Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Can you say, STE-RE-O-TYPES? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sterotype?
  Yeah...
  Not yet.
View Results

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:24 pm
JhonnyRaincloud
Where does this "Ching Chang Chong" thing come from anyway? I don't even know what it means!

Dunno...
If I find out the person who made it sound stupid or done it on purpose I'm gonna throw a brick at him/he, if their dead, good riddens to scums When I hear those words I feel like murdering them right at the spot, with any sharp/dangerous objects nearby stare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:36 pm
[priscilla]
People also love doing the oh, so famous imitation of Chinese with their "ching, chong." etc. It's kind of sad, and it's really annoying. My friend did that once, he's not chinese, but he's asian, and it really pissed me off.

Yeah, I hate it too. I was telling this one person about Chinese music, and he was like "Oh, they probably all sing like 'ching chong chao etc.'"

=__=''

Sad Sad Sunflower

Bai_Sango

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:22 pm
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:21 am
...我爱你...

Heh, today, my friend was taking off her jumper and while she was taking it off, I think the neck part was tight so it stretched her face a little. And my other friend just goes "you've got Chinese eyes!" and slants it up stare

Also, this other time, when Australia beat Japan in the World Cup (I live in Australia, BTW), my friends just went up to me and go "Haha! We kicked your asses in the World Cup!" and I'm like "....I'm Chinese... =.="

They also stereotype Chinese as Japanese rolleyes stare

...你爱我...

Even Angels Cry.....

Oompa Loompa `

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:06 pm
User Image
Listen to your heart.

I don't know if this was real...

But this girl once told me (she's Asian too, so she shares the pain) that Mariah Carey or some famous singer similar to her, visited Chinatown in a city. They noticed how the people there spit on the floor and stuff so then the singer was all, "WTF. I hate Chinese people."

=/ I'm not sure if it's real though.

These people went trick or treating and they got candy and stuff. So they went to a lady's house and the lady gave them pumpkins and raisins. The next day, one of those people told me, some Chinese lady gave me two pumpkins and a box of raisins!

Is that considered stereotyping..?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:12 pm
well u cant based ONE thing on sterotype/  

shortiegrl8

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:48 pm
i am soooooo confused.. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:03 pm
JhonnyRaincloud
Where does this "Ching Chang Chong" thing come from anyway? I don't even know what it means!

Go watch the movie Dumb and Dumberer and you'll see.  

Legendary_ONE

the fire within ice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:01 pm
Even Angels Cry.....
...我爱你...

Heh, today, my friend was taking off her jumper and while she was taking it off, I think the neck part was tight so it stretched her face a little. And my other friend just goes "you've got Chinese eyes!" and slants it up stare

Also, this other time, when Australia beat Japan in the World Cup (I live in Australia, BTW), my friends just went up to me and go "Haha! We kicked your asses in the World Cup!" and I'm like "....I'm Chinese... =.="

They also stereotype Chinese as Japanese rolleyes stare

...你爱我...

that's so true! i've had similar experiences, and they stereotype chinese and koreans 2.
basically most white ppl cant tell the different between our physical features so they just assume we r all chinese cauz chinese do make up the majority of eastern asian population...meh wutever. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:52 pm
yes. But not in a bad way. They assume you are smart. (which is ....) but not rasit. (can't spell)  

JunsuXiahKim DBSK

Beixuelong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:16 pm
Stereotypes suck.

Being caucasian, visiting China costantly (I do business trips to places that are not your average tourist locations) has put me into, I don't know how many, pictures that people take with their cameras.

One time I was in Shenzhen zoo with a Chinese friend of mine and half the time I felt like I should be carrying a label saying "don't feed the albino monkey".
I don't feel bad about it though, I take it as a joke. I'm not so serious about things like that. rolleyes

I love the reactions of little children when they're staring at me and I say something random at them in Chinese (or with my crappy Chinese anyway rolleyes )

Anyway, I totally understand what basically any immigrant is going through. I haven't had it bad but it makes one feel bad if there's extra attention paid on you just because of your appearance. It's not fair but then, it's not gonna change either... I suppose what it all comes down to is that people are ignorant by nature. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:32 pm
JhonnyRaincloud
I know! There was a Chinese Club at my school and when we got flyers, kids were like: "We get to learn things like Ching Chang a Chong? AWESOME!!"
And there's even a insulting term for Chinese, even asians for those who can't tell them apart....
Yea, it's in the video. xD

NoNewNews

irisky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:54 pm
Not really in my area. The worst if can get is, "Your Asian. You must be smart." Here it's more like, "You dirty white girl."

Well there's also my friend Brandon, who'll pretty much insult anyone who's like, weird or talks too much, or crazy or overly hyper. So he calls my friend Chow mein. But it's only to her. lol?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:39 pm
all stereotypes here, no ones racist here, just a few, but never to me.  

Weiwei Haoma

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:50 am
oh, it sounds bad,
the stereotypes.

i live in asia, so no one cam stereotype, or else thy're stereotyping themselves. (:
but my parents lived in london for 2-3 years(and they gave birth to me there and brought me back)
and they said some people were mean to them,
otherwise the rest were good.

oh well.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out