Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Im sorry, but grrr to the dubbed version!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Japanese or English!!!
  Japanese, duh!!!
  English!!
View Results

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:07 pm
And yet, if it wern't for the dub, most of us North American fans would never have seen Sailormoon. Especially the ones who have no access to the subbed.

You know, everyone cracks down so hard on DiC's dub and CWi's dub but just remember, it could have been MUCH worse. And let's not forget North America has a different set of censorship regulations than Japan.

Oh yeah, and everyone, let's forget that when it was brought over here in the early 90s it was targeted at younger children? Of course violence is going to be censored and cut out. The translation was made more American so the viewers could relate to it.

I agree that as far as an anime dub goes, it wasn't the best but considering the time it was dubbed and the target audience it was dubbed for, changes are to be expected.

And rest assured, if it were possible to re-dub it now, companies would do a better job being more accurate to the original. Of course, that's just wishful thinking since Toei won't give the rights out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
And yet, if it wern't for the dub, most of us North American fans would never have seen Sailormoon. Especially the ones who have no access to the subbed.

You know, everyone cracks down so hard on DiC's dub and CWi's dub but just remember, it could have been MUCH worse. And let's not forget North America has a different set of censorship regulations than Japan.

Oh yeah, and everyone, let's forget that when it was brought over here in the early 90s it was targeted at younger children? Of course violence is going to be censored and cut out. The translation was made more American so the viewers could relate to it.

I agree that as far as an anime dub goes, it wasn't the best but considering the time it was dubbed and the target audience it was dubbed for, changes are to be expected.

And rest assured, if it were possible to re-dub it now, companies would do a better job being more accurate to the original. Of course, that's just wishful thinking since Toei won't give the rights out.

Oh I know, I thank them for at least Dubbing it however terrible it is. But no wonder Toei won't sell us the rights again, their like "You aren't going to mess this s**t up again!!" and the rest is history... a dark sad history where Serena sounds like a man... "OooOOOooh DaRien!"
Like Heavenly_Frozen wrote somewhere, I'm embarrassed to watch the Dub in front of other people too, I'm all like "Don't Judge Me!"

User_8572

Majoanma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:10 pm
is da dubbed version where their voices are all high pitched?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:37 pm
Quote:

I was lucky,I got introduced with the subs but I wasn't able to watch them at some point and I had to watch it on TV in America and I was very angry with 'scouts' 'Sereena' 'Negaverse'(how far up there asses did they have to go to get that)and they also had 'Negaforse' and they would get those mixed up. I don't like my freinds sister,she left me without subs and made me watch dubs.I am still angry at the dubs I always will be. 'Venus Crystal Power' in S that also is stupid.I accualy watched the entire orriginal,R,and S and SuperS seasons when the first season was aired on TV and the middle.I must point out that I was near the targeted age for Sailor Moon in the US  

Ophie In Water

Heavenly_Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:53 pm
Sahara An
I can't stand the dubbed version of it. It's just so horrible. Stupid "translations," painful voice acting, leaving out episodes and stuff like that, and let's not mention turning Haruka and Michiru into "cousins." I only like the Japanese version.

Exactly, i mean cousins!!!??How crappy is that? It's obvious they have a more affectionate relationship not a family one...they just cant handle anything slightly lesbian....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:57 pm
Yayamaya
Quote:

I was lucky,I got introduced with the subs but I wasn't able to watch them at some point and I had to watch it on TV in America and I was very angry with 'scouts' 'Sereena' 'Negaverse'(how far up there asses did they have to go to get that)and they also had 'Negaforse' and they would get those mixed up. I don't like my freinds sister,she left me without subs and made me watch dubs.I am still angry at the dubs I always will be. 'Venus Crystal Power' in S that also is stupid.I accualy watched the entire orriginal,R,and S and SuperS seasons when the first season was aired on TV and the middle.I must point out that I was near the targeted age for Sailor Moon in the US

I think there should be a law where translations of an anime/cartoon/movie should be translated exactly how it is in the original, (or as close as possible owing to translation issues..)
If they're going to edit/leave out violence/give them awful voices etc, they should just leave it alone and let it stay the amazing way it is in its original glory...  

Heavenly_Frozen

User_8572

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:44 am
Heavenly_Frozen
Yayamaya
Quote:

I think there should be a law where translations of an anime/cartoon/movie should be translated exactly how it is in the original, (or as close as possible owing to translation issues..)
If they're going to edit/leave out violence/give them awful voices etc, they should just leave it alone and let it stay the amazing way it is in its original glory...

I agree completely, sure, for lil kids cut it all up... but then show the real thing at like 7 or 8 at night for the rest of us to see, there should TOTALLY be a law that the voices must match and everything must be exactly like the original!! I liked how they dubbed Evangelion or Tenchi Muyo because they kept most of it all the same, the voices sounded good and the dialoged was kept pretty original and as close to Japanese as they could've. But in Sailor Moon they went the extra mile to 'flip' the scenes so buses drove on the right side of the road because children would get confused... what?? Are children going to watch this one anime and take it to heart (ignoring drivers Ed) and start driving on the other side of the road like Britain!? That so dumb, I think kids are smarter than that...  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff