Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Rush's thread for ranting about SM no longer being available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think I'm crazy?
  Yeah.
  No.. you're totally right.
  No comment...
View Results

sakurag7227

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:00 am
Rush_Hardroc
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *beats head on desk* I can't find Sailor Moon DVDs or even the TV show anymore! WHY?! Toei is screwing us over badly! Sailor Moon never gets old! You can't just cancel it this way and you can't just stop selling the DVD's! There are still people here who like Sailor Moon. And why won't Naoko-hime fill in all those holes she left in her legendary story?

You can still find Sailor Moon at best buy. There online store isnt as good but I've been to stores where they have 20+ DVDs of the show and movies. So, I dont really see your guys problem, it's really easy to find them there and some other DVD places like Media Play, Suncoast, and I even got 2 from blockbuster.

and then at Best Buy they mark the prices down after a while so most of the DVDs are like, $11.00. I've even gotten some for $6.99.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:47 am
sakurag7227
Rush_Hardroc
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *beats head on desk* I can't find Sailor Moon DVDs or even the TV show anymore! WHY?! Toei is screwing us over badly! Sailor Moon never gets old! You can't just cancel it this way and you can't just stop selling the DVD's! There are still people here who like Sailor Moon. And why won't Naoko-hime fill in all those holes she left in her legendary story?

You can still find Sailor Moon at best buy. There online store isnt as good but I've been to stores where they have 20+ DVDs of the show and movies. So, I dont really see your guys problem, it's really easy to find them there and some other DVD places like Media Play, Suncoast, and I even got 2 from blockbuster.

and then at Best Buy they mark the prices down after a while so most of the DVDs are like, $11.00. I've even gotten some for $6.99.

you must live in a place where alot of people dont know what SM is, because the only SM anime left on DVD are the leftovers of what people didn't buy, because of the contract pull.

Here where i live, where Sailor Moon fans are plentiful, people bought all the leftovers...  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:21 pm
I live in Florida... Port St. Lucie to be exact. I cannot find any Sailor Moon merchandise ANYWHERE!!!! Not even at the mall... of all places. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:51 pm
I'm glad I bought my Sailor Mercury stuffed person and the doll at KB two years ago, eh? lol The doll is probably really scruffed up, I don't know where it is. The stuffed person is in my room. Its so cute, I luv it.

I found Sailor Moon dvds at Walmart about a year and a half back, but there is nothing. Makes me sad. I just bought a dvd set of season 1-5 on ebay so that is exciting.. I couldn't wait until christmas, afraid I wouldn't be able to find it sooo lol. I'll just ask for the movies for christmas and tell my dad that ebay and amazon are the only way to go to get them. 3nodding  

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:19 pm
MikiSohma
I'm glad I bought my Sailor Mercury stuffed person and the doll at KB two years ago, eh? lol The doll is probably really scruffed up, I don't know where it is. The stuffed person is in my room. Its so cute, I luv it.

I found Sailor Moon dvds at Walmart about a year and a half back, but there is nothing. Makes me sad. I just bought a dvd set of season 1-5 on ebay so that is exciting.. I couldn't wait until christmas, afraid I wouldn't be able to find it sooo lol. I'll just ask for the movies for christmas and tell my dad that ebay and amazon are the only way to go to get them. 3nodding

Lucky you... There is like no Sailor Moon stuff anywhere in town. I'm beginning to lose hope.

As a guy, I'm probably not supposed to even possess the kind of fondness I have for shojo. Am I just weird?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:00 pm
Rush_Hardroc
As a guy, I'm probably not supposed to even possess the kind of fondness I have for shojo. Am I just weird?

hahah no you are not weird smile My guy friend likes Sailor Moon too so its okay ^_^ You like what you like so smile  

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100

User_8572

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:49 am
Sailor Moon's one of my fav. shows, next to Buffy. But both have major female leadership a** kicking powers!! Girls Kick a**!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:55 pm
ok^^ ilove sailor moon's^^ i miss the tv shows^^  

badeagle

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:59 pm
MikiSohma
Rush_Hardroc

hahah no you are not weird smile My guy friend likes Sailor Moon too so its okay ^_^ You like what you like so smile

Thanx. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:17 pm
Ebay.  

B4D W0LF

ddemim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:41 pm
check like half.com and stuff like that. i wanna find them too..i thougth they were out on dvd but maybe there not  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:16 am
kawaiibunny3
I dont want them to make any more Sailor Moon, it's perfect the way it is. It was the SuperS series that ruined it for the Americans, out of the 4 SM seasons, SuperS ratings were the lowest.

I read a report awhile back saying that Cartoon Network was depending on SuperS, if the ratings were good, they would have kept showing it for a while, maybe even considered bringing over StarS, however, the ratings were low and, well...u know the rest....

Toei also wanted to promote more of their series, but they couldn't with the Sailor Moon contract in the way, so they waited for the contracts to expire and then push thier other anime shows (proof of this, there are alot more Toei animation productions around like Zatch Bell, Ojamajo Doremi, Bobobo, Rave Master, etc.)

the thing that makes ME mad, is when they brought the manga into all of this and Kodansha didn't want to renew the manga licenses either, my manga is freaking falling apart because stupid TokyoPop didn't put it together right in the 1st place and now i cant even get another freaking copy because of stupid Kodansha!!!!! stare

......that's all of my ranting...thank u mrgreen

What??? You don't want there to be more of Sailor Moon? BLASPHEMY!!!!! Can't you see that there are a ton of holes in the storyline? Sailor Moon is one of those animes that can be heavily speculated upon... and actually demands a sci-fi/fantasy explianation for them (thanx to the Stars season). However, I'm not entirely without understanding of your position.

I'm in a massive writer's block, so I need fresh ideas.

(in case anyone wants to know, my story so far can be found on my journal and the first chapter has been posted at http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16352787  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

User_8572

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:04 am
Sailor Moon hit 200 episodes, that's a great thing and i believe it ended on top with StarS being one of its best seasons- I'd be worried if they kept trying to keep it afloat (like Dragon ball... ugh) It would've had its peak and then its fall and become another overly played anime. It was long enough to obsess over but not too long to get sick of... Think of this show like Merlyn Monroe, she was beautiful a wonderful movie star but imagine if she wouldn't have died, we would've seen her age and the slow but steady slope downward as hotter females got the better roles and soon she'd wind up doing simple (almost degrading) shows and sure she would've been a 'star' but now she's a legend. So keep Sailor Moon buried because the show died in the most upstanding way, this is why we love it so much.
"You don't know what you had until it's gone."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:05 am
How can there b some 1 so EVIL as 2 taking Sailor Moon away from her FANS question exclaim question Its just not HUMAN i tell u exclaim exclaim exclaim WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY question exclaim question exclaim question  

Crazy Anime Lover

O.G. Elder

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:44 am
Kawaki
Sailor Moon hit 200 episodes, that's a great thing and i believe it ended on top with StarS being one of its best seasons- I'd be worried if they kept trying to keep it afloat (like Dragon ball... ugh) It would've had its peak and then its fall and become another overly played anime. It was long enough to obsess over but not too long to get sick of... Think of this show like Merlyn Monroe, she was beautiful a wonderful movie star but imagine if she wouldn't have died, we would've seen her age and the slow but steady slope downward as hotter females got the better roles and soon she'd wind up doing simple (almost degrading) shows and sure she would've been a 'star' but now she's a legend. So keep Sailor Moon buried because the show died in the most upstanding way, this is why we love it so much.
"You don't know what you had until it's gone."

Exactly! As you all can plainly see, it's slowly being forgotten... I'd at least like it if the holes were filled before stopping it... Buuuut, i guess that's good news for writers, as we now have something big to write about. My goal in fanfiction is to write a story that will make Sailor Moon, in a sense, immortal.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff