Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:27 pm
girl_omnipotent
I'll tell him...but I'm making it clear that I'm doing it whether he wants me to or not.

As they say, honesty is the best policy.

Here are some good things to remember so it doesn't end up as your "break up fight" or something...

1. Remind him that it's YOUR body and you have the say in what goes into it or onto it.
2. Tell him you love him. He needs to know this even if you know he knows it. It's nice to hear, so say it.
3. If he hates it, tell him that you want to get it and maybe you two can compromise in a spot to put it where he won't HAVE to see it every second of the day?
4. If that doesn't work, tell him to try and be more open minded. If he loves you for YOU then it shouldn't matter what you look like on the outside.

Hope that helps. ^^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:38 pm
MiLK`

2. Tell him you love him. He needs to know this even if you know he knows it. It's nice to hear, so say it.

That's the problem...I lost faith in love a LONG time ago. He says he loves me, but I find it very hard to believe. I'm jsut not a trusting person, I've never had any reason or even much opportunity to trust others. I do care about him a great deal, and I tell him that very often...I just don't know about love. The whole idea of love just seems so far-fetched to me. For one, its such a hackeneyed term. People say it about everything. I'm sorry, but if someone really does love me, I want to be loved more than a slice of pizza. Dont get me wrong, pizza is good, but GAH!...i'm rambling...I'll shutup.

I just dont think anyone could really love me as much as he says he does.  

girl_omnipotent

Chojin9999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:34 am
I was just looking at pics on BME. I'm not real familiar with scarring, but is it common to cauterize the designs you want? Because that seems to be the majority of the pics on the site.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:37 pm
Chojin9999
I was just looking at pics on BME. I'm not real familiar with scarring, but is it common to cauterize the designs you want? Because that seems to be the majority of the pics on the site.

You can, and it helps the scar stand out more, but you dont have to if you dont want to. I plan on doing it though.  

girl_omnipotent

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:49 pm
girl_omnipotent
MiLK`

That's the problem...I lost faith in love a LONG time ago. He says he loves me, but I find it very hard to believe. I'm jsut not a trusting person, I've never had any reason or even much opportunity to trust others. I do care about him a great deal, and I tell him that very often...I just don't know about love. The whole idea of love just seems so far-fetched to me. For one, its such a hackeneyed term. People say it about everything. I'm sorry, but if someone really does love me, I want to be loved more than a slice of pizza. Dont get me wrong, pizza is good, but GAH!...i'm rambling...I'll shutup.

I feel the same way often with my boyfriend. But the times we've spent together, and the endless times he'd had to go through my bitching and complaining is enough for me to KNOW he loves me.
If someone can put up with me for over a year and not try to shoot me, then that's love right there. Haha.

I'd really like to stay on topic. BUT TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL.
Use my other tips I gave you. If he DOES love you, he'll respect your decision.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:56 pm
MiLK`

I feel the same way often with my boyfriend. But the times we've spent together, and the endless times he'd had to go through my bitching and complaining is enough for me to KNOW he loves me.
If someone can put up with me for over a year and not try to shoot me, then that's love right there. Haha.

I'd really like to stay on topic. BUT TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL.
Use my other tips I gave you. If he DOES love you, he'll respect your decision.

I've only been with him for five months though...granted, its the longest relationship I've ever had.

*sigh*

I'm now stuck between two designs...I'll scan them into my comp tomorrow and post them....you guys can help me decide.  

girl_omnipotent

Kai Darkwing

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:10 am
off the current topic of relationships, i would strongly advise you to get it done by a professional, out of nearly all body modifications scarification is most likely to get infected and if if does and its a large open wound it will spread fast, even if it costs a ton get it done by someone trained.

(also you can blame someone else if they screw it up xd )

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:15 pm
Kai Darkwing
off the current topic of relationships, i would strongly advise you to get it done by a professional, out of nearly all body modifications scarification is most likely to get infected and if if does and its a large open wound it will spread fast, even if it costs a ton get it done by someone trained.

(also you can blame someone else if they screw it up xd )

As I specified in the first post- I cut anyways...I could just as easily get an infection from the cuts on my arms. And its a bit late for that warning, seeing as I've already done it. And don't go preaching the risks on me, I know them all already.

I do not need to pay someone to do somethign to me that I do to myself anyways. It makes no sense. The risks are the same with scarification as those of cutting.  

girl_omnipotent

Kai Darkwing

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:04 pm
i'm not "preaching" anything, and can you let me know if there's a place that professionally cuts you?  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:50 pm
girl_omnipotent
MiLK`

Maybe I am old fashioned and naive, but um, what's the point of a relationship at all if you don't really believe in love? sweatdrop I understand what you're saying, and cerainly there are a lot of people that feel the same as far as trust is concerned, but without it there is no real relationship. Ever. I dunno, maybe I'm just confused on that one. I'll keep my mouth shut... sweatdrop

Anyway, as for the bod mod, I'd have to agree with milk in her advice. Just be open with him. There isn't much more that I can say than that that hasn't already been said. 3nodding

Lividacious

Sparkly Genius

Sesqupidalopobia

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:55 pm
Now, agreeing with everything that oni pretty much said, I do have to say. Try and comp. it out. Get it a place that he may not notice it same with others, get it small, or even smaller. lol. You can't always be so selfish even if it is your body. He may be the one touching and looking at you for the rest of you life. Though I say go for it girl, you may want to be calm and talking it down together. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:26 pm
Kai Darkwing
i'm not "preaching" anything, and can you let me know if there's a place that professionally cuts you?

I know that there are a couple here in Chicago...elsewhere? I'm not so sure.

you'd have to look around in your area to find one...  

girl_omnipotent

falllenshadows

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:30 pm
Self scarification is sorta along hte lines of self injury, a topic which I unfortionatly know way too much about. I would strongly advise you to get it done by a professional. they will do it right and not chicken out halfway though. Chances are youd be in the middle of it and stop, Ive talked with a few who did this. then they are left with a half way design.
A professional will do it with clean sterile blades and do it well. they are paid to do this kind of thing. Also from personal experience you may want to be up front with your tattoo artist that you SI as they may not do scarification if you SI. They would sort of consider it self injury adn would be worried about infection. I have been told this flat out by a artist. Wait untill everything SI wise is gone or gone to scars then go in.

Then again if Im totally off topic I appologize  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:42 pm
I've already done it...I actually had no problem getting all the way through it...  

girl_omnipotent

Black Carpathia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:47 am
girl_omnipotent
I've already done it...I actually had no problem getting all the way through it...

the problem with scarification is its hard to do it well. you have to have a good feel for the deepness of the skin just like in tattoing. if you cut to shallow the scar wont be as noticeable, if you cut to deep it will bleed a lot and could cause severe damage.  
Extreme & Ritual Modification

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff