Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
How To Be Teh Perfect Asian Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Akane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:43 pm
meh, too lazy to do this. @.@

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:31 pm
Wait i forgot to say,,,,,, GTFO Tosh, GTFO. scream

(in a friendly way,)  

Flammable Bait

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:22 pm
G.T.F.O?

o-o;;

Good Toshes feed octopuses?!

xDD

Edit: Wait, those are called Octopi right? ><

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:31 pm
Rosamaine
Oh my...my parents fit in all the stuff there. O___O

My parents are the "perfect" Asian parents. gonk

OMG, another Gaia moderator! *Dies in jealousy.* crying  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:10 am
t0sh - xd I think he means Get The F**k Out? o__o;;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 am
Ofcourse, ofcourse.

ninja

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

[Queen of Spades]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:40 pm
Zhi Xiang Ai Ni
meh, too lazy to do this. @.@

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:29 am
No, i meant Good Toshes Feed Octopi,

My Opctopi is hungry.

Flammable Bait

Night Rain55

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:50 pm
AHAHAHAHA... Hellz nuuuuh... Not wasting my time on that stuff. talk2hand I'll be the worse Asian kind. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:16 pm
If those are the guidelines for how to be a perfect Asian then I almost fit none of them. xd sweatdrop

I was one of the worst Asian students in my High school (most of my other Asian friends scored an ENTER-Equivalent National Tertiary Entrance Rank of 98 or above, I only got 95.55).

I did take up Piano when I was seven and continued playing it right until I was 17. I did enjoy Piano in the early years but after I was 15 I lost all interest in it, and since I failed my Grade 8 Piano exam-the second time! gonk - two years ago I gave up completely. Since then I haven't touched the piano once.

I am however, at an Ivy league category university in Australia (Melbourne), and I do aspire to be a Rhodes Scholar in arts someday, plus I am undertaking a course in Aged care (sort of brain surgeony xd ). Finally, I do take a lot of interest in my parents' and grandparents' childhoods since I find some insipration from them to spur me on, and I love studying academic texts at the moment. So that's 4/10. xp But in all other aspects I think I've morphed into a traditional Anglo-Australia (i.e white Aussie trash xd )

I think when I do become a parent (and I will some day, after I'm 27), I'll probably fit the perfect Asian/Australian (Australia is the closest country that's a replica of America xd ) model of a parent as possible.  

Minielf

lollerskater123321

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:38 am
How to be a Perfect Asian Kid
(from the first generation perspective)
1. Score a perfect 1600 on the SAT. ...um not even in high school yet
2. Play the violin or piano on the level of a concert performer. play both piano 8 years violin 2 years piano kinda suckish but i get by. Violin pretty well for a 6th/7th grder
3. Apply to and be accepted by 27 colleges. again not even in highschool
4. Go to an Ivy League university and win enough scholarship money to pay for it. ...again im' not even in high school
5. Have four hobbies: studying, studying, violin/piano, and studying. hobby 1 studying hobbby to violin and piano, hobby 3 computer, hobby 4 hanging out with my smarter then me asian friends.
6. Love classical music and detest talking on the telephone. Talking on the telephone?? Even my best friend whose mother is WAY strict chinese lets her talk on the phone alot...you obviously havent met my moms/my asian friends. Classical music is soso pretty good
7. Become a Westinghouse, Presidential and eventually a Rhodes Scholar. huh?
8. Aspire to be a brain surgeon. HECK NO!
9. Marry an Asian-American doctor and have perfect, successful children (grandkids for ah-ma and ah-ba!). true about that i guess
10. Love to hear stories about your parents' childhood...especially the one about walking 20 miles to school without shoes.hahaha kinda..I like hearing stories about my grandfather on my moms side..(he died))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:48 am
How to be the Perfect Asian American Parent
(from the second generation perspective)
1. Be a little more lenient on the 7:00 p.m. curfew.
My parents are kinda leniant on that only I still have a very early curfew for my age.
2. Don't ask where the other point went when your child comes home with 99 percent grade on his/her report card. Eh my parnets finnaly started dealing with that when i came home with 84s in math. (my worst subject))
3. Don't "ai-yah" loudly at your kid's dress habits. eh not really i'm kinda a consevative dresseer but they do do that sometime.
4. Don't blatantly hint about the merits of Habadu (Harvard),Yeil (Yale), or Purinsuton (Princeton). again only in middle school
5. Don't reveal all the intimate details of your kid's life to the entire Asian community. GAH!!!! my parents say everything that goes on in my life to all there friends.
6. Don't ask your child, "What are you going to do with your life?" if he/she majors in a non-science field. Eh they do that alot when i told them no science for me.
7. Don't give your son a bowl haircut or your daughter two acres of bangs.actually they dont do that.
8. Don't try to set your kid up on a date in anticipation of their poor taste or inept social skills. my mom does worse. "no dating untill college.
9. Incorporate other phrases besides, "Did you study yet?" into your daily conversations with your children. they do that alot
10. Don't ask all your kid's friends over the age of 21 if they have a boy/girlfriend yet.
they still do  

