Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
---[Movie ---SPOILERS--- ]--- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miuco

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:27 am
Sitting Boi
The Guide bits were done perfectly. Word for word.

Not word for word. Some of them.

They omitted some things from some of them, and they changed lines on others (for what reason, I don't know).  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:05 am
I was really expecting it to deviate from the books , and to be filmed worse than it was. So I was actually very happy. The second head and hand being hidden most of the time really helped make the film that much more believable. If there was an eyesore of an obviously not-real head or arm just floating around the whole time, it would be odd.

I loved Zaphod's voice though. XD Made him sound like such a sleaze. I also loved the swatters; my friends and I are going to buy some black flyswatters to carry around in addition to our towels now.

xd  

Marisynos

Miuco

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:09 am
Saradiel
I was really expecting it to deviate from the books , and to be filmed worse than it was.

Well after seeing the previews I knew it was going in a different direction.

And it could be much much much worse, I think I just expect too much.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:46 pm
Miuco
Sitting Boi
The Guide bits were done perfectly. Word for word.

Not word for word. Some of them.

They omitted some things from some of them, and they changed lines on others (for what reason, I don't know).

They were close enough. Closer than everything else... sweatdrop  

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Keres

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:14 pm
Yeah, I liked Zaphod, besides the head thing, I think the actor captured his character perfectly. What I think was a mistake was casting Mos Def as Ford . .. something just wasn't right about that. xD  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:50 pm
Keres
Yeah, I liked Zaphod, besides the head thing, I think the actor captured his character perfectly. What I think was a mistake was casting Mos Def as Ford . .. something just wasn't right about that. xD

Meh, he didn't do too badly of a job.

My biggest beef, and the thing that makes me really sick of the movie is the romance between Arthur and Trillian.

When I went the second time I went with my dad and brother...
My dad had seen the BBC show years ago and never sat through the whole thing so after the movie he was trying to get all philosophical on it and I was trying to tell him that that's the reason why the movie sucked...
Because he hadn't read the book, he hadn't sat through the BBC so he sees the movie and totally makes it out to be something different than it originally was.

I'm not sure I'm making sense! But it made sense in my head before I started typing. Yes.  

Miuco

OliverWoodsGal

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:40 pm
Miuco
OliverWoodsGal
It is the closest thing I've seen to the book...

Are you kidding? The BBC miniseries, although it had a horrible budget, is almost exact.

I meant as far as a book gone movie has been.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games