OMFG you must see this!!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryuto Asamiya
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:16 pm
First of all, this is a preview of the game in JAP so it is "RockMan".  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:27 am
Toxmithy
his name is not rockman. it is megaman!!

His name in Japan is "Rock Man", the original name(which the creator prefers, since he doesn't like his creation being called "Mega Man".)

"Mega Man" is the translated name for the americans(and europeans since they must have the same version), just like "Bass"(Forte), "Proto Man"(Blues), "Torch Man" crying (Fire Man), "Spout Man"(Aqua Man), Erase Man (DeleteMan) and a couple more I don't remember.  

Fiyun

Ryuto Asamiya
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:04 am
EraseMan isn't DeleteMan..It's KillerMan...

You know what I don't get they changed Rock to Mega (Rock and Roll) and Blues to Proto (Blues as in music) so they changed their names that were named after music to something else, but they changed Forte which isn't musical, to Bass..which is.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:38 pm
actually forte and bass mean the same. One is japanese, the other is english. And i have the answer that capcom gave to the rock thing. The game came out in the late 80's 1987. Capcom of america had this weird idea that rock would eventually die, therefore, rockman would be not cool. They then imagined that megaman sounded more like a hero. So they decided to rename our beloved rockman to megaman. Nevertheless, when megaman was a household robot, his name was rock, in both american and japenese versions. This is a mistake done almost 20 years ago, and we will just have to learn to live with it. And yeah, Rockman ROCKS! Megaman too, only not as much.  

E-lee-za

Concerto

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:05 pm
Sorry! This'll be long, but it's chock full of info! redface

@E-lee-za & NWA:: I don't know if they thought rock would die; I think they just believed the North American audience wouldn't appreciate the musical references. sad Which is a pity, since Blues > ProtoMan. xp

"Forte" is a musical term. xp In music, "forte" means "loud." It's used to indicate the musician must play with a bit more oomph. biggrin It's the opposite of "piano," which means (duh) "softly." They stretch out in either direction, too; "mezzo forte" is literally "medium loud," "mezzo piano" is "medium soft." "Fortissimo" is "very loud" and "pianissimo" is "very softly." There's more, but I'll leave it at that for now. smile

"Bass" is the lower clef, or the "F" clef (since it circles the F line), or the bottom half of the Grand Staff, and also is used to describe any sound from that register. So, low notes. smile "Bass" singers sing way down low. The upper clef (or the "G" clef) is called the "treble" clef, and again, "treble" is used to describe sound in that register. (Typically, songs for choirs are written for bass, tenor, alto, and soprano voices; lowest to highest. Bass and tenor are in the bass, alto and soprano are in the treble.)

In Rockman/Mega Man (whatever you wanna call it, they're both right) Forte and Bass are the same character; our beloved purple-streaked fin-headed foul-tempered Rock-hater. =D He's called Forte in Japanese, Bass in English.

But the awesomeness that is the name "Forte" was changed to "Bass" , largely because Forte's dog is named "Gospel" in Japan, and Gospel happens to have religious connotations. Can't have that, now can we? xp Hence, "Forte" became "Bass" and, to match, "Gospel" became "Treble". The names "Bass and Treble" fit with each other better than "Forte and Gospel," for a refreshing change. mad d

I would also like to add, for future reference::

Bass, the character, IS NOT PRONOUNCED "BASS," LIKE THE FISH, IT'S PRONOUNCED "BASE," LIKE THE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT!! The musical term HE IS NAMED FOR is pronounced "BASE." If you call him "BASS," you're calling him a fscking FISH. Despite the fins, BASS IS NOT A FISH! mad DO NOT TAKE THE VOICE ACTING IN MM8 SERIOUSLY! I mean, c'mon; Dr. Light had an Elmer Fudd accent. xP If you insist on calling poor Bass a fish, I will hunt you down and beat you with a tuna. evil

@Athal:: Name changes are more noticable and FAR more abundant in the anime. The classic series actually had very few, though they were all main characters. gonk

I think nearly all the human characters in EXE got name changes (or names removed, like Haruka and Yuuichiro), but I don't know them all, despite specializing in the EXE series. sad You already named quite a few, but here's some more that I can think of (Japanese/English)::

• Rockman / Mega Man - (all versions)
  • Rightott / Auto
  • Forte / Bass
  • Blues / Proto Man - (both classic and BN)
  • Proto / Alpha - (MMBN3. Changed 'cause of ProtoMan. WAY TO THINK THINGS THRU, GUYS!! xp )
  • Hikari Netto / Lan Hikari - (keep in mind, in Japanese, the last name goes first smile )
  • Hikari Saito / Hub Hikari
  • Hikari Raito / Patch Hikari (Patch is such a kyoot name! <3)
  • Ijuuin Enzan / Eugene Chaud (or Chaud Blaze) - (This one's interesting. "Eugene" came from "Ijuuin." Isn't that cute, they tried to make it match. xp "Chaud" means "hot," which fits since the kanji for his Japanese name means something along the lines of "fire mountain." "Chaud Blaze" came from the anime. Apparently, the fact that his name is "Eugene" was forgotten the moment he said it, since no one uses it; even in the first BN game, Lan calls him "Chaud" all the way through. xp )
  • Eguchi Meijin / Mr. Famous - (Meijin-san heart )
  • Sakurai Meiru / Mayl - (or "Maylu")
  • Ayanokoji Yaito / Yai Ayano-Koji - (I could be wrong about the spelling of her last name/names)
  • Ooyama Dekao / Dex
  • Mariko-sensei / Ms. Mari
  • Higure Yamitarou / Mr. Higsby
  • Bomberman.exe / Bombman.exe
  • Coloredman.exe / Colorman.exe - (has unfortunate connotations in English sad )
  • Fireman.exe / Torchman.exe - (anime stare )
  • Aquaman.exe / Spoutman.exe - (anime first, then the games adopted it. STUPID DC COMICS WITH YOUR STUPID HAVING AQUAMAN FIRST!! mad )
  • Killerman.exe / Eraseman.exe - (Can't have killing! Killing bad! xp )
  • Yamatoman.exe / Japanman.exe - (ouch, ouch, OUCH! gonk )
  • Gospel (BN version) / Grave - (anime again stare )
  • Metalman.exe / Heavymetalman.exe - (fscking OUCH!! xp )
  • Napalmman.exe / Moltanicman.exe - ("Napalm" may have offended war vets... sad )

That's just the tip of the iceberg, though. Like I said, almost all the human characters suffered name changes. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:05 pm
There's the Killer Eye as a virus. o_o  

Ryuto Asamiya
Captain

DrakeXenoblade

Skilled Hunter

5,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:19 am
Toxmithy
his name is not rockman. it is megaman!!

not ture. his ture name is rockman. the americans call him megaman but i call him by his ture name. rockman  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:24 am
Concerto
Sorry! This'll be long, but it's chock full of info! redface

@E-lee-za & NWA:: I don't know if they thought rock would die; I think they just believed the North American audience wouldn't appreciate the musical references. sad Which is a pity, since Blues > ProtoMan. xp

"Forte" is a musical term. xp In music, "forte" means "loud." It's used to indicate the musician must play with a bit more oomph. biggrin It's the opposite of "piano," which means (duh) "softly." They stretch out in either direction, too; "mezzo forte" is literally "medium loud," "mezzo piano" is "medium soft." "Fortissimo" is "very loud" and "pianissimo" is "very softly." There's more, but I'll leave it at that for now. smile

"Bass" is the lower clef, or the "F" clef (since it circles the F line), or the bottom half of the Grand Staff, and also is used to describe any sound from that register. So, low notes. smile "Bass" singers sing way down low. The upper clef (or the "G" clef) is called the "treble" clef, and again, "treble" is used to describe sound in that register. (Typically, songs for choirs are written for bass, tenor, alto, and soprano voices; lowest to highest. Bass and tenor are in the bass, alto and soprano are in the treble.)

