Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
dont you hate it when stuff you like becomes mainstreem Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u
yah let them do wat they want
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
no its annoying
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
peh
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

Libidinal Catharsis

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:40 am
I think they are classic rock...

I mean... 76... I think they are... they're almost 30 years old... and Rush is definately classic rock and they started in 74. I think anyone who started in the 60s or 70s is classic rock.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:39 pm
LibidinalCatharsis
I think they are classic rock...

I mean... 76... I think they are... they're almost 30 years old... and Rush is definately classic rock and they started in 74. I think anyone who started in the 60s or 70s is classic rock.

not really.like kc and the sunshine band arnt classic rock and they started in the 60-70's  

Vivafunkmistress

Jade Raccoon

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:38 pm
well, they released back in black in the 80s, and im totally sure that they were still on tour in the 90s or might be now  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:47 pm
roguemeanies
Know what realy pisses me off now? Star wars. It was one of the best series ever until they decided to remake it so that little kids would keep watching it. Now people are marveling at the posters just because all the people that had liked it in the past made it look like they were part of the "in" crowd. When my intrests suddenly become shared with that of a 10 year old, there is definately a problem. Also, I'm sick of playing againt whiney little brats in online games. If they can't stand losing so badly, then how the hell did they manage to get their parents to buy them a game that was intended to be played for people 17+.

Hell, I'm so sick of hearing the songs that I used to like that are played in my school every day that I've resorted to pulling out my collective soul and blue oyster cult albums.

Brad, AC/DC is not ******** classic rock. It won't be for about another 20 or 30 years. They started in 76, they're in a totally different category from the rolling stones.

I don't care what you have to say about the new Star Wars as long as you admit the special effects are incredible.

Word, those little kids that only scream in Halo pisses me off to.

Yeah, AC/DC is classic rock. Classic isn't bad though. Most classic rock is harder to play on a guitar than the new stuff is.

On the topic of classic rock, my guitar teacher won a nation wide Led Zepellin impersonation contest. He's also been on stage with tons of bands like Green Day ('93 Ranch Bowl if any of you are old enough to remember that)On a side note, I figured you'd actually care about GD because they're entire American Idiot album is about bashing Bush.).  

Brad_Margera

grapeseed

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:20 am
I've never seen anything "hippie" become main stream in my school or area ... the main stream look here is "punk rock" and all that stupid crap. I hate it. I'm glad to look different from most .. yet somehow, I feel more normal than anyone. lol. heart domokun  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:25 pm
xd LOVE IT!  

Jade Raccoon

grapeseed

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:27 pm
Oh dear.

No need to be mean to Greenday ... they've been producing pretty damn good music for years - although all their real good stuff was way before American Idiot.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:08 am
my class listened to that album in the weight room one day and everyone hated it. almost all of the songs sounded almost identical.

but yeah, some of their old stuff was all right. but whats annoying is when you ask some little green day fanatic to name 2 songs that they wrote. their response:

"Umm... american idiot!"  

Jade Raccoon

grapeseed

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:20 pm
Well the dumb twinks aren't Greenday's fault. It's society's fault. Hopefully this weird little punk phase will pass.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:52 am
I just keep doing what I like and wait for the fad to go away. I haven't seen leather purses like the one I got from my mom come in style yet though.  

Adain-chan

Dapper Explorer

dirty hippie

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:12 am
grapeseed
Oh dear.

No need to be mean to Greenday ... they've been producing pretty damn good music for years - although all their real good stuff was way before American Idiot.

no,theyve sucked since dookie came out  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:06 pm
Yeah, it sucks, but atleast its better then getting made fun of.

I don't care if people are intrested in music or stuff I like to do, its when they pretend to know everything about it when in fact they don't know the difference between a Beatle, and a Rolling Stone. xd

Eh, long story short, its a simple thing called, "Monkey see, Monkey do."  

Plumbarius

Harry Hood

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:50 pm
The whole classic rock thing is just a fad. There will be something else next year.

It's usually not a band's fault if they become mainstream. They don't decide how much publicity they get. That's up to the managers and the record company.
If people want to hear Green Day, bands that sound like Green Day are going to get more publicity.

Right now, "indie" seems to be the in thing, so bands like Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire, and Mars Volta are getting more radio play.

I can understand why this would upset the fans. Something that was once yours now belongs to everybody. It's very difficult to accept that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:56 am
I dont seem to mind, I dont care what trend people decided to follow. I remember when people were telling me my music was stupid but now they are wearing the t-shirt, but that just makes me laugh. At least now I can easily buy long flowing skirts and classic ts everywhere (im not acually a big t-shirt fan..) and I dont looking weird wearing them! I love this new trend because now I can buy things that dont show alot of leg or stomach, but still look sexy.  

arcky

manjap rocks yes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:45 am
I don't have much to say about the whole rock thing. i'm a hiphop person.

i kinda like the fact that Boho is in right now in my school. My hemp sales have never been higher. It's easier to find cloths that i like. People who didn't ware boho before, but ware it now, can't talk crap anymore. A lot of them even look up to me now.

Even though everyone else in my school likes boho just like me, i still manage to stay different. I have a shirt, a pair of flip-flops, and and an awsome hemp hoodie, that everyone wants, but can't have. That's cause i bought them at a yard sale in mexico. People always say i have the coolest hemp necklaces they've every seen, but you can't find them in any store. That's cause i made them myself.

I think it's fine that other people want our style. Look at it like a compliment. That make me feel like a god amoung men.  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff