Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Book Forum Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:34 pm
This chick's got me reading "Interview with the Vampire". One chapter in and so far, not so bad.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:49 pm
Hmm...

Well, The Da Vinci Code was quite interesting. I'm reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley right now. All the high schoolers at my school think it's ridiculous for a sixth grder to be reading eleventh-grade summer reading material, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Let's see...Inkheart by Cornelia Funke wasn't horrible...

I can't think of any more books off the top of my head.  

Rev Shrubbery

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:34 pm
I'm still trudging through "Fellowship of the Ring", but I'm getting bored with it, so I might start reading "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clarke that a friend gave me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:29 am
Kharybuce
This chick's got me reading "Interview with the Vampire". One chapter in and so far, not so bad.

who got you reading it? it's a good book, though i never enjoyed anne rice's witch books.  

EngelerDeamon

E_Night

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:37 pm
Kharybuce

anne rice writes well.
I have her first 3 vampire chronicals and i want to read more. Sad thing is that her books are big and spendy. Her books have inspired me to write scary stories and im really good at it. I am so seccessful at it I am called a "freak" for my gorey discriptions. Oh yes, my life has reached fulfillment! I wounder if oneday i might post it. its long... The assignment was write about if you met someone. I chose lestat. : emotion_drool :
so yeah if any one wants me to post it tell me k? If no one wants to hear it i don't want to waist time typing an uber amount  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:40 pm
Lesidia
Hmm...

Well, The Da Vinci Code was quite interesting. I'm reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley right now. All the high schoolers at my school think it's ridiculous for a sixth grder to be reading eleventh-grade summer reading material, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Let's see...Inkheart by Cornelia Funke wasn't horrible...

I can't think of any more books off the top of my head.

wow im impressed by your will to read at that age... and read well. woot to you  

E_Night

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:25 pm
Eternalnight666
Kharybuce

anne rice writes well.
I have her first 3 vampire chronicals and i want to read more. Sad thing is that her books are big and spendy. Her books have inspired me to write scary stories and im really good at it. I am so seccessful at it I am called a "freak" for my gorey discriptions. Oh yes, my life has reached fulfillment! I wounder if oneday i might post it. its long... The assignment was write about if you met someone. I chose lestat. : emotion_drool :
so yeah if any one wants me to post it tell me k? If no one wants to hear it i don't want to waist time typing an uber amount
I've read all the Vampire Chronicals except for "The Vampire Armand, Vittorio the Vampire," and I read all but the last chapter of "Pandora." The most interesting, due to its story was "Memnoch the Devil", and the most amusing was "Tale of the Body Theif."  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:57 pm
EngelerDeamon
Kharybuce

who got you reading it? it's a good book, though i never enjoyed anne rice's witch books.
This chick friend of mine. She's all about'm. I'm a little further now. It's not bad. It's just.......different.  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

EngelerDeamon

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:25 pm
Dathu
Eternalnight666
Kharybuce

anne rice writes well.
I've read all the Vampire Chronicals except for "The Vampire Armand, Vittorio the Vampire," and I read all but the last chapter of "Pandora." The most interesting, due to its story was "Memnoch the Devil", and the most amusing was "Tale of the Body Theif."

Memnoch was awesomeness!!! XD  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:47 pm
I've been reading Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. I'm also reading Nietzsche's "The Will to Power", which is really good... My favorite of all time would probably be Nietzsche's "Thus Spoke Zarathustra". The Zarathustra of the book really has nothing to do with Zorastronianism(Zarathustra is how Germans say Zoraster). Zarathustra is just Nietzsche's hero.  

Digital Leviathan

E_Night

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:04 pm
Dathu
Eternalnight666
Kharybuce

anne rice writes well.

baby jenks story was sick and twisted. It rocked my sox! But yes memnoch awsomeness, and the whole thing with jessica and her twin even more awsomeness  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:29 am
Eternalnight666
Dathu
Eternalnight666
Kharybuce

anne rice writes well.

baby jenks story was sick and twisted. It rocked my sox! But yes memnoch awsomeness, and the whole thing with jessica and her twin even more awsomeness
I might pick up some Anne Rice next time I'm at the library. People at my school stare at me when I say I go to the library. whee  

Din_of_Serenity

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:19 am
If your looking for a strange quick read, then try Patrick Suskind's "Perfume." It sounds like a cheesey romance novel, but it's not. It is pretty messed up though. The ending will make you say "WTF!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:35 pm
Dathu
If your looking for a strange quick read, then try Patrick Suskind's "Perfume." It sounds like a cheesey romance novel, but it's not. It is pretty messed up though. The ending will make you say "WTF!"

Caroline Cooney wrote a book called perfume too a remake maybe?  

E_Night

Din_of_Serenity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:23 pm
Desperation By stephen King is good.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items