In Rockman/Mega Man (whatever you wanna call it, they're both right) Forte and Bass are the same character; our beloved purple-streaked fin-headed foul-tempered Rock-hater. =D He's called Forte in Japanese, Bass in English.

But the awesomeness that is the name "Forte" was changed to "Bass" , largely because Forte's dog is named "Gospel" in Japan, and Gospel happens to have religious connotations. Can't have that, now can we? xp Hence, "Forte" became "Bass" and, to match, "Gospel" became "Treble". The names "Bass and Treble" fit with each other better than "Forte and Gospel," for a refreshing change. mad d

I would also like to add, for future reference::

Bass, the character, IS NOT PRONOUNCED "BASS," LIKE THE FISH, IT'S PRONOUNCED "BASE," LIKE THE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT!! The musical term HE IS NAMED FOR is pronounced "BASE." If you call him "BASS," you're calling him a fscking FISH. Despite the fins, BASS IS NOT A FISH! mad DO NOT TAKE THE VOICE ACTING IN MM8 SERIOUSLY! I mean, c'mon; Dr. Light had an Elmer Fudd accent. xP If you insist on calling poor Bass a fish, I will hunt you down and beat you with a tuna. evil

@Athal:: Name changes are more noticable and FAR more abundant in the anime. The classic series actually had very few, though they were all main characters. gonk

I think nearly all the human characters in EXE got name changes (or names removed, like Haruka and Yuuichiro), but I don't know them all, despite specializing in the EXE series. sad You already named quite a few, but here's some more that I can think of (Japanese/English)::

• Rockman / Mega Man - (all versions)
  • Rightott / Auto
  • Forte / Bass
  • Blues / Proto Man - (both classic and BN)
  • Proto / Alpha - (MMBN3. Changed 'cause of ProtoMan. WAY TO THINK THINGS THRU, GUYS!! xp )
  • Hikari Netto / Lan Hikari - (keep in mind, in Japanese, the last name goes first smile )
  • Hikari Saito / Hub Hikari
  • Hikari Raito / Patch Hikari (Patch is such a kyoot name! <3)
  • Ijuuin Enzan / Eugene Chaud (or Chaud Blaze) - (This one's interesting. "Eugene" came from "Ijuuin." Isn't that cute, they tried to make it match. xp "Chaud" means "hot," which fits since the kanji for his Japanese name means something along the lines of "fire mountain." "Chaud Blaze" came from the anime. Apparently, the fact that his name is "Eugene" was forgotten the moment he said it, since no one uses it; even in the first BN game, Lan calls him "Chaud" all the way through. xp )
  • Eguchi Meijin / Mr. Famous - (Meijin-san heart )
  • Sakurai Meiru / Mayl - (or "Maylu")
  • Ayanokoji Yaito / Yai Ayano-Koji - (I could be wrong about the spelling of her last name/names)
  • Ooyama Dekao / Dex
  • Mariko-sensei / Ms. Mari
  • Higure Yamitarou / Mr. Higsby
  • Coloredman.exe / Colorman.exe - (has unfortunate connotations in English sad )
  • Fireman.exe / Torchman.exe - (anime stare )
  • Aquaman.exe / Spoutman.exe - (anime first, then the games adopted it. STUPID DC COMICS WITH YOUR STUPID HAVING AQUAMAN FIRST!! mad )
  • Killerman.exe / Eraseman.exe - (Can't have killing! Killing bad! xp )
  • Yamatoman.exe / Japanman.exe - (ouch, ouch, OUCH! gonk )
  • Gospel (BN version) / Grave - (anime again stare )
  • Metalman.exe / Heavymetalman.exe - (fscking OUCH!! xp )
  • Napalmman.exe / Moltanicman.exe - ("Napalm" may have offended war vets... sad )

That's just the tip of the iceberg, though. Like I said, almost all the human characters suffered name changes. sad

all i have to say about that is that i use all of there ordinals names. the ones the japanese gave them. and moltanicman is the gayest name i have ever hear and also. while im on the subject. CAPCOM STOLE MY FRIENDS NAVI'S NAME!!! my friend had a navi called novaman and capcom decieded to change starman to novaman. hehehe my friend was so pissed he wanted to kill them and he still does.  

DrakeXenoblade

Skilled Hunter

5,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

chaossearch-ANBU soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:28 am
Tiayoh
Chaud58
so they're makin a new megaman starring Lan and Mayl's son
Actually it isn't! sweatdrop Its because this takes place 100 years in the future!

it might be a decendant of lan and mayl!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:39 am
Tiayoh
Chaud58
so they're makin a new megaman starring Lan and Mayl's son
Actually it isn't! sweatdrop Its because this takes place 100 years in the future!

actually its 200 years in the future.  

DragonDFang

Fiyun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:59 pm
Nova Wave Assassin
EraseMan isn't DeleteMan..It's KillerMan...

You know what I don't get they changed Rock to Mega (Rock and Roll) and Blues to Proto (Blues as in music) so they changed their names that were named after music to something else, but they changed Forte which isn't musical, to Bass..which is.

Sorry, DeleteMan was my answer to the silly "Let's turn KillerMan, an assassin, into EraseMan who we associate with school".

Actually, "Forte" is an musical term...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forte_(dynamic)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:42 pm
You know, for those of you who would like a story based on EXE, you might or might not have heard about MMBN 7, a fan made game that is slated to be released next year some time in the second quarter. It follows the adventures of Patch Hikari, along with his father's famous Navi, MegaMan. It looks really interesting. There introducing something called the "A.R.M.O.R. System", which combines the best of the Navi Customizer, Soul Unison, and the Cross System. There's also talk going around that there will be tournaments in which the prize ia a rare, one-of-a-kind BattleChip. It is a PC game and will, of course, be played mainly online, though I don't know whether or not an Internet connection will be required. (I seriously doubt it.)  

Silenfoot

AkatsukiZero

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:23 am
I think it's pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:58 pm
Wow, I REALLY can't believe that nobody caught this stuff...

Concerto

• Why would it be BomberMan.EXE? The Classic series character was Bomb Man. They'd have no reason to call him that.

Concerto

• Uh... The game has nothing to do with DC Comics. First off, DC Comics sued over Aqua Man being in Rock Man 8, the classic series game. However, they LOST that case, and Capcom was able to keep the character's name the same. When EXE4 came around, they used AquaMan.EXE, based off of the Rock Man 8 character, and kept the original name for the NA version. DC Comics did not sue over this, though, most likely because they knew that the character in the game was based on the Classic Series character, and that they'd lost the last time they tried to sue over that. However, when it came time for the anime to be brought over to NA, the company, for whatever reason, decided to go with SpoutMan instead of AquaMan. Hypothetically, it was to avoid a lawsuit they most likely would have won, since it was based on the game character.

When it came time to bring EXE6 over, CoA decided to go with SpoutMan instead of AquaMan, not because of a lawsuit ((they most likely wouldn't have been sued, since they weren't sued over EXE4, and they probably wouldn't have won)), but because they wanted to make it match the anime; to try to boost sales to people who watch the anime, but are new to the game series. Thus, the game was made more kid-friendly. That's the only explanation for KillerMan's name being changed, too. They were trying to make it more kid-friendly.

Or we could just go with my theory that Capcom of America hates all of their customers, hence explaining the really bad job they did translating the series, specifically EXE4-6.

=Lindan Pearl=
    while im on the subject. CAPCOM STOLE MY FRIENDS NAVI'S NAME!!! my friend had a navi called novaman and capcom decieded to change starman to novaman. hehehe my friend was so pissed he wanted to kill them and he still does.
    Capcom had nothing to do with that. Neither did Capcom of America. That was only the act of the people who did the NA version of the anime. If you look at the NA version of RockMan.EXE Transmission, StarMan.EXE is still StarMan.EXE.  

tratetrsareaet

BoPatch-sama

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:20 am
    Perverted Gumball
    I call the Navi Gayman...Ehhh I it looks well.....retro.
    He is not a navi also they have the show dubbed on Youtube  
    Megaman Battle Network GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces