Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
If Jupiter is outside the Asteroid Belt...... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you draw that kind of logic?
  Beats me.
  SHHHH it's a secret.
  Anime's not supposed to make sense.
  Poll Whore Option. All rights reserved.
View Results

H8B2K11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:14 pm
Ok I love Sailor Moon and Astromy or Astrolgy what it is called but I am getting confused but seems to happen to me a lot. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:54 am
question  

MistressBriseis

Tweety-Lilly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:02 pm
Dang you guys are very technical.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:07 pm
MistressBriseis
Who knows? I'm glad she was part of the inners though . . .

ditto  

Miss_Mad_Hatter87

KevinIDodson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:49 pm
I dont get it...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:18 am
Kawaki
Plus in season 1 in the anime you can see Neptune in one of those yellow bubbles where Queen Serenity sent them all to the future on Earth... hmm. I honestly think she planned out all the senshi but made a good note not to mention them in her series until she knew it'd be a success. It's good planning to me, but who'll ever know?

It couldn't have been Neptune, the Senshi of the Outer Solar System, it explaned in the manga, it was to late and they could be there, sure saturn didn't awaken in the Anime but that is probobly the same  

Ophie In Water

Xx-Razorblade-Skittles-xX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:42 pm
I've always wondered that myself.... It is an anime though, like said earlier.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:01 pm
Darkend_Raven
I've always wondered that myself.... It is an anime though, like said earlier.

Nako-sama didn't even have much to do with the anime, it _was_ pure cowincidence(xD no one say ANYTHING about my spelling) and she probobly didn't have the senshi of the outer solar system written because the manga was orriginaly going to be only to the Black Moon arc  

Ophie In Water

Demonic_Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:41 am
This is something I've always wondered ever since I found out that Jupiter was outside of the asteroid belt in fourth grade (we were studying the Solar System at the time). There are so many mysteries behind Sailor Moon, like why wasn't this made and so on and so forth. I guess it's just to remain that way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:24 am
Kawaki
~Alechsa~
Kimiski-Chan
Simple...
At first, Naoko said she wanted to make a story about five girls. A team story. So she did Sailor Moon and used those five.

She didnt even think the outer senshi up until later when she decided to make more seasons.

True, but you'll notice they aren't called the INNER senshi until she creates the Outer group, and they ARE called that because of the astrological groupings of their planets. Naoko either lucked out, or chose to use those four planets because they were astrologically linked in a group.

Plus in season 1 in the anime you can see Neptune in one of those yellow bubbles where Queen Serenity sent them all to the future on Earth... hmm. I honestly think she planned out all the senshi but made a good note not to mention them in her series until she knew it'd be a success. It's good planning to me, but who'll ever know?

i never saw that  

Clows

Phoenix_17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:06 pm
~Alechsa~
The Outers and Inners are chosen not by location according to the asteroid belt, but by the astrological placement of their guardian planets. Jupiter is part of the Inner system according to Astrology, because it was known of without a telescope. Uranus, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto were discovered long after Jupiter was known of, so they are tacked onto Astrology in terms of properties and guardian planets of birth signs, making them "the Outers".

who knows why but I agree with what she just said and sailor jupitor is cool so I am glad she was with the other scouts  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:09 pm
I learned this very fact this year in my earth science class. I got a bit of a giggle from the astronomy unit because I knew a lot of the information from Sailor Moon. I seriously never knew that the girls in the Amazonian Quartet names (Ceres, anyway. . . not sure about the others, as the unit was a while back) were from an asteroid belt. I think it's cool how the information is linked to the show.

My theory is, Naoko probably did the research and decided to tweak some stuff a little bit to make it fit with her plan for a story about 5 girls. It's not uncommon for manga authors (and writers in general sometimes) to do this. It provides a basis for a story, but doesn't go overboard by sticking right to a script. Another anime/manga that follows this 'rule' is Knights of the Zodiac, or Saint Seiya.
Also, I saw Neptune in the bubble as well, and if I'm not mistaken, I might've seen Uranus too.

+Trynyti+

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:23 am
Actually you never hear them refer to the Inners and Outers as 'Inners and Outers' Really those terms are Fandom and not in the comic or actual Anime at all.

xP Therefore the only reason Jupiter is considered an 'Inner' is because she was one of the original four to awaken in the first season. That and it makes it even.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:33 am
Luamervara
Actually you never hear them refer to the Inners and Outers as 'Inners and Outers' Really those terms are Fandom and not in the comic or actual Anime at all.

xP Therefore the only reason Jupiter is considered an 'Inner' is because she was one of the original four to awaken in the first season. That and it makes it even.

dude u totally just stole what I was about to say xp

so yeah, just backing up what she said. Naoko didn't really intend for a "Inner" team and "Outer" team. It was just (at first) one big team (Sailor Team) then she brought in Uranus, Neptune and the rest and made their mission to protect the outer rims of the Solar System.  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:50 am

Even the Wikipedia article states that the terms "inner" and "outer"
do not apply to the planets' locations in the solar system
(although the accuracy of any Wiki article is openly disputed...).

I'd talk about how Jupiter is an Inner Senshi because
she was one of the first to awaken or
the deliciously simple "because Takeuchi said so,"
but that's all been discussed already.

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items