lollerskater123321

[Monchhichi]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:35 pm
judging by the first post, i'm not even one bit close to being a perfect asian kid...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:03 pm
How to be a Perfect Asian Kid
1. Score a perfect 1600 on the SAT - I don't get that great of a score, but I get above averege
2. Play the violin or piano on the level of a concert performer - I don't play any instraments, but I sing
3. Apply to and be accepted by 27 colleges - I don't even want to attend that many colloges
4. Go to an Ivy League university and win enough scholarship money to pay for it - Umm, I don't think I'll ever be that smart
5. Have four hobbies: studying, studying, violin/piano, and studying - I don't really like studying
6. Love classical music and detest talking on the telephone - I like it, but I rather listen to pop, I mean, S.H.E is rly good, so is Twins (Yes, I'm Chinese) and I don't talk on the phone to much...I'm ussully doing IM
7. Become a Westinghouse, Presidential and eventually a Rhodes Scholar - ???
8. Aspire to be a brain surgeon - no, ick
9. Marry an Asian-American doctor and have perfect, successful children (grandkids for ah-ma and ah-ba!) - well, maybe not a doctor...
10. Love to hear stories about your parents' childhood...especially the one about walking 20 miles to school without shoes - I like to hear some stories, but not about them walking

How to be the Perfect Asian American Parent
1. Be a little more lenient on the 7:00 p.m. curfew - they are a little leiniet about my curfew
2. Don't ask where the other point went when your child comes home with 99 percent grade on his/her report card - they do that all the time, especially my dad, he's always like: you should've studied more, so you could of did better
3. Don't "ai-yah" loudly at your kid's dress habits - my mom is always like that, especially when we go to her friend's house, she goes: they'll think I odn't buy you clothes, and demands that i chage
4. Don't blatantly hint about the merits of Habadu (Harvard),Yeil (Yale), or Purinsuton (Princeton) - They don't talk about this, I'm only in Middle School
5. Don't reveal all the intimate details of your kid's life to the entire Asian community - My mom tells my relatives EVERYTHING how I'm always doing things wrong, and embarassing things
6. Don't ask your child, "What are you going to do with your life?" if he/she majors in a non-science field - they always do this
7. Don't give your son a bowl haircut or your daughter two acres of bangs - actually, my mom wanted me to cut my bangs, and they want my brother to have a buzz cut
8. Don't try to set your kid up on a date in anticipation of their poor taste or inept social skills - they don't even want me to date yet
9. Incorporate other phrases besides, "Did you study yet?" into your daily conversations with your children - my dad asks me that about everyday!
10. Don't ask all your kid's friends over the age of 21 if they have a boy/girlfriend yet - they never do that  

Blossom_Dreams

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:09 am
Oh, we were supposed to reply like that ^? Whoops. xD  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items