Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
H2G2 TV Show Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Verax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:19 am
Tinnumir
Verax
I've seen the first disk.
The general in the tub sort of disturbed.

And they have full rear nudity.

Overall, I loved it

...and that beautiful rear end belongs to none other than the Great and Powerful Douglas Adams. That is why we love that episode so very very much. biggrin

I think I remember hearing that before.
I wasn't sure if it was true, though.
XD

I was so shocked when I saw it.
I was all-
'They can't show that on tv! eek '

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:48 pm
Verax
Tinnumir
Verax
I've seen the first disk.
The general in the tub sort of disturbed.

And they have full rear nudity.

Overall, I loved it

...and that beautiful rear end belongs to none other than the Great and Powerful Douglas Adams. That is why we love that episode so very very much. biggrin

I think I remember hearing that before.
I wasn't sure if it was true, though.
XD

I was so shocked when I saw it.
I was all-
'They can't show that on tv! eek '

It's a British show. They allow much more nudity than Americans do (don't know about Canada). If you ever watch Monty Python's Flying Circus, you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I've never seen the show, but I really want to. is there anything I should be warned about before watching it (besides Trillian's voice)?  

Appoggiatura

Aojiroi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:42 am
I used to have it, but I lost it in the fire. >< My cousin= Pyro-Idiot. It was quite a lovely series, but alas I loved the Radio show better...

OH MEIN GOTT I AM SHOWING MY AGE! *pushes her age down* NO NO STAY AWAY!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:26 pm
DiscordantNote

Anyway, I've never seen the show, but I really want to. is there anything I should be warned about before watching it (besides Trillian's voice)?

Zaphod's Second Head. It has an odd look on his face for most of the series, like he's just seen someone's gramma nekkid. And he only says about 2 lines in the whole series. Everything is just...so.....non modern. For a 1980 tv series this should be expected, but to be honest, it really took me by surprise when I watched it for the first time.  

Tinnumir

Appoggiatura

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:53 pm
Tinnumir
DiscordantNote

Zaphod's Second Head. It has an odd look on his face for most of the series, like he's just seen someone's gramma nekkid. And he only says about 2 lines in the whole series. Everything is just...so.....non modern. For a 1980 tv series this should be expected, but to be honest, it really took me by surprise when I watched it for the first time.

Oh boy! I'll just be happy that he has a second head. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:29 am
My friend and I rented that. I defantely like the Newier Version better. But it was nice to see the orignal. Now currently I'm reading the book.  

DepressedLlama

Fezzik999

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:18 pm
For special effects, the new movie kics some major booty. For overall greatness, the old one wins above all. (Hey, did any of you notice they kept the old theme song, and in the scene where they are on Vogsphere in the paperwork room, one of the guys in line is the old Marvin! that cracked me up!)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:50 pm
Fezzik999
For special effects, the new movie kics some major booty. For overall greatness, the old one wins above all. (Hey, did any of you notice they kept the old theme song, and in the scene where they are on Vogsphere in the paperwork room, one of the guys in line is the old Marvin! that cracked me up!)

I got SO excited the first time I went to see it and I heard Journey of the Sorcerer! I squeaked, and started singing along ^_^
I noticed Marvin in the queue right away. It made me surpassingly happy!  

Tinnumir

Shadows_Fall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:24 pm
sounds funny  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:53 pm
The 80's sure were great (I wasn't there long, but... well). They had SCTV and H2G2, what more could you want out of a decade biggrin If you disagree I will call you a "unhoopy hoser".

I could watch the series forever, well not forever, they will degrade overtime. But in a world of infinitly prolonged DVDs that could work.  

Super Radical

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:18 pm
Fezzik999

Yeah, I saw those and they made me very very happy. I love that theme song.
I've also heard that the guy in the Megatherea (sp. is off, I know) hologram was the guy who played Arthur Dent in the TV show. Don't know if it's true or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:03 pm
Lupe_Oceana
Fezzik999

Yeah, I saw those and they made me very very happy. I love that theme song.
I've also heard that the guy in the Megatherea (sp. is off, I know) hologram was the guy who played Arthur Dent in the TV show. Don't know if it's true or not.

Yup. It's true. The Magrathean Message hologram making the funny faces is, indeed, Mr. Simon Jones.  

Tinnumir

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:30 am
I haven't been able to find the TV show on DVD anywhere. It sounds awesome. I've read/heard/seen all of the other versions of it (OK, sort of a lie- I haven't finished the radio show yet...) but I still can't find the TV show. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:24 am
Before the movie came out, I couldn't find the TV series (to buy) ANYWHERE. But now that the movie's come out and the Guide has some publicity, I've been able to find the series in my local HMV. Before that I borrowed it from the library to watch it.  

Echidnite

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:32 pm
When I got mine I had to order it from Suncoast, but that was before the movie came out. I've since seen other copies of it there. I've also seen it at Best Buy. You could also order it from the internet if you have a credit card.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games