Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
When the Church goes too far Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:14 pm
Seabhac
It doesn't seem to me that there is any real connection between the deaths of soldiers and the tolerance of homosexuality in the United States. Drawing a parallel between these two things where no parallel exists does not help the church's credibility. neutral

Not only that, but how can you expect people to respect an establishement that is supposed to help promote tolerance amongst people, when that establishment at the same time supports a form of intolerance?

If there is something a majority of people do not like, it is hippocrites.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:51 pm
If they're saying that that love IEDs, then they should have one go off in their "house of love". Honestly, if you're going to sell your soul to a man who believes that he and Jesus are the only two going to heaven, then that has to be one of the biggest occults in American history, oops- better not say that, they don't like occults. rolleyes  

Zwiebelsaft!

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:21 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337
If they're saying that that love IEDs, then they should have one go off in their "house of love". Honestly, if you're going to sell your soul to a man who believes that he and Jesus are the only two going to heaven, then that has to be one of the biggest occults in American history, oops- better not say that, they don't like occults. rolleyes

I wonder how they would justify it if their church got attacked? :0

It could be Satan trying to test them I guess and stop them from doing God's work. Or God could be testing them. (I always found the idea of God needing to test followers a bit odd.) Or maybe just another bad side effect of how wrong America is and how everyone else is straying from their particular spin on the truth.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:38 am
c a u s t i c
Evil_Twin_V1.337

It could be Satan trying to test them I guess and stop them from doing God's work. Or God could be testing them. (I always found the idea of God needing to test followers a bit odd.) Or maybe just another bad side effect of how wrong America is and how everyone else is straying from their particular spin on the truth.
It would be satan since it's their church. I also find it kinda stupid how this all started when 1-5 teens caused $1,800 worth of damage to one of the Phelps daughters house. One more thing- I propose that we protest at their funerals just to settle the score. Let's give them a taste of their own redundant and annoying medicine and protest at their funerals- having signs that say 'Thank the non exhisting god for dead church officials' or 'Homophobes=pests=Lizard scum'. Also we have to blair 'Cake and Sodomy' by Marilyn Manson on a boombox. That would be fun. twisted  

Zwiebelsaft!

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:54 am
c a u s t i c
Evil_Twin_V1.337

Why is it with most thiests...that everything that happens either has something to do with the dark side(The devil), or the light side (God)?

I mean....what I can't stand is how people will do so much hard work to accomplish something, and than "Thank God" for thier accomplishment. I mean, they literally attribute thier accomplishment to some invisible diety, instead of thier hard work...how can a person do that? That isn't sane.

If a church got attacked they would probably not attribute it to the devil in this day and age. They could say that god was testing them, or in fact take pity on the attackers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:01 pm
this is just me, but I think churches go to far by their very existance in this age logic and science.
For their own sake though, I think churches are brilliant with the way they are able to control people. Its genius really  

xorflex

Halloweenxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:33 pm
The Priest of the Westboro church also gave a sermon one week after September the Eleventh saying all those killed in the Pentagon were 'faggots and dykes' and it was Gods way of purging America of them. The same church and priest also hate Sweden and after the Asian Tsunami declared 'Thank God for the Tsunami and 2000 dead Swedes'.

They say God's killing American people for their tolerance of homosexuality and that they hate America and Americans. If they hate America so much, then why the hell are they based and living in America?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:30 pm
That's just... horrible. They're awful.
I wish that all of the usual theists living around us in society would know what trash they're associating themselves with.

Death is just... NOBODY, EVER, should mock life like them. That just hurts. I can't tolerate those who mock life. Including the suicidal. mad

AND I LOVE SWEDEN AND THE SWEDISH. It's unthinkable that people can be brainwashed by their religion to such a point that they cease to have any sense of morals or respect for others. ;_;  

Mythee

Festive Explorer

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Mythee
That's just... horrible. They're awful.
I wish that all of the usual theists living around us in society would know what trash they're associating themselves with.

Death is just... NOBODY, EVER, should mock life like them. That just hurts. I can't tolerate those who mock life. Including the suicidal. mad

AND I LOVE SWEDEN AND THE SWEDISH. It's unthinkable that people can be brainwashed by their religion to such a point that they cease to have any sense of morals or respect for others. ;_;
I'm already planning my revenge on them by gathering a group of people and protesting Fred Phelps' funeral. I know it's wrong, but sometimes revenge is the only way you get to somebody. Also, I have a bit of a right since somewhere in my mutt blood, I'm part Sweedish.

Evil_twin_v1.337
Let's give them a taste of their own redundant and annoying medicine and protest at their funerals- having signs that say 'Thank the non exhisting god for dead church officials' or 'Homophobes=pests=Lizard scum'. Also we have to blair 'Cake and Sodomy' by Marilyn Manson on a boombox. That would be fun. twisted

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:41 pm
Oh oh oh, is this about Westboro baptist church and their crazy god hate' s fags thing?

here is a video where they get completley pwned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBrKmoIhFLQ

and here it is in MP4

http://beohm.com/chaser/westbro.mp4

It is sooo funny how they react to him, and I find it funny how the guy hide' s behind the women XD  

Kiron

Muaethia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:28 am
Kiron
Oh oh oh, is this about Westboro baptist church and their crazy god hate' s fags thing?

and here it is in MP4

It is sooo funny how they react to him, and I find it funny how the guy hide' s behind the women XD

Bloody hell.

Some people need to get out there and find out what they're missing xd

That was hilarious! It would have been funnier still if he had grabbed thhe arse and refused to let go... lol mrgreen

Meh, crappy baptists. The bible says God loves everyone. The bible is a load of s**t, but it's what the morals in society are based upon, right?

They actually look proper scared of the reporter rofl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:35 am
Honestly, those people need to be shot. If they ever came to a funeral I was at, I would start flipping out. So would the rest of my family.

Kiron

and here it is in MP4

Ah, my argument was in there! "If America is doomed why don't you just get out?!" Too many people wait around the problem area looking for fights.

I liked the part where the reporter got gay. It would've been funny if that guy also grabbed the woman ^_^  

Minozake

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:02 am
It is really sad that people of such idiocy, and ignorance, and intolerance can actually gain a following.

It shows you...you dangerous religious really is.

I can't resist saying this, but that lady who is was going off on the fox lady, she looked mess up in appearance. I feel sorry for her actually.

Many people who think like that as adults, were brainwashed into thinking that way since children. So...you could say it isn't her fault for being a touch crazy in the head.

Damn the Chain Phenomena...damn the Chain.

Is she the daughter of the preacher? I didn't get that part.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:37 pm
Kiron

and here it is in MP4

The reporter make them look like a laughing stock and all of the women protesters were being bitches, but the guy- he was actually polite. That was a big shock to me, but it also makes me question if he's just doing this out of guilt or if he actually means that because if I was in his shoes- I would either cuss the guy out. Bottom line: yep, they are white trash. *w00t- cake and sodomy! mrgreen *  

Zwiebelsaft!

Razornova

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:26 am
Kiron

and here it is in MP4

That is HILARIOUS. XDDD

Was I mistaken, or did one of those women use the term "a**" somewhere in there, out of context for being a donkey? Aren't they supposed to refrain from swear words?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff