Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
The Movie!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The movie!!!!
Good
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Great
50%
 50%  [ 15 ]
Mock up!!! :gonk: T_T
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

mostlyharmless

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:52 pm
It was a pretty good movie, although they changed quite a few bits and got rid of quite a few things. If they had stayed more true to the book it would have been alot better. I also think they screwed the one thing up in the end credits. I am sure it was something different, I just don't want to go looking through the book right now.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:01 pm
I loved the movie.

It wasn't barely anything like the book as far as plot goes...but I was expecting that. The Guide's entries were loyal to the book, though...and were the best parts to me.
I love the one they did for the Babelfish... xd  

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

ECUnlimited

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:19 am
I thought it made a grade transisition from the book onto the big screen. The some parts I wanted to see, but didn't. But oh well. THe movie can't please everyone,, sadly.

I found allt he actors were perfect for the job. Freeman is a perfect "normal guy". I would've died if they had picked some movie star thaty girls go gaga over. Also, the guy who played Zaphod (Can't rememeber the name) was probably the best. He perfectly fit the role.

I would've liked to see more of the infinite imporbability drive, though. But scenes that did have it were good. (Especially where everything is yarn)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:47 am
eek I forgot to tell you.
I went to the 4:20 showing. whee

Animeistro

Seeky

Inquisitive Seeker

14,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:55 am
I loved it amazing, happy Seeky go yay new ideas...inside jokes, boyfriend looks like Arthur...Ford not redhead, no penguin line...

Now that that's settled. I rather enjoyed it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:57 am
Zarkin' A! That was awesome! I went to see the movie wearing a bathrobe and took my towel with me. I had so much fun. ^___^

Hey, did anyone catch the cameo of the old BBC Marvin suit? Yes, no? Maybe?  

badgerdog

Animeistro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:39 am
In the vogsphere line up thing.

And the original BBC Arthur did the magrathean disembodied head announcer thing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:01 pm
Great movie, though I wish they would have wrapped up a bit more of their loose ends, and I was a bit disappointed in some of the jokes that were left out. I was expecting to hear the whole "Beware of the Leopard" bit but sadly this wasn't the case. It was very nice to have the mice revert to their true state when they were smashed, though. I did think, though, that the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters would have more fluid than they did. It would have been nice to see the Restaurant... Yeah, I'll stop rambling about all the parts it had and all the parts it didn't have so that someone else can get in a word.  

Kado Celeritus

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:35 pm
Kado666
Great movie, though I wish they would have wrapped up a bit more of their loose ends, and I was a bit disappointed in some of the jokes that were left out. I was expecting to hear the whole "Beware of the Leopard" bit but sadly this wasn't the case. It was very nice to have the mice revert to their true state when they were smashed, though. I did think, though, that the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters would have more fluid than they did. It would have been nice to see the Restaurant... Yeah, I'll stop rambling about all the parts it had and all the parts it didn't have so that someone else can get in a word.

Yeah...they never really went on to explain the rest of the thing with that Humma Kavula guy and the gun.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:12 pm
THe rest of the Humma Kavula thing will be shown in the next movie(It's pretty obvious there will be another one), no need to worry.

Also, it's a movie on the first book, so seeing the Restaurant is kinda out of the question.  

ECUnlimited

circuit sparks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:38 pm
badgerdog
Zarkin' A! That was awesome! I went to see the movie wearing a bathrobe and took my towel with me. I had so much fun. ^___^

Hey, did anyone catch the cameo of the old BBC Marvin suit? Yes, no? Maybe?

I saw that! I pointed and people looked at me like "0.o" ..I think the crowd there for the most part wasn't familiar with the books.. not many people had towels anyway, nor did anyone in the theater compliment me on my towel aside from the few that had their own... ..so I'm just guessing here. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:59 pm
[...EC_Maya...]
THe rest of the Humma Kavula thing will be shown in the next movie(It's pretty obvious there will be another one), no need to worry.

Also, it's a movie on the first book, so seeing the Restaurant is kinda out of the question.

I think a sequel will just be based on how well this movie does...which so far I've heard hasn't gotten very good reviews.

If there is a sequel, I wonder who'd be writing it...?  

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

squidocaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:24 pm
Yes!! I saw the old Marvin!!! xd

I though it was a rather good movie... better than most other book-turned movie ones.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:02 pm
I thought it was a good movie by itself.

But I was shaking with how untrue to the book it was. >.<  

[Tetris.Ninja]

Breenok

4,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:02 pm
I thought that it was a good movie, though, there were a few things that I would have liked to see and didn't.

My dad pointed out the original Marvin suit. I thought that the robot looked familiar but I couldn't place it until my dad said something. When I went with my friends I made them all bring towels. On Friday I wore a towel to school, one of my teachers got it right away, two of them needed the hint about movies, and one of them asked my friend...it was interesting...

Some people in the theatre were complaining about how they butchered the book, but what were they expecting? Detail for detail, the same story retold in the same way? That's just not the norm for remakes, there are always changes. My friend didn't like it much either, but she's just weird like that.

So long, so long, so long, so long...  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games