Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
spontanious human combustion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love.Your.Hate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:40 pm
i know this may sound rather crazy, but it may be the methane in our body igniting from the heat in our bodies. question  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:07 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
i know this may sound rather crazy, but it may be the methane in our body igniting from the heat in our bodies. question

Our internal body temperature isn't high enough for that to happen. Even if it did somehow, people wouldn't burn, they'd explode.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Love.Your.Hate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:10 pm
like i said,

Quote:
i know this may sound rather crazy,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:30 am
science fact : we have enough phosphourous in us to make 1,200 match stick tips on avg....  

QUE_SAGE

Eric Wolfborn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:46 am
QUE_SAGE
science fact : we have enough phosphourous in us to make 1,200 match stick tips on avg....

Even if all that phosphorus condensed in one location, muscle tissue, and more importantly, fat tissue, doesn't burn at a high enough temperature to break down bone, and it would take place over a long period of time, igniting things around it...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:42 pm
the human body is also about 70% water.  

UraniumMonk

QUE_SAGE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:55 am
Eric Wolfborn
QUE_SAGE

Even if all that phosphorus condensed in one location, muscle tissue, and more importantly, fat tissue, doesn't burn at a high enough temperature to break down bone, and it would take place over a long period of time, igniting things around it..
just stating fact  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:06 pm
QUE_SAGE
Eric Wolfborn
QUE_SAGE

Even if all that phosphorus condensed in one location, muscle tissue, and more importantly, fat tissue, doesn't burn at a high enough temperature to break down bone, and it would take place over a long period of time, igniting things around it..
just stating fact

Likewise.  

Eric Wolfborn

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:15 pm
it.does.not.exsist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:52 pm
Gretchen Grumblefrob
Lord Jagged
Now, so far, there has been no absolute scientific way of explaining this, but there are many beliefs that it could be caused by teh devil or numerous other things.
What's your opinion?

I'm pretty sure there is a scientific way of explaining it.
Too keep it short, it's called the "wick effect". Think of an inside out candle, with cloth on the outside, and wax on the onside. The cloth burns slowly because it has to also burn and melt down the wax. If you let it keep burning. there will be very little left. When you look at victims of "SHC" you see that there is almost nothing left except maybe their arms or legs... basicly, parts that have very little body fat to be burned are left with the ashes.

So, what people think is "SHC" is really just a fat ******** letting a ciggerette fall onto ther robes or something, then they are unable to put the fire out on their own, so they burn.

I heard of tha theory. I once saw this documentary on this subject and the scientist try wrapping a dead pig in cloth and burn....

but fail to created the SHC effect....  

mikiseiya

neighley haynes

3,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:10 am
Lord Jagged
A.Laran
I know sometimes people might have something with sodium on their person and they get wet, so the sodium ignites. burning_eyes

Woah...
What would they be carrying that's made of sodium?

maybe they ate some? ninja  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:50 am
the lolinator
Lord Jagged
A.Laran
I know sometimes people might have something with sodium on their person and they get wet, so the sodium ignites. burning_eyes

Woah...

If someone eats sodium and then starts burning, I'm not sure if that's quite spontanious blaugh  

Lord Jagged
Captain

deadtothecold
Crew
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Lord Jagged
the lolinator
Lord Jagged
A.Laran

Woah...

If someone eats sodium and then starts burning, I'm not sure if that's quite spontanious blaugh
>.> and doesnt pure sodium kill somone almost immidalty through poisoning  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:02 am
deadtothecold
Lord Jagged
the lolinator
Lord Jagged
A.Laran

Woah...

>.> and doesnt pure sodium kill somone almost immidalty through poisoning

If someone ate a lump of sodium, I think poisoning would be the last thing on their mind. They'd be more fussed about the lump of metal in their mouth that had just burst into flame and was burning away their bottom jaw, and hoping that none reached their throat, or they're screwed...

Poisoning may come as an after thought for if they survived ^_^  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Mysterious Green Rabbit

Dapper Genius

4,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:35 pm
A bloke drinks so much alcohol, he gets too near a naked flame, or he smokes...POP!
That's what happened in Bleak House anyway. >.>  
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces