Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Crystal Tokyo hmmm >.> <.< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever wondered about Crystal Tokyo?
  Yes
  No
View Results

User_8572

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:38 pm
Luamervara
kawaiibunny3
everyone pretty much covered the 1st comment....so i'll focus on the 2nd

Usagi/Serenity/Sailor Moon etc. was always depicted as somewhat of a savior figure but i don't think Naoko's story was intended to intwine with Christianity (but i think it DOES parallel it a bit)

because i think in the Sailor Moon universe there is no Jesus or Christianity (atleast in Naoko's manga) so i suppose NQSerenity with her almighty healing powers could be the SM equivilent to Jesus and Crstal Tokyo as his kingdom

SM could be a religion if it wanted to be, i mean, people made Star Wars into a religion xd

Actaully there is Christianity (well to me it is.)

Rei attends Catholaic school >>;;

and there are several churches in the show as well as in the manga. >>

And mamoru and Usagi get married inside a church with Jesus on the cross behind them... but that's to be expected. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:32 pm
It's funny that a country who's national religion is Shinto/Buddisim there is alot of Christian themes in their animes.  

ElaborateDream

User_8572

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:30 pm
Sailor Papillon
It's funny that a country who's national religion is Shinto/Buddisim there is alot of Christian themes in their animes.

Not only that but a lot of blonde hair and blue eyes... and tall people. I think they draw what they wanna have... big eyes, long legs and any hair color but black!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:41 pm
They do; I onced asked an old friend, Yuriko, why anime is drawn the way it is..she told me that its drawn how people want to look; big breasts, hair, eyes....etc...she said mainly the boobs XD  

ElaborateDream

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:25 pm
yeah. I did notice all that. I'd like to think of Final Fantasy X's Blitzball being developed in that time period as well. By 3092, Humanity should have technologies such as Applied Gravatonics and Temporal Mechanics. I'm beginning to get story ideas... Hmmm *thinks rampantly about the possibilities*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:28 pm
I think Naoko-hime may be Christian, but because she is Japanese, she had a traditional Shinto wedding. If you wanna find out a mangaka's religion, the content of their manga is usually a good indicator.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:21 pm
Actualy it's not surprising at all, In America Christianity is the Major relegion but there are other relgions here as well.

Most Japanese anime have Christian themes not because they're Christians themselves BUT because >> It's cool and the themes associated with it.

It makes for great Symbolism and they're all for Symbolism.

It's like in the Anime when Rubeus captured the Inner Senshi and they were hanging by Crosses- doesn't mean the company or Animators are Christain it's just a popular image.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:30 pm
Vivi~chan64
All I can say is hey its a cartoon anything can happen this is all from the minds of the creators so I guess I'll just go with the flow.

this one makes the most sence  

Lay-San

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:13 am
Luamervara
kawaiibunny3
everyone pretty much covered the 1st comment....so i'll focus on the 2nd

Usagi/Serenity/Sailor Moon etc. was always depicted as somewhat of a savior figure but i don't think Naoko's story was intended to intwine with Christianity (but i think it DOES parallel it a bit)

because i think in the Sailor Moon universe there is no Jesus or Christianity (atleast in Naoko's manga) so i suppose NQSerenity with her almighty healing powers could be the SM equivilent to Jesus and Crstal Tokyo as his kingdom

SM could be a religion if it wanted to be, i mean, people made Star Wars into a religion xd

Actaully there is Christianity (well to me it is.)

Rei attends Catholic school >>;;

and there are several churches in the show as well as in the manga. >>

well i knew they were in the anime

(i forgot about the catholic school sweatdrop whoops...)
but no one ever mentions Jesus...and talks about him and all that...that's the point i was trying to get across...

i dunno...i'll just be quiet...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:43 pm
Rush_Hardroc
yeah. I did notice all that. I'd like to think of Final Fantasy X's Blitzball being developed in that time period as well. By 3092, Humanity should have technologies such as Applied Gravatonics and Temporal Mechanics. I'm beginning to get story ideas... Hmmm *thinks rampantly about the possibilities*

Think of the possibilities...

At one time, I wanted to associate Pokemon with the Crystal Tokyo Era... but after researching both animes, I found that they are incompatable and I abandoned the project. Oh well... I figured I'd share this with you all.

Still, you can't go wrong with Blitz...  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Syndrama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:50 pm
Burn_the_Witch
They do; I onced asked an old friend, Yuriko, why anime is drawn the way it is..she told me that its drawn how people want to look; big breasts, hair, eyes....etc...she said mainly the boobs XD

Uhh... NO. Anime is based off of DISNEY ART. When Snow White and the Seven Dwarves premiered in Japan, it inspired artists to draw with large eyes to show innocence and trustworthiness, and narrow eyes to show who the more mature and less trustworthy people were.

Long legs have always been sexy to Japan, as has pale skin. Look at Kabuki and Geisha make up rolleyes The large breasted look is more modern than you'd think. It wasn't really popular until the 1970s when the art was less restricted sexually.

Anime has only existed since America conquered Japan in WWII, so, in a way we should thank Japan for bombing Pearl Harbor (but please still respectfully mourn the fallen and sacrificed!!). If they hadn't, you'd never know Sailor Moon or any of your other favorite stories. [/history lesson]  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:15 pm
I am just saying its just anime its just a cartoon its not really suppose to make scence. if it was suppose to how can you explin chibia's pink hair and red eyes. when usgai has blond hair blue eyes and darein as black hair and blue eyes. as i said does not need to make scence  

Phoenix_17

c. Alluvion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Kawaki
Not only that but a lot of blonde hair and blue eyes... and tall people. I think they draw what they wanna have... big eyes, long legs and any hair color but black!

Probably not. It's just for easy identification of the characters. All black hair makes for a pretty boring color pallete. Also, Makoto's height wouldn't be that impressive by western standards.

With Sailor Moon, hair colors have some symbolism-- bright moon, light hair; Shinto shrine maiden, traditional black hair; mysterious, black hair as well; otherworldly, dark green hair.

Trivia-- Around the time Sailor Moon came out, wearing crosses was trendy. So I hope I won't see anyone claiming Usagi is Christian based on one artbook pic. wink

In the anime, I think that once Earth was unfrozen, aging just went on as usual (or I wasn't watching carefully enough. xd Who knows.).

I also think that Neo Queen Serenity and the rest of her court are like the executive branch of the government-- they have power, but most of the world won't have  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:37 am
Quote manga:

King Endymion: The lifetime of the people of the Silver Millenium is around a thousand years. In most, after reaching maturity the aging process stops. I was touched by the same power and like the people of Silver Millenium, gained a long life span. It was not only us. Once we were crowned in the twenty-first century (<-*gasp*), all of Crystal Tokyo became a generation of ageless people.

-

And Chibi-Usa hadn't been 'awakened' as you can call it. Her powers developed late. Thanks to this, she didn't grew. When she finally got her powers, she began to grow and will continue to until she reaches the age of 22.

(Usagi gave birth to Chibi-Usa when she was 22, by the way^-^)  

SweetBunny8

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:12 am
ElaborateDream
Has anyone wondered: How did Serenity and Endymion get elected King and Queen over the world?

Was there an election held through out the world? What happened? How did they explain that they remain young for so long? How do they explain that their five year old daughter is actully over 500 years old? Does she stay in kindergarten that long? XD j/k

If they stay young forever, does that mean that their kingdom is not passed to anyone else? Is it just me, or ...doesnt the bible say something about Jesus' kingdom in the future wont pass to any other people?

Sailor Moon = Religion?

here's a secret... you don't vote for royalty... at least not in this sense... King Endymion said something about a great war, followed by an ice-age like period. After that, the remaining people of Earth presumably wanted Prince Endymion (Tuxedo Mask) and Princess Serena (Sailor Moon) to be their rulers, as I speculate they facilitated their survival.

An ideal monarchy would have to be a democratic one. The excecutive office is either a King, Queen, or some other royalty capable of ruling. Elected officials would be limited to Governors and everything else down from there. The bicameral system should be eliminated, having the general populous represent itself and dictate the ruler's actions. This, my friends, is TRUE democracy.

In my fanfiction, the planet Freejia has a governemnt system similar to the one I just described, but there is still a slight touch of feudalism. Instead of governors, High-ranking nobles control their own territories, but are still answerable to the people as well as the Emperor/Empress. Other than that, other offices that are known to be elected are elected.

As for the near-immortality featured by the royal family, it's caused by two things:

1.) the power of their Sailor Crystals. All Guardians have a natural lifespan that I'm going to put at ....say... 5,000 years, if left undisturbed (explaining how some Senshi we know have lived for more than 1,000 years).

2.) The power of the Silver Crystal has the power to prolong life to unknown limits (and I won't try to set a limit, either). This explains why Chibi-Usa hasn't aged since.... 6 or 7, or something... This means it must amplify the Sailor Crystal's power to suspend aging and longevity.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff