play Resident evil GC remake.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:28 am
I have. And yes, RE4 did have some scary moments. Quite a few, actually. Most of them, however, were "Oh s**t outrun the boulder gonna die gonna die" scary. The one actually scary one (made me have to pee) was when the oven dude burst outta the gateway to hell, as I so colorfully call it. (I mean, it's big enough to be a door, and it's encased in fire... >_>; ) Now REmake... *shudder* That game freaks me out. It's scary as hell at some points. xd

Like the first time I saw a Crimson Head. It was pitch black in my room besides my TV at 1 AM. I killed a zombie in the hall connected to the dining room. I had no idea they would turn into those ugly beings. So like, an hour later I pass through, and see that zombie just standing there down the hall (mind you, I didn't realize the difference in growls between zombies and CHs then. xd ). I was like "I killed you already!" Then he turned to me, and I didn't see its claw in the shadow. I was about ready to start pumping it with my handgun again, but then... It charged at me. My only reaction was "What the HELL?!" And I turned and ran out into the dining room like a p***y. Then I tried going through the mansion, but I'd never burned any of the zombies I killed, and kept running past the CHs. Every single time I encountered one that night it scared me shitless. xd Needless to say, I had a hard time sleeping that night. o_o;

My point is... RE4 is mainly scary in the sense that you get that impending sense of death coming your way.. The other REs are scary in the sense that just when your nerves are starting to come back together, the scare factor completely mutilates your nerves again. Like when things jump out at you, you get an impending sense of death, a creepy as hell atmosphere, limited sight from lighting fixtures, etc. REmake alone almost made me afraid of the dark. xd So, by the looks of it... I think The other REs are 10 times scarier than RE4. o_o;  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

A5116278

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:04 am
Resident Isaka
Exodia The Forbidden One
why did they not explain all the things crucial too the resi storyline in the first cutscene?

I think they didn't do a great job with that. They should atleast explained what Leon was doing the past 6 years.

all the people i know think leon is a new resi character xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:40 am
Yeah, RE4, was a bit of an adrenalin rush. But the monsters aren't scary, the situation's aren't scary. I mean, how can you be scared of something you can't see, when you know it's around anyway. In RE4, whenever enemies are around it starts playing that music and when they all die it stops. It should be silent all the way, then you don't know whether to expect more or not.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:22 am
Yeah, and the music itself wasn't so creepy and atmospheric like some of REmake's music (Lisa's Chamber, anyone? <_< >_> ). And RE0... yeesh, that's almost scarier than REmake... o_o; But that's a story for another time. >_>; Now, if they were to make RE5 with the RE4 camera (another thing I liked about RE4), they'd better mix that with the other REs. RE4 camera angles, other REs scare factor. Wouldn't that be just awesome. xd Although the fixed camera angles are what really made RE so fun, so... Actually, I hope that they make RE5 another fixed camera angle game. Bet the Resi n00bs would be like "ZOMFGWTF". I'd be like "Like the new game? It's got fixed camera angles that the Resi n00bs wouldn't remember from the other REs because they're retarded." o_o;  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:26 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, RE4, was a bit of an adrenalin rush. But the monsters aren't scary, the situation's aren't scary. I mean, how can you be scared of something you can't see, when you know it's around anyway. In RE4, whenever enemies are around it starts playing that music and when they all die it stops. It should be silent all the way, then you don't know whether to expect more or not.

capcom put the whole 'you can't see it but you can hear it' thing with lisa. we hears her way before we saw her and that scared us. but we had time to build up to that. when i hear a regenerater i see it a second later and its all jusr one
big let down  

A5116278

Blood Countess Bathory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:15 pm
evil  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:11 am
Agree with ya their.

Only thing that did that in re4 was castle sewer bugs.  

Gen_Acid

wladimir619

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:58 am
I liked the behind the camera angle. But I do agree with the music thing. Not make it silent, but put some good scary music so everywhere you go you're saying in your head "I hope something wont pop out crying ". And I hope they put something like the mercenaries in RE5. Something I really like about RE4 was the reaction buttons in the cutscene, so you would be prepared for something at all times.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:35 pm
Another thing... They should have used the same thing they did for most of the other RE games. You're Leon. You're in the village. You're walking by a house. Suddenly, the window brakes and a Ganado lunges out at you. That'd be scary! You know, the little things you don't expect. Like, I have to admit, when a Ganado/Zealot approahces you from behind and that scream or laugh does startle every once in a while, but aside from that, it's just not scary. Not like, Horror scary. You get your adrenalin Rush when you're fighting with Death. When Salvador Screams as he revs up his chainsaw and you avoid it by an inch, that's good rush. But aside from that, it's just not scary.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Lunar Nero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:19 am
I really wish they had added an Extra Hard Mode, Pro felt like normal and normal felt like easy. Pro was more realistic IMO also in that you can only take like 3-4 hits at fully upgraded healthbar. Pro was more Resident Evil type of horror to me since there was less ammo, i felt a little strapped. I could appreciate bosses alot more that i blew past in Normal mode (like "IT" one of the most thrilling moments of the game for me, i'd run out of healing items in the cages and run out of ammo halfway through the fight so i had to run my a** off and finish it with a knife, i was like eek ).

I believe the fear in RE4 is generally underappreciated. I got the kind of psycological thrill that you would get if you were ever in a Dawn of the Dead type situation. The outnumbered creeping feeling of doom that settles in your stomach. In other RE's i got the pure adrenaline rush of survival like "OMG i'm almost out of bullets. WTF was that sound! holy shiat it jumped out at me" more of a Give you a sense of security then set mood and atmosphere, then surprise you, you defeat and repeat.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:13 pm
The best thing about RE4, is that if you got a lot of people pissing you off, you can easily pick up the shotgun and relieve much needed frustrations.  

Biohazard EXTREME

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces